Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    I hope it's feb 15 2011 bc that's when my tmo contract ends . Or I gotta find a cheap way to cancel the contract.
    just use the I am moving overseas or to an area with no service excuse, thats how my brother did it in june 08 and it worked
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Well I know for a fact that he doesn't know anything then. why don't you get a friend doing beta, and get back to us. Say in March or April
    You know for a fact? My friend works is marketing, and is a total nerd. He knows what he is talking about. I trust him. Of course, you guys shouldnīt trust me, as you or anybody else has no reason to trust me. But the same goes for you, and your ĻfactsĻ. As I said, I am still highly skeptical myself, but why not report on what we have heard? If it doesnīt come out in Feb, yes a lot of people are going to be let down, and be depressed, but I donīt think that should stop us from reporting actual information that is floating out there, true or not. The fact of the matter is, there are reports coming from various sources, (true or not), and that alone should merit a post, and not rude response because people claim to know more than other people. Do you agree?

Just trying to be friendly and relay what I have heard :-)
    Last edited by jgsawfawlnintoplace; 02/01/2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by xxgersonxx View Post
    [3:42 PM] Customer says: Jorge rodriguez, 214-556-2124, jrdoc@yahoo.com
    That is not my real name nor email or phone, I just made it out. (But thanks for looking out)
    That just happens to be my phone number you made up and my phone has been ringing off the hook since.

Just kidding. This certainly throws one more log on the fire for a 15th release date. Still, a sku# would be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgsawfawlnintoplace View Post
    Just trying to be friendly and relay what I have heard :-)
    I for one appreciate your efforts and that of everyone else who is attempting to contact Sprint and/or Palm to get information. We'll know for sure in two weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I stopped reading physical papers years ago. Can't stand the news print on my fingers and hate like hell picking a paper from the front lawn covered in morning dew even if it's in a plastice bag. But my wife loves the physical paper.

Good Luck
    Lol, your quote describes my wife and I perfectly in that situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Well I know for a fact that he doesn't know anything then. why don't you get a friend doing beta, and get back to us. Say in March or April
    I just wanted to add, Iīve worked in sales for nearly a decade. While it could be true that they will require the SE plan, I tend to doubt it, unless they are paying some really cheap price for everything (say, 20-30 dollars). In my experience, people who have contracts or sweet deals like this, in my experience, tend to cling to them until the very bitter end, particularly if you try to upgrade a client to a higher priced package that does just about the same thing as the package that they currently paying for. Yes, the sales reps, particularly if they make commision, will try their very best to sell the SE plan because it probably means a bigger paycheck for them, but if, like me, your paying 70 dollars a month for unlimited txt and data, and 450 min (which is all I need). Some will over sell. Some will lie. Point is, people who know what they are talking about are not going to be pushed around by some half-wit Sprint CSR or sales rep, who doesnīt even know really what he is selling. (for instance, my treo 700wx keeps randomly resetting, so I went into Sprint today to order a replacement, and the genius there saying that the Pre would not be coming out until August, and he was trying to sell me a new contract right there. He asked me what I needed in a phone, and I said a web browser comparable to Safari on the iphone and exchange integration. He then proceded to ask me what was wrong with Internet Explorer (SERIOUSLY), and that old phones like my treo 700wx donīt have exchange integration or push email. Only the new phones like the touch diamond and the new blackberries have push email. Needless to say, I left quickly after that). On the other hand, if the sales reps are good and actually trained, and there is some actual benefit to upgrading to an SE plan, then yet, it is possible. But Sprintīs reps, most of the time, do not know what they are talking about.

Further, I have a feeling Sprintīs sales force will have a hard time convincing people who are privy to this phone (and tech in general) that the 99 dollar package is required. The types, like myself, tend to research their buying decisions extremely well (for example, the people lurking on this forum). When Sprint capped its data cards at 5gb, I heard stories from my aforementioned friend that this was causing extreme headaches within the company, even if it the company did not visibly show it. Basically, they lost a boatload of customers (including myself). Maybe I am just wrong, but it seems there are some extremely tech savvy customers at sprint. People like us tend to to know exactly what they want and they arenīt going to let some badly trained sales rep push them around with their phony talking points. It may happen, but it is going to be a hard sell for customers like myself.

On the other hand, for the average joe who is jealous of his friend because he has an Iphone, and he canīt get a coolphone because he is on sprint, if this phone is as good as it looks, the pre with the SE plan will be the easiest sale possible.

Of course, all that said, if they do require the SE plan, I would probably bite the bullet and just get it anyway because I am tired of this treo 700wx.
    Last edited by jgsawfawlnintoplace; 02/01/2009 at 03:42 PM.
    OOOPS. I have the feeling that the p-number I posted is real but who knows (hopefully the owner of this # dont get bugged with marketing sales).

