Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 838
  1. machx's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    This is just my opinion so I guess I could be wrong, but just some facts I gathered.
    ^
  2. #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Ok I guess I went overboard with proven fact but it really does make you thinkg I have contacted sprint maybe 10 times total. 5 out of those 10 I asked first when the pre was coming out and I got the 15th as the release date 4 times. When I asked first for the Pro and the Pre, I got 0 release dates for the pre. Makes you think doesn't it.
    No, it doesnt. You set out to prove to yourself that the Pre was coming on the 15th and guess what? You did!

    Heres a good general rule: If someone at Sprint is available to the general public by phone or chat then they dont know anything more then we do about the Pre release date.
  3. #443  
    My opinion...and it's just that, an opinion...is that a near-term Pre release is unlikely.


    Why? Well, two reasons come to mind immediately:


    1) CES hype - you have the media...the hype...and the industry's attention. Anyone would be crazy not to exploit that attention to its fullest extent...at least short of setting the stage for another disappointing delay. At CES, if your release target is a little over 30 days away, why wouldn't you say Q1 09? Maximize that hype. If you are that close, then you are in testing...and have some sense of how things are going. With that estimate, you could also be off by a factor of 2 and still make a Q1 release.

    No, I think Palm is following the iPhone release model...and believes that early hype is better...and that they can survive until June. In fact, I assume that they also knew that they were quickly approaching irrelevance...and had to show something to the world as soon as it was half-way ready. I doubt that they held off on showing that they are still in the game until they were nearly ready to release.


    2) Superbowl - No commercials by Palm or Sprint for the Pre. There was a Sprint commercial...but they broadcast an existing Nextel-focused ad that was already in the can. Perhaps Sprint needed to reserve the time far in advance and hoped that they would have something bigger to say...but they did not. They didn't even broadcast a new commercial like most other companies. That does not bode well IMHO for any near-term release.




    Of course, I hope that I am wrong...but only time will tell.

    cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by scuba_steve; 02/02/2009 at 10:58 AM.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
  4. #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    My opinion...and it's just that, an opinion...is that a near-term Pre release is unlikely.


    Why? Well, two reasons come to mind immediately:


    1) CES hype - you have the media...the hype...and the industry's attention. Anyone would be crazy not to exploit that attention to its fullest extent...at least short of setting the stage for another disappointing delay. At CES, if your release target is a little over 30 days away, why wouldn't you say Q1 09? Maximize that hype. If you are that close, then you are in testing...and have some sense of how things are going. With that estimate, you could also be off by a factor of 2 and still make a Q1 release.

    No, I think Palm is following the iPhone release model...and believes that early hype is better...and that they can survive until June. In fact, I assume that they also knew that they were quickly approaching irrelevance...and had to show something to the world as soon as it was half-way ready. I doubt that they held off on showing that they are still in the game until they were nearly ready to release.


    2) Superbowl - No commercials by Palm or Sprint for the Pre. There was a Sprint commercial...but they broadcast an existing Nextel-focused ad that was already in the can. Perhaps Sprint needed to reserve the time far in advance and hoped that they would have something bigger to say...but they did not. They didn't even broadcast a new commercial like most other companies. That does not bode well IMHO for any near-term release.




    Of course, I hope that I am wrong...but only time will tell.

    cheers,
    Steve
    I agree plus why is it that every rep you call can tell you when the PRO is coming out but NOT the Pre.
  5. #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    It will eventually come out. Calling once is fine but calling daily or even multiple times/day is just making poor customer service take that much longer for those that need help.

    I've worked on phones for multiple computer helpdesks and the thing we hate the most is customers who think they know more than us and call back a million times. Be a number, not a common name for them.
    so having the sprint help desk on speed dial and calling every 15 minutes is not a good idea ?? really ???
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  6. #446  
    threads merged
  7. #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdangles18 View Post
    I hope it's feb 15 2011 bc that's when my tmo contract ends . Or I gotta find a cheap way to cancel the contract.
    dude ! 2011?? i hate you right now, and i donlt even know you
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  8. #448  
    I think thr BIGGEST thing agaisnt the pre 2/15 release date is the fact none of these bloggers have been asked to take down their info. When i postred info on the 800w, malatesta was contacted by palm and asked him to take some info off the blog. That was a good sign that we got some if not all the info right.

