Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    My source (sprint source not Palm) tells me that Palm pre will be sold only at the sprint official stores with "Ready Now" compatibility (not sure for how long but that is what I am told). Sprint will finish updating/training majority of its store with "Ready Now" where on launch day Sprint geeks (I dont know what they officially called or will be called ) will welcome people at stores nationwide (not sure if sprint is expecting lines like iphone but this is bit odd statement) and then sign up people for demo for Pre. There will live demo every hour on launch day with customers option to sign up for later date. Although I trust the source but can anybody else with contact in Sprint verify this.
    Thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate Dieter and all the work and writing and time spent on PreCentral and answering all our questions, but somehow I still feel like I'm unfulfilled. I know he's not holding back and he genuinely tried to find out everything he could, but Unfortunately most of the questions that Dieter has been able to answer were (at least up to this point) pretty much mentioned at one point or another. It's definitely good to have a list of questions for quick reference for people that keep asking the same things over and over though. I hope that Palm will keep us interested and engaged and share whatever info they can about the Pre as they finalize things. I think the WHEN question is key.
    I'd say (hopefully at least) within the next month or so the SDK will be made public, to try and build up some developer support for launch.

There's the FCC certification data which will come out at some point. And I'm sure closer to the release date we'll get some idea of the sync issues that everyone is obsessing about.

Other than that, how much more is there to tell really?
    release date? price? battery life? sync? 3D ability? Game development? microSD? video recording? audio recording? visual voicemail? SDK release? Compatible sprint service plan?

want me to add a few more questions I've been waiting for? :-P Most likely I'm sold already assuming the right price and being able to sync my outlook info, but that just makes me so much more excited about it.
    No MicroSD slot. At least that one is out of the way. =P
    Hope this isn't redundant. I didn't see a thread specific to the topic. Hoping for a place where folks can post what the know (or think they know) on when we'll see this released. When will select Sprint folks start carrying 'em, when will a larger beta group get Pre etc.

Any news? I'm really, really ready for this thing... as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by FONdude View Post
    Hope this isn't redundant. I didn't see a thread specific to the topic. Hoping for a place where folks can post what the know (or think they know) on when we'll see this released. When will select Sprint folks start carrying 'em, when will a larger beta group get Pre etc.

Any news? I'm really, really ready for this thing... as is.
    I believe that Palm does the selecting for Beta, not Sprint... and I don't think anyone knows anything right now. Unless of course beta has started and I am just an *****...
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I would kinda think it would have to be in beta if its going to come out when people think.... which is currently april.
    Last edited by jagowar; 01/18/2009 at 09:33 PM.
    Whatever the date is, it is going to take forever to get here
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post
    I would kinda think it would have to be in beta if its going to come out when people think.... which is currently april.
    April? I thought the best answer given by Palm was first half of the year.
    Any leaks for release date other than first 6 months of 2009?
    My son was online chatting with Sprint last night and they told him 1st Quarter of 2009...not that I believe that.
    Yeah, what's that about April? Where did you get that? Anyone else substantiate April? Up to now, I'd only heard 1H09. More specific...anyone?
    Again, this is only the guy at the sprint store, but he said that it would be mid March. Don't know where he gets his information, but they had had a recent visit by a palm representative.
    There's another thread talking about the same thing.

Release Date: rumors, speculation, FACTS?
    didn't yahoo tech target video say June?
    Nobody really knows a specific date or month. It's all speculation for now.

I'm not sure how concrete it is, but I think Palm reps confirmed or alluded to a release in the first half of 2009. Based on that, all these other sources are just choosing dates/months from that time frame.
    nothing concrete but my store told me mid to late March .
    From the 2nd thread

Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    nothing concrete but my store told me mid to late March .
    I take the first half of 2009 to be just that. At the end of that half. Or June.

I only hope its not delayed any later than that.
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast