Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    Just some more fuel to add to the fire.... went to the Sprint Store tonight.... I noticed that both the Treo 755p and the 800w are $99 w/ a 2 year agreement, then i came home and checked the net and they are the same price
    Yea they have been $99 for at least a few days now.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    first post, thought this was interesting. she confirmed the pre price, the pro release date, and some other stuff. I can post screen shots if you want them

9:54:13 PM System
    Amanda RR has joined this session!
    9:54:13 PM System
    Connected with Amanda RR
    9:54:13 PM Amanda RR
    Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Amanda. How may I assist you today?
    9:54:23 PM bill
    Hi
    9:54:50 PM bill
    Do you know anything about the palm pre?
    9:54:58 PM Amanda RR
    I would be more than happy to assist you today.
    9:55:03 PM bill
    great
    9:55:08 PM Amanda RR
    There is no set date when this device will be released at this time.
    9:55:19 PM bill
    price?
    9:55:43 PM bill
    have you heard anything about when it might be released?
    9:55:48 PM Amanda RR
    It is 549.99 for basic price.
    9:55:58 PM Amanda RR
    They have not said any information on this yet.
    9:56:16 PM bill
    you know the price ?
    9:56:27 PM Amanda RR
    It is 549.99 for basic price.
    9:56:29 PM bill
    so they told you the price and nothing else?
    9:56:37 PM bill
    that seems odd
    9:57:05 PM Amanda RR
    They had the release date for end of January however they have changed this and has not set the new date.
    9:57:16 PM bill
    so if i was a new customer how much would i have to pay to walk out of the store with a new two year contract and the pre?
    9:57:48 PM bill
    wait...are you talking about the palm PRE or the treo PRO?
    9:58:08 PM Amanda RR
    Palm pre.
    9:58:35 PM bill
    the palm treo pro was coming out in January and they moved it back...did they do that with the PRE aswell?
    9:59:23 PM bill
    ?
    9:59:48 PM Amanda RR
    The palm pre has been moved.
    10:00:13 PM bill
    Can you say when the treo PRO is coming out?
    10:01:48 PM Amanda RR
    One moment please.
    10:02:00 PM bill
    ok
    10:03:59 PM bill
    ?
    10:04:13 PM Amanda RR
    I appreciate your patience. I am still researching that information for you.
    10:06:31 PM bill
    ok
    10:07:38 PM Amanda RR
    The pro comes out it says on 02/15/09.
    10:07:48 PM Amanda RR
    I apologize, the 17th.
    10:09:01 PM bill
    ok...so just to make sure i understand you, the treo PRO comes out the 17th, but the palm PRE (in addition to the PRO) was going to come out in January but they pushed it back to an unknown date
    10:09:33 PM Amanda RR
    Yes, that is correct.
    10:11:08 PM bill
    but they just announced the PRE on January 11th?
    10:11:28 PM Amanda RR
    This device does not have a set date to come out.
    10:12:09 PM bill
    I understand that but you said they were planning to release it around the same time they announced it which is hard to believe
    10:12:38 PM bill
    I think you are confusing the PRE with the PRO because the pro was pushed back from the end of January to feb
    10:13:08 PM Amanda RR
    It was supposed to be released at the end of January then they moved this date up and has not been set at this time.
    10:13:40 PM bill
    Interesting, when did you first learn it was going to come out in January?
    10:15:28 PM Amanda RR
    The only information I have is that it was to come out on 01/25/09 but then they changed it.
    10:16:03 PM Amanda RR
    Do you have any further questions or concerns?
    10:16:21 PM bill
    yes
    10:16:38 PM Amanda RR
    What can I assist you with?
    10:17:06 PM bill
    I was trying to figure out how far in advance they let you know that the pre was coming out on the 25th, like in December or October
    10:17:55 PM bill
    because it stands to reason that’s how far in advance they would tell you again
    10:18:48 PM Amanda RR
    It was in January.
    10:18:57 PM bill
    so right before then
    10:20:23 PM Amanda RR
    Yes, that is correct.
    10:20:28 PM bill
    ok just to be absolutely clear... you were initially told that the palm PRE (not PRO) was coming out on 01/25/09, but then they pushed it back to an unknown date. and you can confirm the treo PRO is coming out on 2/15/09?
    10:21:23 PM Amanda RR
    Yes, that is correct.
    10:22:10 PM bill
    so you don't have even a hint of when the PRE will come out(march, june?), or why it was pushed back?
    10:23:58 PM Amanda RR
    I do apologize, however a set date has not been set on when the Palm PRE will be available. The only information provided, is that the phone will be released Early 2009. If you like, I would be more than happy to send you a link, where you can sign up to receive a email on when the Palm Pre will be released.
    10:25:08 PM bill
    i have sign up already, is early like march? the only info i have is "the first half of 2009""
    10:26:18 PM Amanda RR
    Bill, I do apologize, however the only information that we have is that Palm will be releasing this phone early 2009. I do apologize for the inconvenience.
    10:27:39 PM bill
    thats ok you have been very patient i am just confused about the word "early" because it is different then the information i had about the "first half"
    10:28:11 PM bill
    (clearly i am very excited about the phone)
    10:28:33 PM Amanda RR
    I understand.
    10:28:43 PM Amanda RR
    Do you have any other questions that I may assist you with this evening?
    10:29:09 PM bill
    nope, have you had a lot of people asking about the phone?
    10:30:28 PM Amanda RR
    Yes, customers are very excited about the new device.
    10:30:59 PM bill
    well i assume it will only get worse the longer we go without any information, i hope they tell us soon for your guys sake!
    10:31:21 PM Amanda RR
    Do you have any other questions that I may assist you with this evening?
    10:31:30 PM bill
    no, thank you for your help
    I still think she's confused. I think that would have been too soon to release the Pre right after they announced the device. I guess maybe we will never really know for sure though.
    Amazing! Who is doing QA on these Sprint reps? Seems like they would all have a standard script to answer questions about the Pre by now.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    The Rep. might be correct. New O.S., new phone. A lot of pressure on this to be right. Releasing this with a few snags wouldn't be wise.I'm sure they're testing everything. And something might be holding this up. Even the best toys have these problems. Don't forget the fcc patents.
  7. joelpalm
    The sales rep I spoke with today says that it was pushed back because Palm is waiting on some parts to come in. Take it for what it's worth.
    OMG, folks stop with this already....
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by merovingian View Post
    omg, folks stop with this already....
    +1!
    1/25? Hogwash. Sounds like she's making it up as she goes along.

