Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    looks like you need a hard reset!

i'm hoping to get a pre sooner than later, but i'm not stressing about it. if it doesn't come out until june, i'll live. i'll be in a fetal position, sucking my thumb, but i'll live.
    I totally hear ya on that!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    The last major releases from sprint have happened on Sunday. This includes the Instinct, the Diamond, the Original release date of the Treo Pro, Treo 800, and I believe the Touch Pro... Sunday is sprints release day... I've purchased numerous phones from sprint, heading to the sprint website at 11:59 on a Saturday to be one of the first to order at midnight when the phone goes live. I also remember when the Instinct was released they sent out an email for those who asked to be notified, which allowed them to go to a sprint store a day earlier (Saturday) to pick one up.

Sunday, February 15th is definitely a plausible release date (Based on the fact that it is on Sunday). Now I am not saying it is the release date, but it could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    looks like you need a hard reset!

i'm hoping to get a pre sooner than later, but i'm not stressing about it. if it doesn't come out until june, i'll live. i'll be in a fetal position, sucking my thumb, but i'll live.
    I totally agree w/ that one.... I am @ my edge, I need a phone now, but I am willing to w8 for the Pre, but I may be forced into a phone if, this crappy Q keeps giving me the blues......

Anyway, how about all these reps could be reading the info more information to be released on Feb. 15 major Sprint event
    schnoid I totally agree w/ you , but I do believe we are doing it to ourselves, and yes after a steller announcement like the one they made @ CES some supporting information should be coming from somewhere
    Feb. 15 may be the day for more information to be released... I'm just making a statement, nothing I heard
    Quote Originally Posted by jknorr View Post
    hey everyone! This is my first post, but i've been lurking around here (since i first heard about the pre) and other blogs/forums and talking to multiple CSR's at sprint. The first time i heard of this 2/15 date i've been talking to sprint almost daily, multiple times to see if i get the same info. OF COURSE "TRIPLE" CHECKING OF BOTH THE 2/15/2009 DATE AND THE NAME "PRE" NOT "TREO PRO"... Now about 3/4 of the reps say either mid-february or the 15th... The other ~1/4 says they don't know... some of the ones who confirm the date/month i gave links to the palm pre page on the palm website and also confrimed that it was INDEED the phone that they were talking about.... i'm still on the edge about the info but i'm keeping my hopes alive... there's the possiblity of it not releasing on 2/15 but that doesn't rule out 2/16 or 2/17.... maybe they're focusing on the GSMA on 2/16 ... who know's... definitely not me lmao!!
    It will eventually come out. Calling once is fine but calling daily or even multiple times/day is just making poor customer service take that much longer for those that need help.

I've worked on phones for multiple computer helpdesks and the thing we hate the most is customers who think they know more than us and call back a million times. Be a number, not a common name for them.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Ok I know how many people here have contacted sprint through e-chat or whatever the case may be and will all get a resposnse that the Pre is coming on the 15th. Well I contacted sprint 5 times recently with a different Idea just to see if they knew what they were talking about. So when I contacted them instead of asking when the Pre was coming out I asked when the PRO was coming out and ofcourse I go tthe answer that its coming on Feb 15th. Then When I asked about the Pre all 5 times I was told they had no information regarding the Pre release date yet however if I do ask for the release date of the Pre first they tell me the 15th. I think that employees see that they messed up and just don't want to clarify and looks stuped. Try it yourself and you will see. Ask first when the PRO is coming out and you will never get a release date for the Pre.

This is just my opinion so I guess I could be wrong, but just some facts I gathered.
    Last edited by dkotoric; 02/02/2009 at 08:50 AM.
    This doesn't prove that the Pre is not coming Feb 15th any more than the Sprint or Best Buy reps saying that it's coming the 15th proves that it is.

Your information is useful, it's just not proof. I think there is plenty of reason to be skeptical about the 15th, but the rumors from different sources do hold some weight.
    Contacting people who probably aren't being told secrets like when products that are essential to that company's success are being released multiple times in the day just makes Sprint CS that much worse.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Two weeks and we will see, wont we!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    This doesn't prove that the Pre is not coming Feb 15th any more than the Sprint or Best Buy reps saying that it's coming the 15th proves that it is.

Your information is useful, it's just not proof. I think there is plenty of reason to be skeptical about the 15th, but the rumors from different sources do hold some weight.
    What sources hold some weight, just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    What sources hold some weight, just curious.
    Well, let's tally up. We have people at various levels at Sprint (customer service reps, customer service managers, retention reps, other unnamed sources) saying the date for the Pre is Feb 15th. Note that these sources are saying Feb 15th, not multiple different dates around the 15th. We also have some customer service folks at Best Buy saying Feb 15th.

