Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 838
  1. #521  
    shut it down.
  2. #522  
    March 15th is nice...most will have their tax returns and the hype wont be too far in the past for people to want it.
  3. #523  
    Beware the Ides of March!

    But a Sunday Launch? Kinda Strange...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  4. #524  
    I think Sunday is a traditional launch day for Sprint.
  5. #525  
    What does it mean that several Centros are in this list, with no replacements? Are they really going to stop selling Centros? If so, it seems they're betting everything on the Pre and Pro.
  6. Gerorne's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #526  
    I'd say so about betting everything on the Pre. I'm sure there'll be another cheap phone later on. Centro-esque, but with webOS. But only if the Pre succeeds.
  7. #527  
    I'd take a Centro that looks like the Pre, but with Palm OS.
  8. #528  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    I'd take a Centro that looks like the Pre, but with Palm OS.
    I bet that it actually costs less to put WebOS on a device than Palm OS (assuming the device can handle WebOS). WebOS development is a sunk cost, and since Palm owns it, no licensing fees. I don't know what the arrangement is with Access, but Palm doesn't own Palm OS, so I bet they pay some license fees, however small.

    I believe that Palm has stated that their future is Windows Mobile (for enterprise users) and WebOS for prosumers. Palm OS will be no more.
  9. #529  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I bet that it actually costs less to put WebOS on a device than Palm OS (assuming the device can handle WebOS). WebOS development is a sunk cost, and since Palm owns it, no licensing fees. I don't know what the arrangement is with Access, but Palm doesn't own Palm OS, so I bet they pay some license fees, however small.

    I believe that Palm has stated that their future is Windows Mobile (for enterprise users) and WebOS for prosumers. Palm OS will be no more.
    I agree for the most part, that Garnet (its not called Palm OS anymore ) is now dead, but from what I understand, Palm paid a perpetual licensing fee a few years ago to allow them to use and modify Garnet whenever and however they want.
  10. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #530  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    What does it mean that several Centros are in this list, with no replacements? Are they really going to stop selling Centros? If so, it seems they're betting everything on the Pre and Pro.
    Since the Centro is losing Palm money, I expect that they are anxious to stop selling it.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  11. #531  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I agree for the most part, that Garnet (its not called Palm OS anymore ) is now dead, but from what I understand, Palm paid a perpetual licensing fee a few years ago to allow them to use and modify Garnet whenever and however they want.
    Okay, that's good info--thanks!
  12. #532  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    I'd take a Centro that looks like the Pre, but with Palm OS.
    That would be a nice device jaharr.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  13. #533  
    I'm also kinda surprised that sprint would get rid of the centro, but like others have said, maybe they'll replace it with a centro type version of the Pre. I think before they get rid of the centro, they have to focus on making different colors of whatever phones they have out. I know this is superficial, but seriously, little girls aren't gonna walk into a sprint store and go, "mommy, I want that black phone!". No, the little girl's gonna ask for the pink one. It doesn't matter what OS or features are on it. I think once they have different color versions of the Pre, the centro will die off easily enough.
  14. #534  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    maybe they'll replace it with a centro type version of the Pre.
    This is what I'm thinking.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  15. #535  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Palm and Sprint could not have timed this any better, my eligibility for my 2-year $150 discount starts March 1.
    Now I have to hope Sprint doesn't deny me because I'm on the $30 SERO plan.

    Haha mine is up on June, so that might work better for me
  16. #536  
    They updated that post saying March 15th...They want to get rid of the 755p's before they bring out the Pre which could push the release date closer to end of May/early June. To me, the 'coming soon' statement on palm.com does not mean May or June, but rather February or March. 3-4 months isn't really 'soon'.
  17. #537  
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    They updated that post saying March 15th...They want to get rid of the 755p's before they bring out the Pre which could push the release date closer to end of May/early June. To me, the 'coming soon' statement on palm.com does not mean May or June, but rather February or March. 3-4 months isn't really 'soon'.
    I was just going to mention that too. Too me that thinking makes no sense to me. I understand that they want to get rid of the 755p's but, there's a smarter way to do that, just lower the price, by like, a lot! If the Pre is supposed to save Sprint and Palm, holding it back until the 755s are gone is, in my opinion, completely idiotic. Why wait for the relics to be sold and hold back the phone that's going to sell like hot cakes? Sell them simultaneously, and people on a budget, or just die hard "old school" Palm fans will still buy the 755.

    I really hope that Sprint won't go through with this strategy, holding the next new hot thing back to get rid of the old stuff is just silly. Imagine a car dealer not selling any 2009 models until the 2008 models are all sold!
  18. #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Imagine a car dealer not selling any 2009 models until the 2008 models are all sold!
    Very good point.
  19. #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I was just going to mention that too. Too me that thinking makes no sense to me. I understand that they want to get rid of the 755p's but, there's a smarter way to do that, just lower the price, by like, a lot! If the Pre is supposed to save Sprint and Palm, holding it back until the 755s are gone is, in my opinion, completely idiotic. Why wait for the relics to be sold and hold back the phone that's going to sell like hot cakes? Sell them simultaneously, and people on a budget, or just die hard "old school" Palm fans will still buy the 755.

    I really hope that Sprint won't go through with this strategy, holding the next new hot thing back to get rid of the old stuff is just silly. Imagine a car dealer not selling any 2009 models until the 2008 models are all sold!
    They shouldn't and I don't think they will, I understand the reason Sprint is in the bind that it is in, simply b/c I was told last week, when I saw a SPRINT MOGUL on display, for the same price it was when it was first released.... Sprint rep, 'they told us to try to sell them and they are going to stay on display until they are gone'
  20. #540  
    LOL. Just think June and you'll be ok. Again, this has been pretty obvious since they spoke those infamous "first half" words..

Posting Permissions