We all need to take a deep breath, calm down, and wait patiently. It'll be here when it gets here, and no CSR reallly knows when that is.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Stop, with this already ... yall are acting like small children. Grow-up!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    haha, I agree these things are stupid I just thought the conversation was a bit ridiculous.
    You know, I'm a gadgetholic , I'm attempting to seek help under some rock, however as much as I'm getting the Pre when ever the damn thing comes out, and however much it cost, all this CSR stuff HAS TO STOP.... I can't take it, I'm already going to relapse and buy this gadget when it comes out, but you guys are killing me...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    We are children with ADHD. Otherwise, we are we blogging ?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Well... if we stop, we'll certainly have a lot less to talk about. As for myself, I do not mind at all seeing a post like this. I thought it was an interesting. The OP tried his best to get around the snags we've discussed before, and presented the conversation to us so we could see it for ourselves, rather than making a claim witj no "proof" for us to see.

We're probably not going to get much til MWC, so gotta have something to discuss here. Some of you say Stop it already, I say thanks for sharing.
    Children with ADHD and impressively bad spelling...
    If the Sprint CSR says the grass is blue and the sky is green, does that make her right?

We know for a fact that the Treo Pro was supposed to be released on 1/25 because there are leaked support documents that say that it was pushed back. Just because Sprint tells you the opposite of something doesn't make that opposite thing correct.

And seriously, let's give these Sprint reps a break. They have no idea, you're wasting your time and theirs, and I'm sure there are customers waiting for help with slightly more pressing issues that you're making have to wait as well.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 02/05/2009 at 02:48 AM.
    Personally, I think it was the Pro she meant too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    Just some more fuel to add to the fire.... went to the Sprint Store tonight.... I noticed that both the Treo 755p and the 800w are $99 w/ a 2 year agreement, then i came home and checked the net and they are the same price
    It's no surprise that the Treo 755p is going EOL, heck the phone has been out for almost 2 years now. But the Treo 800w stings like a b1tch. I wish I held out for the Pro.

I think March 15th is a believeable date.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If the Sprint CSR says the grass is blue and the sky is green, does that make her right?
    Okay. Don't burst my bubble on these, too.

Blue Grass, smarty pants:

Green Sky, Mr. Nattering Nabob of Negativism:

I guess I'm gonna have to go with the Sprint CSR on this one.

Tomorrow...proof on the existence of Santa and the Easter Bunny. I believe.