In addition to that, we have some Sprint CSRs confusing the Pre and the Treo Pro, some having no idea what the Pre is, and some saying they have no date for it. Note that although there are a lot of reports in these "not the 15th" categories, there don't appear to be many authoritative sources (unlike some of the "yes the 15th" category).

I will leave the numbers in each category as an exercise for the reader.

In my mind, there are several possible explanations to fit the data at hand:

1) Sprint, Palm, and now Best Buy are engaging in a duplicitous "viral" marketing campaign, sowing confusion by only releasing false information to some CSRs and no information to others. Their goal is to continue to generate buzz and drive their future customers crazy with anxiety.

2) Sprint, Palm, and now Best Buy are all in various states of releasing training information to their CSRs, some of which states that the Pre will be released on the 15th. This relatively massive undertaking is being done somewhat poorly, with the result that some people have the information and some do not.

3) Somebody highly placed in Sprint is making stuff up and telling a lot of people, to include some of their own CSRs. This false information is leaking out all over the place and being picked up by Best Buy.

4) same as number 1, but the information is true.

5) same as number 2, but the information is false. In other words, they started to release training information but have stopped because the date is no longer the 15th.

I suppose there are multiple other options too. An exhaustive list would be, well, exhausting. I have no idea what is going on in reality, but if it's number 1, it has been supremely well executed.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    It may not be definite proof, but it was an excellent idea to try out, certainly adding more evidence to the confusion with the Pro/Pre idea.

I believe in the March/April release. Certainly no superbowl ad helps. And Palm is definitely trying to reach more than just "us", so if this was a viral marketing campaign it's certainly not going to reach the vast majority of the new users and returnees that they want to win over. (Although I will admit that it's gotten me to tell several people about it, with one of them extremely interested in switching from the iphone.)
    Last edited by Gerorne; 02/02/2009 at 09:34 AM.
    or another option is all three companies are/were pressing forward with the release date anticipating an FCC approval that has been delayed.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    It may not be definite proof, but I was an excellent idea to try out, certainly adding more evidence to the confusion with the Pro/Pre idea.
    For the record, agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxgersonxx View Post
    Thank you lastdetail for supporting my post. I also think that a reputable company as best buy would not let their reps give false info, because it would be misleading and not a good biz practice. If the reps dont know crap then or if they would want to hide info from the customers then they would straight tell you they dont know or the info is not available at this time.

So here you go 2 reps confirmed the date
    You have too much faith in Best Buy. First line reps everywhere give out false information. It isnt because they are bad people, it is just because it is far easier to spit out a half remembered watercooler rumor then to make clear to the customer that no one knows anything yet.

Do you honestly think that the combo of automated chat software/outsourced agent in the middle of nowhere you all are talking to has info that no one else on the internet has been able to confirm?

The Pre is no different from any other unreleased phone. First we will see FCC documents with RF info and no pics then a few blurry leaked pics from device testers will appear. They will start showing up in traffic logs on websites, then some beta devices will leak out to the big rumor sites (BGR, Giz, Engadget) and we will see some good reviews with almost final hardware. Sometime after that SKUs will start showing up in retailers inventory systems and final devices will leak onto ebay at absurd prices. A week or two after that they will be released.

These are all time tested stages in the life cycle of an unreleased phone. The dubious word of a combination of automated chat software and outsourced rep means absolutely nothing.
    Several posts deleted. If you think a post breaks our rules (i.e. crossposting), please use the report post button instead of complaining about it inline.
    Pretty far from a proven fact.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Pretty far from a proven fact.
    Ok I guess I went overboard with proven fact but it really does make you thinkg I have contacted sprint maybe 10 times total. 5 out of those 10 I asked first when the pre was coming out and I got the 15th as the release date 4 times. When I asked first for the Pro and the Pre, I got 0 release dates for the pre. Makes you think doesn't it.
    Has anyone thought about calling Palm? I would think that they would be the ones to know not to mix up the Pre and the Pro. I called them twice to get a release date, and each rep knew exactally which phone I was talking about because they both directed me to the Pre's website on palm.com and told me how to sign up to be notified when it is released. I think Palm will be our best bet. But honestly, a Feb 15th release is looking slim to none now. With less than 2 weeks from that date and no solid information, I don't see how it will work. Although I guess you never know...Palm and Sprint could surprise us...