Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Sounds very similar to the many other posts we've seen on here over the last week or so. Really you would've been better off just tacking it onto the end of those posts. It's been stated many times also that most CSRs get the Pro and Pre confused, so as much as I'd like to think the 2/15 date is still true, I'm still very skeptical.
    Can we merge this into the 2/15 thread?
    Ashley thought you were asking about the Pro.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Can we merge this into the 2/15 thread?
    I can do it.

Is that the consensus?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I can do it.

Is that the consensus?
    Would make sense to me. There is absolutely no new info from this post. Even worse than many posts that have confirmed that it was not the pro.
    <merged>
    Just call me Berd.
    And I just merged that thread,
    now you go and Post it.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/03/2009 at 02:25 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    I can do it.

Is that the consensus?
    Go for it Berd. You have the power.

And while you at it, see if you can change the name of the Pre to something that isn't as goofy.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Just call me Berd.
    barnette is now a celeb.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I couldn't resist, so I tried a little chat session too eventhough it's pretty useless, but anyways...here it goes:

Connected to sprint-ap1.cnxchat.com
    6:33:57 PM System System
    Session ID: 4996280
    6:33:57 PM System System
    Please hold and the next available agent will be with you shortly.
    6:34:02 PM System System
    Hi! Thanks for waiting. Because we take your security and privacy very serious, please be prepared to provide your account PIN or password or security answer.
    Even though you may have already logged in to My Sprint, this info is used to verify account holder information.
    Whitney W has joined this session!
    Connected with Whitney W
    6:34:07 PM Agent Whitney W
    Thank you contacting Sprint, my name is Whitney W. How may I assist you today?
    6:34:30 PM Customer
    Hi, I am sure you have been asked about this a lot of time, but when is the Treo Pro actually coming out?
    6:34:57 PM Agent Whitney W
    One moment
    6:39:12 PM Agent Whitney W
    There is not an exact date to when the Palm Pre comes out.
    6:39:22 PM Agent Whitney W
    There is a link on sprint.com so that you can be notified to when it comes out.
    6:39:28 PM Customer
    I was asking about the Treo Pro
    6:40:07 PM Agent Whitney W
    The only phone that is coming out soon is the Palm Pre
    6:40:24 PM Customer
    Oh....well, I am interested in that one too.
    6:40:47 PM Customer
    But the Treo Pro is the black phone with a non slide out keyboard that runs Windows Mobile
    6:41:12 PM Customer
    Best Buy had them for sale for a while, but Sprint took them off again to delay it, so I was wondering when it comes out.
    6:42:02 PM Agent Whitney W
    I do apologize, however, I have not heard anything about when that phone is coming out.
    6:42:23 PM Customer
    and it's not in your system at all? The only phone listed to come out soon is the Palm Pre?
    6:43:07 PM Agent Whitney W
    Yes that is the only phone listed.
    6:43:40 PM Customer
    And that's the new phone that was just announced at CES last month, with the new webOS operationg system and the slide out keyboard, right?
    6:44:42 PM Agent Whitney W
    Manny, as stated before, the only phone that I know that I know of that is coming out is the Palm Pre.
    6:45:10 PM Customer
    ok...well, I guess I will go with that one then when it comes out. Thanks for your help.
    6:45:22 PM Agent Whitney W
    You're welcome
    6:45:22 PM Agent Whitney W
    We value your business and would appreciate you taking time to respond to a brief survey about your chat experience. To ensure you are able to participate, please disable all popup blockers before pressing the exit button to end the chat session. Additional feedback or comments regarding Sprint, your chat or chat agent can be sent to: sprint.customerappreciation@connextions.com.
    6:46:01 PM Customer
    Do a lot of people ask about the Palm Pre?
    6:46:43 PM Agent Whitney W
    Not that I have talk to. Every once and a while
    6:46:59 PM Customer
    ok..well thanks again...have a good day.
    6:47:28 PM Agent Whitney W
    No problem you too
    6:47:31 PM System System
    The session has ended!

That's a new one... the Pre is the only phone in her system that's scheduled to come out soon....funny also how I asked about the Treo Pro and she starts talking about the Pre?
    LoL, thats a really odd conversation. She sounds thoroughly confused.
    Yeah, since it was so different from all the others, I figured I'd post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Yeah, since it was so different from all the others, I figured I'd post it.
    Always appreciated, specially when people don't open up their own thread every time.
    Yeah....after all, they merged all this into one thread.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i thought i'd join in on the fun too. i stopped by the sprint store at 5th & mission in sf today to ask about the pre's release date. i expected hesitation & confusion, but surprisingly, without looking anything up, the rep told me mid march for the pre. i then asked about the pro, expecting to trip him up, but he said the pro was delayed until late feb, so he seemed to know the difference. he was quite excited about the pre, telling me it was really cool & that was the one to get. i would have continued to chat with him, but i was running late & had to go. i may have to go back to find out what else he knows (or thinks he knows).
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    i thought i'd join in on the fun too. i stopped by the sprint store at 5th & mission in sf today to ask about the pre's release date. i expected hesitation & confusion, but surprisingly, without looking anything up, the rep told me mid march for the pre. i then asked about the pro, expecting to trip him up, but he said the pro was delayed until late feb, so he seemed to know the difference. he was quite excited about the pre, telling me it was really cool & that was the one to get. i would have continued to chat with him, but i was running late & had to go. i may have to go back to find out what else he knows (or thinks he knows).
    Hmm. I also stopped by the Sprint store in SF (Market St and Front) this morning. The rep told me that the Pro is due around February 15; on the Pre, he said not until the summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    He doesn't know anything. The Pre isn't even available for internal testing yet. It will be June. No earlier.
    I just figured what the heck and asked about a release date in a chat session and I got a very interesting answer. I attached a screenshot of the chat. First of that answer I have seen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.