    I dont think dieter got any emails from palm, suggesting that 2/15 is not real and they are just laughing knowing the phone will come out a later time.
  9. #449  
    I'm going to make you guys cry - but it wont be released until June.
  10. #450  
    YOU wont be released until June!
    =P
  11. #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    YOU wont be released until June!
    =P
    My sources told me June. That's all I know. I, unfortunately, don't know my release date. The parole board hasn't told me yet.

    I have a message out to get an update on the release date. We'll see how it comes back.
    Last edited by zelet; 02/02/2009 at 12:55 PM.
  12. #452  
    JUNE?! Boo. Boo to you.
  13. #453  
    Okay, confirmed with several people. It will be June-ish. The hardware isn't even in hand yet. So, stop getting worked up.
  14. #454  
    I talked with several people and the Pre wont be out until "June-ish." The phone isn't even in-hand yet.
  15. #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    Okay, confirmed with several people. It will be June-ish. The hardware isn't even in hand yet. So, stop getting worked up.
    It would make sense since they said first half of 2009.
    If they said first quarter, then you could believe Feb. 15 or March.
    Patience can be difficult but it will be worth it.
  16. #456  
    Even if it doesn't come out on the 15th, at least we have Barcelona to look forward to on the next day. We should get more info then...and hopefully some new videos to watch!
  17. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #457  
    I checked with several local Sprint dealers today on Pre availability. I also checked with a local Best Buy.

    Unless Sprint has some super fast track mechanism in place for the Pre, it a'int gonna happen on 2/15.

    Crazy season is wearing me out.

    Think I'll just take a rest from the forums for a while.

    Also Palm will have some reps here in Vegas on 2/21. Should be able to get something besides speculation from them.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  18. tprevett's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #458  
    In a nutshell, I sent an email to E-care regarding an upgrade to my daughters line, and I mentioned that I wanted to make sure I didn't screw up the upgrade on my line by upgrading her line because I was waiting for the Pre to be released. This is the response I got from the rep. Notice I never even asked about pre-ordering the pre. I am cutting and pasting, and will change my name as well as the reps name... I replyied and asked for more info on pre-ordering the pre...

    Please notice the line at the end of the email in bold...

    Dear xxxxxx xxxxxxx,

    Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am happy to assist you regarding the
    phone upgrade.

    We at Sprint offer great rebates for the existing customers depending
    upon the handset life on the account.

    Rebate directly depends on the active age of the current Sprint Phone on
    the account, not on the active age of the account with Sprint.

    Currently your phone of the line xxx-xxx-xxxx qualifies for all the
    rebates including $150.00 instant rebate. You can get any phone at the
    online price which is noted on our website. You can get the phone at the
    same cost, which is for the new line of activation.

    The Regular price of this phone is $399.99, which includes Web special
    -$250.00, Mail-in Rebate -$100.00. Therefore, you can get it for
    $49.99. However, you will have to apply for mail in rebate within 30
    days.

    Best Buy is our third party retailer. They have their own promotions.
    However, considering your long-standing valuable association with us, I
    have discussed the case with my supervisor and offer this phone for
    $19.00 (price match with BestBuy).

    For your convenience, I have ordered a pink Palm Centro from eCare. You
    will receive this phone within 3 to 5 business days.

    Please reply to this email, once you receive the phone. We will apply
    the necessary credit on your account including mail in rebate of
    $100.00. Therefore, you need note have to apply for mail in rebate.

    Once you activate this new Palm Centro phone, we will add Sprint Power
    Vision Pack at the same reduced rate of $10.00. Please reply to this
    email after the phone activation.

    Further, the phone upgrade of this line will not affect the upgrade
    eligibility of the line xxx-xxx-xxxx. This line is also eligible for
    $150.00 Instant Rebate. In this line also you can get any phone at the
    online price which is noted on our website

    The Palm Pre is scheduled to be available exclusively from Sprint in the
    first half of 2009. Pre-orders can be placed online now!


    Thank you again for contacting Sprint. Have a great day!

    Sincerely,
    Pxxxxxxx T.
    Customer Service Specialist
    Sprint
  19. #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    Okay, confirmed with several people. It will be June-ish. The hardware isn't even in hand yet. So, stop getting worked up.
    Definitely a more reasonable estimate. Like the original iPhone, it'll probably release on the 30th so that it just fits in with the announced "first half of 2009."
  20. #460  
    They didn't give you a link to preorder? Because I can't find it anywhere....

Posting Permissions