Just imagine having to change your phone number because an id""" made it up in treocentral and now you get bugged 24/7 LOL
    Just imagine having to change your phone number because an id""" made it up in treocentral and now you get bugged 24/7 LOL
    Always make the number ###-555-#### and you'll never need to worry about that.
    You know folks who have the phone humber XXX-867-5309 still get phones call to this day. 30-40 a day still.

One of the only ones left in the United States in NJ is up for bid .

http://cgi.ebay.com/867-5309-phone-n...3%3A1|294%3A50
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    That's crazy. Why spend $3 million on a commercial that has aired before?
    Because 100 million people will see it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    grrr, i just saw a Sprint Instinct commercial. That was a total downer. Doesn't look promising to see a Pre commercial. Who knows...
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Well, I'm never one to sit by and take the forums word for anything so I decided to chat with Best Buy myself to verify the claims. It was a little painful trying to get info. I might try again later but I'm not optimistic. The only edits I made were to sanitize my info and to do a find/replace on the rep's name. Here's my log.

[4:52 PM] Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app05.logmeinrescue.com...
    [4:52 PM] Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    [4:53 PM] Chat session established with <Best Buy Rep>.

[4:53 PM] Customer says: Hi <Best Buy Rep>!
    [4:53 PM] <Best Buy Rep> says: ( This session maybe monitored for quality purpose Hello..! thank you for contacting Best Buy Mobile, My name is <Best Buy Rep>, Before we start can I get your name, phone number, and e-mail address So I can deliver a better level of customer service?
    [4:53 PM] Customer says: Loogie, 410-xxx-xxxx, xxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com
    [4:53 PM] <Best Buy Rep> says: Thanks.!..now tell me how can I help you today..!?
    [4:54 PM] Customer says: Well, I was trying to find out about pre-order information about the Palm Pre (not the Palm Treo Pro). Sprint told me that Best Buy would be the exclusive distributor but I didn't see it in your catalog.
    [4:55 PM] <Best Buy Rep> says: let me see if I can locate that phone in my system..ok?
    [4:56 PM] Customer says: Thanks!
    [5:00 PM] <Best Buy Rep> says: it is this one that you looking for? Palm Treo 755p Blue

Full Featured Email and Calendar Supports Corporate And Personal Accounts
    View and Edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Read PDFs
    Over-the-air Synchronization For Your Email, Calendar and Contacts
    [5:01 PM] Customer says: No, it's a new phone from Palm announced the the CES. It's called the Pre - it's not a Treo at all. Palm Pre.
    [5:01 PM] Customer says: I spoke to Sprint - it will be exclusive on their network but they told me to call Best Buy for pre-order info.
    [5:01 PM] <Best Buy Rep> says: ok..let me see inthe Sprint list that we have...ok?
    [5:02 PM] Customer says: I hasn't been released yet, that's why I was looking for pre-order info.
    [5:02 PM] <Best Buy Rep> says: Ok.when did you make your pre-order?
    [5:03 PM] Customer says: I trying to find out abot pre-ordering it now.
    [5:04 PM] <Best Buy Rep> says: do you want me I check your account and preorder?
    [5:04 PM] Customer says: If you can find info on the phone - the date that it will be available, I would be happy to pre-order it from you.
    [5:05 PM] <Best Buy Rep> says: Ok just give me couple minutes.
    [5:05 PM] Customer says: Thank you
    [5:05 PM] <Best Buy Rep> says: ok
    [5:10 PM] <Best Buy Rep> says: ok. Mark ..let me ask you something...
    [5:10 PM] Customer says: yyyeeesss
    [5:10 PM] <Best Buy Rep> says: did you make that preorder at the best buy local store?
    [5:11 PM] Customer says: I haven't pre-ordered it yet. I WANT to pre-order it if I can find out some availability info.
    [5:11 PM] <Best Buy Rep> says: Ok.
    [5:12 PM] <Best Buy Rep> says: let me tell you at this time I can't find any information about that phone in my system
    [5:12 PM] Customer says: ok, thanks for your time!
    [5:12 PM] <Best Buy Rep> says: Your welcome and thanks for choosing Bestbuymobile, If you have any other question, please contact us again, or call 1-888 bestbuy. have a great evening. and have nice week.end.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Maybe it makes sense that they are trying hard to push the Instinct while they can, because it will get overshadowed by the Pre.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    maybe they are just saying they are going to have the roadie commercial when it's really going to be a pre commercial...here's hoping
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    maybe they are just saying they are going to have the roadie commercial when it's really going to be a pre commercial...here's hoping
    thats wut im hoping
    I just saw another Sprint commercial... this time it was for the Blackberry curve. That gives me a little hope that they're building up towards their soon to be best phone.
    You can go back in and edit the phone number to read all 5's
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I just saw another Sprint commercial... this time it was for the Blackberry curve. That gives me a little hope that they're building up towards their soon to be best phone.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    NachoB,

Great job on this.

The announcer reading the script for the sponsorship might think the "Pre' is a typo and say Palm "Pro" instead.
    It would be "Pri"marily "Pru"dent to "Pra"y that this isn't "Pry'd" from the announcer's lips.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.