Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    I dont think she got confused because the pro is already posted and available for order in their website. Unless she didnt know her stuff, but I doubt because she took some time to reply to my questions. Anyways who knows
    I have to agree with Kupe. Only forum geeks know the difference between the Pre and the Treo Pro. Tell anyone else the Pre and they'll hear the Pro that shows up in their inventory.

The only foolproof way to prevent them from making this mistake is to ask them for release dates for both the Pre and the Pro, and get the sku#'s for them.
    Has the FCC approved the Pre for sale in the US?
    I just spoke with someone over at best buy and made sure they knew which phone I was talking about:

[3:13 PM] Alicia says: What can I help you with today?
    [3:14 PM] Customer says: Hi Alicia. I was wondering when the Palm Pre (not treo pro) will be released through best buy. I heard that best buy was going to be the exclusive carrier of this phone.
    [3:14 PM] Alicia says: It should be around Feb.15
    [3:15 PM] Customer says: Do you know what the price will be
    [3:15 PM] Customer says: ?
    [3:15 PM] Alicia says: No we do not have that information yet
    [3:15 PM] Customer says: Oh alright, well thats great news about the 15th! Thanks for your time
    [3:16 PM] Alicia says: Do you have any other questions that I could answer for you?
    [3:16 PM] Customer says: No, that should do it.
    [3:16 PM] Alicia says: Thank you for contacting Best Buy Mobile where this will always be someone there for you for the life of your phone, and we always give impartial, informed advice. If you have any other questions please call us at 1-888-BestBuy or you could always revisit our website.
    I just read on Ain't it cool news that NBC will be streaming the commercials as they are available. Though I see no mention of it on that site.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
    No Pre commercial for Sprint during the Super Bowl. Looks like they're only doing a pregame commercial that's coming out of existing inventory.

http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/1000830.html
    According to Advertising Age, Sprint has purchased a 30 second spot during the 2nd quarter. However, they have it listed as a commercial to promote Nextel Direct connect. I guess we'll see.

http://adage.com/superbowl09/article?article_id=133081
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    According to Advertising Age, Sprint has purchased a 30 second spot during the 2nd quarter. However, they have it listed as a commercial to promote Nextel Direct connect. I guess we'll see.

That fits in pretty well with the previous statements that the commercial would be out of 'existing inventory' because the Roadies commercial that site mentions is an old one.
    Thank you lastdetail for supporting my post. I also think that a reputable company as best buy would not let their reps give false info, because it would be misleading and not a good biz practice. If the reps dont know crap then or if they would want to hide info from the customers then they would straight tell you they dont know or the info is not available at this time.

So here you go 2 reps confirmed the date
    I just realized that we both spoke to an 'Alicia'. They must only have one person running the mobile chat or something!
    My local paper does have a mobile edition. Works OK but could use a better way to navigate around the site..
    BTW: I also stop reading hard copy of books.
    Good Luck
    We should all get together and start chatting with the reps online and see how many say the same thing. I'll bet you that if we all do it and sprint and Best Buy know that their reps are leaking this info. then best buy will turn around and unconfirm what their reps are telling us.
    lastdetail,

All of the online chatting reps appear with the same name. Its as for example Gamefly; all their reps are named john and so on with other companies.

In contrast, other companies as sprint employ their true names as:

Hi, my name is sally johnie, how can I assist you.

Notice that in bb, he or she did not state their first and last name as other companies do.

Good joke nonetheless
    Last edited by xxgersonxx; 02/01/2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: None
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Let's suppose they don't have a commercial spot. What about all those times during the game they announce, with logos, who the sponsors are. Sprint/Palm could very well get some buzz going without commercials using these numerous sponsor spots, and then follow up with commercials throughout the two weeks following the Super Bowl before it's actual release on 2/15.

I can hear the announcers saying it now: This broadcast of the NFL is brought to you by Sprint and the new Palm Pre. Thinking ahead is a beautiful thing. Only on the Now network.

you forgot to add the 2/15 available date. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    If 2/15 is true, then this might be the first handset released before FCC approval is posted.

Seems unlikely.
    iphone?
    ok guys we are only 3 hours away from the 2quearter where sprint has purchased some commercial time
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post

That's crazy. Why spend $3 million on a commercial that has aired before?
    Notice that this time the rep says: "As far as we know right now the phone would be available on the 15th" as WE, mmmmm. Can we say the rumor is not a rumor anymore? 3 resps confirmed, 1 saying WE (all bb reps)

I made up the name and phone so just you know

[3:42 PM] Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app05.logmeinrescue.com...
    [3:42 PM] Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    [3:42 PM] Chat session established with Alicia.

[3:42 PM] Alicia says: This session is being recorded for quality assurance and monitoring purposes. Hello. Thank you for contacting Best Buy Mobile. Where we offer Straightforward Pricing and a better choice of phones and networks. How may I help you?
    [3:42 PM] Alicia says: For record purposes may I please get your name, phone number and e-mail address?
    [3:42 PM] Customer says: Jorge rodriguez, 214-556-2124, jrdoc@yahoo.com
    [3:43 PM] Alicia says: What can I help you with today?
    [3:44 PM] Customer says: Hello, I was just wondering when are you guys going to have available the palm pre (not the palm pro) sprint told me that around the 15th but are you guys going to have it available in stores on the same date? or sooner?
    [3:45 PM] Alicia says: AROUND THE SAME DATE
    [3:46 PM] Customer says: cool, do you may have like an sku # for the product available? and do you know the price for best buy? Are you guys going to stablish sprint contracts in best buy or you guys are only going to sell the product with no contract?
    [3:47 PM] Alicia says: We do not have any other information on the pre
    [3:48 PM] Customer says: Ok, so you can confirm that its goint to be available on the 15th, just to make sure and check your stores on that date
    [3:48 PM] Alicia says: As far as we know right now the phone would be available on the 15th
    [3:49 PM] Customer says: Do you have a page as for reference of the product? I couldnt find anything in the bestbuy.com
    [3:49 PM] Alicia says: We do not have it on our website right now
    [3:50 PM] Customer says: OK, well Thank you very much for your help and time. I'll make sure Ill wake up early on the 15th to avoid the lines : )
    [3:50 PM] Alicia says: Do you have any other questions that I could answer for you?
    [3:50 PM] Customer says: That would be all today. Thank you very much and have a great day!!
    [3:50 PM] Alicia says: Thank you for contacting Best Buy Mobile where this will always be someone there for you for the life of your phone, and we always give impartial, informed advice. If you have any other questions please call us at 1-888-BestBuy or you could always revisit our website.
    To the person right above me, you might want to edit out your phone number and especially your email address to prevent spambots from getting it.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Since Alicia is the only BB rep that anyone seems to have corresponded with, the only conclusion that can be made is that Alicia thinks it will be released on the 15th.
    That is not my real name nor email or phone, I just made it out. (But thanks for looking out)

Yeah, Alicia must be a super busy girl (or freak) with 1000 hands and super artificial intelligence with the capability to respond to all chat sessions in the world all at the same time