Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I just figured what the heck and asked about a release date in a chat session and I got a very interesting answer. I attached a screenshot of the chat. First of that answer I have seen.
    That's the Pro that was set for the end of January and got pushed back.

Its really a waste of time to even bother asking, they don't know.
    This confusion reminds me of previous conversations with CS about my plan to determine what was covered and what was not covered.

Then when you think you finally got the right answer, your bill shows up and the confusion starts again.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    What I am wondering about is that Sprint must be aware of all those rumors floating around the internet about this release date, and they choose not to say anything about it at all, so how are we supposed to take this?
    It would make absolutely no sense for a company to respond to such rumours.

Imagine that they did, and squashed somebody's rumour date. Next thing you know, up pops another rumour with a different date. So they squash that one. Then another. On and on it goes until somebody gets lucky and accidentally hits upon the *real* date. Now they have to stay mum (or lie). The rest of the world sees their uncharacteristic quietness and goes, "Ahhhhh!"
    When Palm said the Pre would come out in the first half of the year, I figured it would be June 31.

And before you all jump, yes I know how many days there are in June.
    All this 2/15 talk reminds me of this video:
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Sprint EOL list reveals target Palm Pre launch, plenty more : Boy Genius Report

You're welcome.

Caveat: It's the Sprint in-stock date, which means a launch just after that if this is accurate.
    Now this is the time frame I was thinking as well. Now just another month to go instead of a few weeks T_T ah well. I hope this puts the silly season to a stop now
    The list says the in-stock date is about 3/15, but the story says 5/15 for a sale date. The two don't add up. I'm guessing the 5/15 date was a mistake based on the EOL for the 755p on the same date. But if they can't even edit their own story correctly, it doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in anything the write.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    LOL... You beat me to it Mikah...

But I def. trust BGR in their sources...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    finally .. something more concrete. kudos to the boy Genius report
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    The list says the in-stock date is about 3/15, but the story says 5/15 for a sale date. The two don't add up. I'm guessing the 5/15 date was a mistake based on the EOL for the 755p on the same date. But if they can't even edit their own story correctly, it doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in anything the write.
    The point is the launch of the Pre will be in that two-month interim, and that's more definite than "the first half of 2009" and earlier than June. Their story is fine.
    I'm not going to hold my breath waiting based on any of these reports that keeping popping up. I'm just going to wait until there is an official announcement. Worrying about which date is right is just driving me crazy.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
    Well, if the article saying it won't be in Sprint's warehouses until 3/15 is right, that pretty much squashes the 2/15 rumors.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    That was a typo, it seems. THEY HAPPEN.

March 15 as the in-stock makes me think that they'll be launching end of March, beginning of April. They'll want to have a large amount of stock, because I suspect it'll see some incredible sales...

As for people questioning the source: BGR is pretty well-known. I'd believe them.
    Quote Originally Posted by daveandcori View Post
    I'm not going to hold my breath waiting based on any of these reports that keeping popping up. I'm just going to wait until there is an official announcement. Worrying about which date is right is just driving me crazy.
    It's not just "some report." This is the actual Sprint internal list. Notice how many other handsets are referenced in the article?
    yes ... we have seen similar report before for other handsets releases. While this good be phoney. BGR does have a decent reputation. THis seems like the most tangible evidence of a release date we have seen
    da Gimp

all of you who wanted this thread to die .... u may have gotten your wish today
    da Gimp

Palm and Sprint could not have timed this any better, my eligibility for my 2-year $150 discount starts March 1.
    Now I have to hope Sprint doesn't deny me because I'm on the $30 SERO plan.
    A target of mid to late March that gets pushed back and delayed until April sounds about right.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    A target of mid to late March that gets pushed back and delayed until April sounds about right.
    I agree with this. Since the Treo Pro shows a target of 2/15 on this list, and we're now expecting it at the end of Feb, I think we should be prepared to see the ides of March come and go without the Pre.

In fact, if it were to slip out into May, I think that would be a bit embarrassing, but it would be WAY better than releasing a clunker. I agree with the sentiment around here that the Pre needs to be a relatively error-free launch. As long as Palm gets it launched before the end of June, they can claim that they released it on time.

Having said that, I'm hoping to hold a Pre in my hands on March 15th!!!!!!!!