Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Sprint had the ads for the Centro with all the little people. And I think it was played during the superbowl but I could be wrong on that.
    Was that during the 2008 Superbowl or 2007? If it was during 2008, then I am not surprised that I missed the commercial, because:

1. I was not interested in the Centro at all at the time.
    2. I was sitting at the local Hooters while "watching" the Super Bowl
    3. I was too excited after half time, since I just won a new LCD TV at Hooters

Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    hate to everyone down talked to some very good sources AT sprint in KC....it is NOT coming at all on 2/15 so quit putting up all these silly blogs and this source and that source worse case if nobody wants to believe that 2/15 will come and go and phone will not be here for QUIET some time...
    Nothing that you have said has any more credibility than the stories of the significant number who have been told 15th Feb. We'll all find out on 15th.

PS Can you please edit the message so that it makes sense.
    I feel bad for my two friends, each of which just switched to Sprint and got a Touch Diamond just a few months ago...one of them actually just switched in December. I showed them some of the Pre videos and I can tell they are interested, but they are doing a good job "liking" their Diamond. It's kinda fun to watch them poke around with their stylus when sending text messages. I have the original Touch and I never use the Stylus except for a reset. They both use the same philosophy that I always had in defending their new WinMo device....that you can customize it. Well, I did, extensively, they don't! LOL. I really do feel bad for them.
    There are no unethical salespeople just unethical sales directives.

I hate my job so much.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    If 2/15 is true, then this might be the first handset released before FCC approval is posted.

Seems unlikely.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Palm and Sprint are being smart about the release of the Pre. They want to make sure it's ready. If that means if they need more time they can have it without the worries of being backlashed for not bringing out it on time. Something that Blackberry and Apple did with their products and then had to deal with the bugs and the criticism that followed (Blackberry more so than Apple). Like some have said, if there is an advertisement for the Pre at the Super Bowl, it will come out soon (within a month, if not the 15th).
    Sprint got the airtime, but is probably waiting to hear from Palm to see if the Pre is ready. If so, they will air it. If not, they will air the "existing inventory" spot. Both of these companies have a lot riding on this phone, so I'm sure they are going to make sure it is ready before throwing out into the jungle.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I originally thought that there could be no way for the Pre to get a spot, since Palm simply has no money to blow on this. Then someone pointed out that Sprint and the NFL have a huge deal...so it is possible. We will know soon!
    While I too am hopeful for a 2/15 release date, I'm equally doubtful it will occur. For one, the 15th is a Sunday. That being said, the 15th would be good because it would allow for two weeks of real world reviews before my $75 rebate kicks in on 3/1.
    Let's suppose they don't have a commercial spot. What about all those times during the game they announce, with logos, who the sponsors are. Sprint/Palm could very well get some buzz going without commercials using these numerous sponsor spots, and then follow up with commercials throughout the two weeks following the Super Bowl before it's actual release on 2/15.

I can hear the announcers saying it now: This broadcast of the NFL is brought to you by Sprint and the new Palm Pre. Thinking ahead is a beautiful thing. Only on the Now network.

Last edited by NachoB; 02/01/2009 at 11:51 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  11. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    While I too am hopeful for a 2/15 release date, I'm equally doubtful it will occur. For one, the 15th is a Sunday. That being said, the 15th would be good because it would allow for two weeks of real world reviews before my $75 rebate kicks in on 3/1.
    The fact that it's a Sunday should not be surprising--someone said Sprint's normal release dates are on Sundays, and it ties in with the ability to put ads in the Sunday paper, whether Sprint fliers or something in Best Buy's ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    The fact that it's a Sunday should not be surprising--someone said Sprint's normal release dates are on Sundays, and it ties in with the ability to put ads in the Sunday paper, whether Sprint fliers or something in Best Buy's ad.
    People still read papers? Good info re: Sprint release dates - I was unaware of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SedahDrol View Post
    Don't people get paid to go around and spread hype in forums about products. It wouldn't surprise me if many of these Pre is coming out on 2/15 are just that...
    It's called Viral Marketing, and I think this will end up being seen as a masterpiece of the technique.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgsawfawlnintoplace View Post
    Edit: I just wanted to add. I did ask him about if they will require the SE plan for this, and he flatly told me no.
    Well I know for a fact that he doesn't know anything then. why don't you get a friend doing beta, and get back to us. Say in March or April
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    People still read papers?
    I stopped reading physical papers years ago. Can't stand the news print on my fingers and hate like hell picking a paper from the front lawn covered in morning dew even if it's in a plastice bag. But my wife loves the physical paper.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    NachoB,

Great job on this.

