Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Whatever the date is, it is going to take forever to get here
    Now that's a fact.

Two low level Sprint employees, one in Manilla and another in CA, told me ("I think", "I heard") a month or two. I'd like to believe that, but it is in Sprint's interest to string us along, considering contracts and renewals.
    Last edited by galavanter; 01/21/2009 at 08:02 AM.
    News on the market is palm pre will be avail 2/15. This is from the same source i got some info on for the palm 800w coming out... he was 75% accurate with his info on the 800 and its release.

Now some more info he gave me. 2/15 release, Requires a data plan but NOT a se or simply data plan. He sad thats a benefit of having a plam, not requiring you to change your plan like the iphone. No wording on price. I dont know if he knew didnt know, but he always kinda shut me up when it came to price.

"I am seeing that you do have data access available on your line, so I do not believe that it would be an issue with getting it activated on the plan. (That is a nice thing about the Palm lines is that they can go onto about any plan) So as long as you have that data pack, it soul be fine"

"That was a really great question!"

take it with a grain of salt.

Best,

Vyruz
    don't be a jerk and lie about all this =) i'm stoked!
    well since i have nothing else to do. It looks like you were pretty wrong on the release date of the Treo Pro, but you were just a day off for the release of the 800w. You talked about your connection one other time. Maybe you aren't lying too much.
    LOL.. this isnt my info.. its coming from someone else i happen to know. Anyway.. i never followed the treo pro and never guess a date???

hmmm....

anyway hopefully he isnt too off i cant wait for mine
    Please do not be a joker 'cause I swear, i'll find you and make you eat yellow snow !!! Dammit...

I want to believe but it seems so unlikely to come so early...although Feb is technically within the first half of the year..
    Well since the SDK isn't even out for it I doubt 2/15 (unless it's 2010) is accurate. That would leave less than 1 month for programmers to try and get there stuff out for launch day. if it does come out on 2/15 I will wait awhile until the early adopters are done "beta testing" it and there are actual programs I can install for it.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Would be nice but I doubt it.
    If Palm can hit the anvil while its hot with the PRE they'll have it out before June so people will still be slightly buzzed about it. Februrary is wayy too soon or else CES would have had a release date to stoke the fires.
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    I would love for it to come out in February, but considering the FCC data still hasn't been released even, I kind of doubt it. I'd bet March or April myself.
    sorry, but I'm gonna be extremely skeptical about this info. I'm not calling you a liar, but I think your source may be confused. I would be ecstatic if it actually did come out in February, but I'm definitely not gonna hold my breath. Even if there were no apps available as of the release date, I'd probably still get it assuming I could sync my stuff from Outlook. If it does in fact come out in a few weeks then I would expect the SDK to be released pretty much immediately.

I'm also estimating a late March release. That gives them a bit of time to release the SDK and have developers quickly release a bunch of apps, but it's early enough to beat the release of the G2 and the next gen Iphone, which I'm sure are huge marks on their schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    he was 75% accurate with his info on the 800 and its release.
    Which 75% was that?
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Which 75% was that?
    75% of these questions:

1) Is it a phone?
    2) Is it going to be released?
    3) Is it a Palm Product?
    4) When is the actual release date?

.... Totally kidding Vyruz Reaper! I'm still hoping you're right!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Which 75% was that?
    the 100% of most facts are made up

haha i think 2/15 is out of reach, but you never know???

I thought myself march/april was gonna be the dates
    I came across a Twitter permalink last night that claimed 3/16, based on a Sprint insider. 2/15 would coincide with MWC, so it's not entirely far-fetched. I'd be happy with either date.

We need to get the TC Pre release date contest happening!
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I could believe a March release date for sure, but Feb 15 sounds tough. Let's hope he's right!
    god I hope so. the sooner its out in america, the sooner its outin the UK which is where I am.

and I'm not even bothered about additional apps right out of the box. the base phone will do what I want and it does what the iphone doesn't, ie copy/paste, flash on camera etc so I just want this thing out already!
    Quote Originally Posted by maltese_falcon View Post
    god I hope so. the sooner its out in america, the sooner its outin the UK which is where I am.

and I'm not even bothered about additional apps right out of the box. the base phone will do what I want and it does what the iphone doesn't, ie copy/paste, flash on camera etc so I just want this thing out already!
    Thats how I feel too. The features announced on the Pre that come standard are already WAY more advanced than what I currently have on my 755p WITH all the apps. I'll miss some of my games, and of course no microSD would be a real bummer, but at least I wouldn't have to worry about kinoma and other basic media apps that I had on my treo. One thing I will really miss for now will be VNC, but hopefully logmein will work natively on the Pre's browser.
    Let all hope that the above dates do not refer to month/year.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Let all hope that the above dates do not refer to month/year.

:-P

I'm not quite sure that would fit into the "first half of 2009" promise.
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast