Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    The Bold didn't have a lot of promo before it's release but hey.....we shall see
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Hey, did anyone notice the Steelers beat the Cards 27-23?
    Wait...there was a game on tonight?? I was just watching for the Pre commercial that didn't show LOL jk it was a great 4th quarter. Congrats to the steelers but Arizona's defense shouldn't have waited 2 quarters to start playing like a championship team
    Really, wasn't that just something to fill the gaps between commercials?
    No Pre stuff, but Sprint tried to make its name known, their logo was the only one i saw besides NBC during the lombardi trophy simulation
    oops there's the dumb instunk and lotus commercial
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    It would be "Pri"marily "Pru"dent to "Pra"y that this isn't "Pry'd" from the announcer's lips.
    Nice job Joad.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    At least now I can go to bed. Back up in four hours!
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    What I am wondering about is that Sprint must be aware of all those rumors floating around the internet about this release date, and they choose not to say anything about it at all, so how are we supposed to take this? Is this a sign that their viral campaign is working like a champ? Is it really all just a confusion by just about every CS rep between the Pro and the Pre?

This is better than a movie plot or a book! LOL..the plot thickens!
    Talked with a Sprint Rep today and said that the Pre (not the Pro) was originally scheduled for Feb 16, but has recently been moved to a later date, with details more the coming week.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Talked with a Sprint Rep today and said that the Pre (not the Pro) was originally scheduled for Feb 16, but has recently been moved to a later date, with details more the coming week.
    Humm...interesting. I wonder if they did mean the Pro though, even though you say they meant the Pre. . .because wasn't the Pro pushed back?
    it's happening
    no it's not
    it's happening
    no it's not
    it's happening
    no it's not

(just sharing some of my thoughts)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    hey everyone! This is my first post, but i've been lurking around here (since i first heard about the pre) and other blogs/forums and talking to multiple CSR's at sprint. The first time i heard of this 2/15 date i've been talking to sprint almost daily, multiple times to see if i get the same info. OF COURSE "TRIPLE" CHECKING OF BOTH THE 2/15/2009 DATE AND THE NAME "PRE" NOT "TREO PRO"... Now about 3/4 of the reps say either mid-february or the 15th... The other ~1/4 says they don't know... some of the ones who confirm the date/month i gave links to the palm pre page on the palm website and also confrimed that it was INDEED the phone that they were talking about.... i'm still on the edge about the info but i'm keeping my hopes alive... there's the possiblity of it not releasing on 2/15 but that doesn't rule out 2/16 or 2/17.... maybe they're focusing on the GSMA on 2/16 ... who know's... definitely not me lmao!!
    wow ... sprint wasted a ton of money on commercials just now ... and they are laying off 8000 people .....

I get marking is important - But all the same commercials. nothing to even make an impact,. not impressive at all.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    I then asked the rep to clarify whether it was the Pre or the Treo Pro, and even pointed to a picture of the Pro that was in their Mobile ad. She then realized she meant the Pro and new nothing about the Pre.
    Exactly. Too many forum geeks underestimate sales reps' ability to distinguish such similar names. Trying to stress that the Pre isn't the Pro will just make them insist that they know, even when they don't, just to avoid further checking.

Bottom line: when asking, check for both not one. If they only have information on one, it's the Pro, not the Pre.
    So the phone that going to be the savior of both the Palm and Sprint corporations and is due to come out in under 2 weeks still isn't being advertised publicly? Do people still really believe 15 Feb is even a remote possibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    Bottom line: when asking, check for both not one. If they only have information on one, it's the Pro, not the Pre.
    Is that what you take from that? Because that tells me that it's a waste of everyone's time to even bother asking. The reps have no clue. Even the ones that are sure they do are either being told the information by higherups that are mistaken, or the reps themselves are confused with the Pro, or they're hearing the same rumors we are from the echo chamber.

It's really not worth your time to ask them yet. I know we're all excited for the Pre, I want it just as bad as anyone here, but seriously, why bother asking when nobody knows? I really just don't get that.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    it's happening
    no it's not
    it's happening
    no it's not
    it's happening
    no it's not

(just sharing some of my thoughts)
    looks like you need a hard reset!

i'm hoping to get a pre sooner than later, but i'm not stressing about it. if it doesn't come out until june, i'll live. i'll be in a fetal position, sucking my thumb, but i'll live.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    I have concluded that we can no longer go by what Customer Reps have to say anymore. The only new glimmers of hope are the ones that come from some type of inside sort that's higher up in the company, not just a CS rep that can't tell the Pro from the Pre.
    no way!

I was so focused on trying to spot the pre commercial that I missed the game!

BOO! for palm. lol!
    seriously a huge disappointment all around today. I have little to no hope now that Feb 15 is reasonable. Hopefully Palm will throw us a bone and give us a little more info to wet our appetite. Anything at this point for us hardcore supporters would be nice. Price? Release date? SDK? something! They got us excited, and I'm kinda losing my buzz about the phone. If they could at least open up the SDK (even in beta) to the rest of us, that would get us developers excited about it again.