The announcer reading the script for the sponsorship might think the "Pre' is a typo and say Palm "Pro" instead.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Hello,

3 reps confirmed as of now

Important:To all who read this post, please try to chat with a best buy rep (if time premits you) and see if they also confirm and please post the conversation so we can see its real. I will update in how may reps confirm.

I was just chatting with someone in best buy hoping I could get some insight regarding the pre and this is actually what I got. It seems that the rumors are correct. I also tried the same thing with sprint but the rep told me that they dont have any info yet but she adviced me to check very soon in order to get advantage of my upgrade pricings etc. Anyways here is the complete conversation with Best Buy Mobile:

[1:15 PM] Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app12.logmeinrescue.com...
    [1:15 PM] Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    [1:15 PM] Chat session established with Alicia.

[1:15 PM] Alicia says: This session is being recorded for quality assurance and monitoring purposes. Hello. Thank you for contacting Best Buy Mobile. Where we offer Straightforward Pricing and a better choice of phones and networks. How may I help you?
    [1:15 PM] Alicia says: For record purposes may I please get your name, phone number and e-mail address?
    [1:15 PM] Customer says: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    [1:16 PM] Alicia says: What can I help you with today?
    [1:18 PM] Customer says: Hello, I was actually looking to buy the palm pre, but noticed that you guys dont have it posted in the website. Do you now approximatelly when should I look back. I talk to a manager in sprint and he gave me the info that bestbuy mobile was a partner for the pre.
    [1:21 PM] Alicia says: I believe that it should be available around Feb. 15, 2009
    [1:22 PM] Customer says: do you know the price without the contract? and are you guys going to offer it with a sprint contract?
    [1:22 PM] Alicia says: We do not know any pricing yet
    [1:23 PM] Customer says: Got it, so you think by the 15th I should take a look at the site, or do you recommend me to look around the 20th or so?
    [1:24 PM] Alicia says: I would check around the 15th and if it is not there we should know a better date of when it is going to be released
    [1:24 PM] Customer says: And do you think you guys are going to go out of stock? are you guys going to offer it in store as well as online right?
    [1:25 PM] Alicia says: Yes the pre would be online and in store
    [1:26 PM] Customer says: If I order online on the 15th how long will the shipping would take and would I have to activate it myself, or will you guys activate it for me with sprint if theres a such option?
    [1:27 PM] Alicia says: that depends on if it is backordered
    [1:28 PM] Customer says: so if is not, you guys will be able to activate it. Are you guys going to offer the same mail in rebates and contract discounts?
    [1:30 PM] Alicia says: bestbuy does not have mail in rebates we have straightforward pricing
    [1:31 PM] Customer says: got it. Ok well I will be the first to take a look on the 15th very early morning to avoid any backorders : ) Thank you very much for all your help
    Alicia says: Do you have any other questions that I could answer for you?
    [1:34 PM] Customer says: That would be all, I was just curious as to when as was going to be able to grab one of this phones, With all the excitement of the public I dont doubt that this phone is going to be out of stock on the first day of its release
    [1:34 PM] Alicia says: Thank you for contacting Best Buy Mobile where this will always be someone there for you for the life of your phone, and we always give impartial, informed advice. If you have any other questions please call us at 1-888-BestBuy or you could always revisit our website.
    [1:34 PM] Customer says: Thanks

She was very sure that the date was on the 15th and I dont think a rep would lie.
    Last edited by xxgersonxx; 02/01/2009 at 03:44 PM.
    It's just another CSR "confirming" the date. I will be happy if that's the date, but to be honest...This isn't a confirmation from Best Buy.

I would consider a flyer leak, an image of those inventory info, or some BB exec speaking out to be a better confirmation.

Same goes for Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxgersonxx View Post
    She was very sure that the date was on the 15th and I dont think a rep would lie.
    She thought you were saying "Pro."
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I stopped reading physical papers years ago. Can't stand the news print on my fingers and hate like hell picking a paper from the front lawn covered in morning dew even if it's in a plastice bag. But my wife loves the physical paper.

Good Luck
    Same here, have not read a hard copy in years. In the morning after the alarm before I even get out of bed I read the news from CNN, my local paper, wish they had a mobile edition, and the local CBS station. All on my phone