Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    Or the Palm Newness =P
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    That's the PRO, not the Pre.
    i think it's the Bro or the Manssiere.
    with al of this confusion, there's no telling how many customers are going to receive the wrong device?

the Pre, the Pro, the Preo, the Proe.

good luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Just think after all these newbs get their new Pre/Pro.
    They call Sprint/Palm for support about their Pre thinking they have a Pro, or they have a Pro, and they think it's a Pre.
    The first 10min of the support call will be for nothing else but to tag down what device they're actually calling about. :-/

<edit>

If you have a Pre - Please Press 1
    If you have a Pro - Please Press 2
    If you're not sure - Please Stay on the Line, the next available customer service representative will answer your call in the order it was received - estimated wait time is; 1hr 35mins.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    oh maan... haha... mixing up online orders... that'd be horrible.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    I just can't believe they're going to stick with that name "Pre".
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I just can't believe they're going to stick with that name "Pre".
    The Palm 900p ?
    The front page of the Sprint site has the Pre "coming soon" teaser. There would seem to be no way they post that now and release in May or June. That March 15th date suddenly looks more likely to me.
    That coming soon they put up right away
    Quote Originally Posted by conceptnine View Post
    The front page of the Sprint site has the Pre "coming soon" teaser. There would seem to be no way they post that now and release in May or June. That March 15th date suddenly looks more likely to me.
    They had that for the Instinct a day or two after it was announced at CTIA and it was about 3.5 months before sales launch.
    That went up from day one and the one they had for the treo 800W was up for months before it was released. that means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by conceptnine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    OMG, folks stop with this already....
    +5

btw I spoke with that person yesterday and she said the same thing. She is confusing it with the Pro.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The Palm 900p ?
    That's better than the Pre.
    Since they want to get away from using numbers they can call it

The Palm Nine Double Oh P.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    . . . .
    If you have a pre - please press 1
    if you have a pro - please press 2
    if you're not sure - please stay on the line, the next available customer service representative will answer your call in the order it was received - estimated wait time is; 1hr 35mins.
    lol!
    It wouldn't be 900P ....doesn't the "P" stand for Palm OS? and W stands for Windows OS i.e. 800W
    Quote Originally Posted by HU'S NEXT? View Post
    It wouldn't be 900P ....doesn't the "P" stand for Palm OS? and W stands for Windows OS i.e. 800W
    Normally, but 900P has historical significance. (forgot to add the in my previous).

(If you are interested and do a search on TC for 900P you will turn up 99 threads that mention it)
    Instead of "Pre", how about the Palm Nuvo? Or Nova? Or Neveau? Even Preo would be better. Precog? Or how about "cloud" references? Nimbus? Stratus? Cumulus? ???
    Ohhhh.... I like Palm Nimbus
    Quote Originally Posted by agentTREO7 View Post
    Ohhhh.... I like Palm Nimbus
    Nimbus....like the Nimbus 2009? Sounds like a broom that Harry Potter rides on when he places that weird game....Quddich is it? lol
    My wife and I go to the mall to get some stuff. I casually walk into the Sprint store just for the hell of it. And yeah.. just for the hell of it I ask one of the workers "Any word on the Pre on when it's coming out?" He says "Pre? oh that one right there - yeah we'll have those on Feb 15th"... he was pointing at the Treo Pro dummy display. I walked out