Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    I don't mind the posts on what this CSR said, what that CSR said, just wish they'd quit creating new threads on the subject.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I don't mind the posts on what this CSR said, what that CSR said, just wish they'd quit creating new threads on the subject.

that is agreeable, but I think we all need to take a step back and look @ some things

I am pretty sure after 2 years the OS should be pretty solid, the announcement @ CES was made to generate a buzz, Palm has confidentiality agreements in place, and there are lurkers on this and many other boards and websites talking bout the Pre................

Palm nor Sprint wants to disappoint, they reading these things and they making as many changes as they can, in a reasonable time, plus they scared that they are going to be ripped apart by critics..... so either way it goes somebody gone have something negative to say, whether the majority is solid reports or not....

seem like the rate Sprint is going none of the information we are getting is valid, I am not an FCC lurker, but the EOL list shows the rumor II as the next in stock phone for Sprint..... it has not passed FCC and it is 10 days out

I may be wrong... but this is just my opinion from things i have seen
    Last edited by udratherbme; 02/05/2009 at 08:46 AM.
    yeah ... didn;t realize it till ur psot, but the 800w was rlease in July. 7-8 month later it;s replaced. I guess that would be fine for a regular phone, but a SMART phone, that's kinda early.

opf course, you could argue smartphones are becoming the norma and should be refresed evey 6 months. I think blackbeery refrese that often (don;t have any facts handy to back that up)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    t
    seem like the rate Sprint is going none of the information we are getting is valid, I am not an FCC lurker, but the EOL list shows the rumor II as the next in stock phone for Sprint..... it has not passed FCC and it is 10 days out

I may be wrong... but this is just my opinion from things i have seen
    Well you are getting your info from a horse's ****. sorry. Anywhere that your read about "not passed FCC testing" just remove the site or poster for your list of sources because that is idiotic and only tells you one thing: the source doesn't know about anything.

Why? Because I promise you, you will find out that rumor two passed FCC in Nov to Dec. Mobile phones are tested and passed about six to four months before they are release and zero information shows up at FCC until a week or several days before release. Nowadays the company asks the FCC to not release any results to the public until just days before release.

As far as the main subject of the thread, the title should be: "I fond another CSR who doesn't know much and is confused, yet I created a thread that is easily disprovable."

We have printed material showing the launch date of the Pro to be January 25 from early January. The stores had advocates full functioning Pros and adverting material in the stores on the 21st as would be the case for a release ont eh 25. There are brightpoint documents showing Pro on bright on the 21st -- as expected for a general 25 release. Best Buy got 1900Pros into stores on the 22nd for sale on the 25th. There was a software hiccup that requires some changes and Pro had a three week delay. It is all rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    As far as the main subject of the thread, the title should be: "I fond another CSR who doesn't know much and is confused, yet I created a thread that is easily disprovable."
    You know what happens to dumb threads that people keep replying to, saying how dumb they are? Yep, that's right. So if you think this is a dumb thread, ignore it and let it fall down the list. That's the worst punishment you can give it.
    There should be one topic called "Pre Release Date Speculation" where all the other threads on the subject can be merged into. Seeing this redundancy on the same subject is getting a bit tiresome. I'm not putting anyone down on providing the info they get, but all this should be discussed in one thread.
    I got a phone call from Sprint (866-330-1105) asking me if I have any questions about my account. I asked about the Palm Pre and I was told that it will be sold for $549 and that it will be out on Feb 15 according to the email that she was reading. But after some discounts I would be able to get it for $249

-$100 2 year agreement
    -$150 2 year account credit
    -$50 rebate
    -----------------
    $249.99

I asked her if I can pre-order it, but I was told that I would have to call the same number on release date.
    That's the PRO, not the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I got a phone call from Sprint (866-330-1105) asking me if I have any questions about my account. I asked about the Palm Pre and I was told that it will be sold for $549 and that it will be out on Feb 15 according to the email that she was reading. But after some discounts I would be able to get it for $249

-$100 2 year agreement
    -$150 2 year account credit
    -$50 rebate
    -----------------
    $249.99

I asked her if I can pre-order it, but I was told that I would have to call the same number on release date.

Did you tell the rep that she was retarded.
    Definitely the Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Mobile phones are tested and passed about six to four months before they are release and zero information shows up at FCC until a week or several days before release. Nowadays the company asks the FCC to not release any results to the public until just days before release.
    Please have someone BOLD this ^ and pop it up as a message before someone mentions FCC again!!
    Did someone swap the "O"s and the "E"s on the keyboards of whoever sent the emails to the CSRs?? I swear - getting tired of these continuous confusions
    So far this is the only mistake Palm did, that name thingy is driving us NUTS
    You guys could be right, but I cleary said the PALM PREEEEEEE!!! You know like in PEEEE.
    You guys could be right, but I cleary said the PALM PREEEEEEE!!! You know like in PEEEE.
    I'm not doubting at all what you said. What matters is the source of the information they gave you. I'm doubting that A LOT. But I hope I'm REALLY wrong because you're bringing back my hopes of an earlier than expected release!
    if you want the Sprint rep to take you seriously, you need to stay out of the bathroom while you are on the phone.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    if you want the Sprint rep to take you seriously, you need to stay out of the bathroom while you are on the phone.
    Did you miss a smiley face on that? Or are you for real? Can a mod control this troll?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I assumed it was a joke. Why even ask those first two questions if you're then going to go ahead and label him as a troll anyway?

And much like the release date... I'm pretty much just waiting for an official announcement at the point for the price as well before I get excited about anything.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Did you miss a smiley face on that? Or are you for real? Can a mod control this troll?
    I didn't read it as he was ripping on you.
    I think he was just playing off your PEEEEEE

If he was friendly jesting, he could have added
    Just call me Berd.
    I wonder why they didn't just call it Preo?