Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    I kinda think we will know within the next 24 hours. I'm looking forward to watching the Super Bowl hopeful for a Pre commercial! If 2/15 is true, surely the marketing push starts tomorrow.
    At first I was thinking could Palm really afford a million dollar commercial spot right now...Then I Though, this would a Sprint commercial announcing the Palm Pre, so it is possible especially with their close ties with the NFL.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Or they (Sprint & Palm) can go half & half.
    hate to everyone down talked to some very good sources AT sprint in KC....it is NOT coming at all on 2/15 so quit putting up all these silly blogs and this source and that source worse case if nobody wants to believe that 2/15 will come and go and phone will not be here for QUIET some time...
    ^^^
    This is no way to make friends here.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    I'm starting to get hopeful. Its gonna be a long two weeks.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    haha i KNOW im NOT trying to make enemies either but its like seriously its getting like out of hand how people believe this....I want it more than anyone else here...but its like saying 2010 is coming next month...ITS IMPOSSIBLE and its NOT happening lol
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    what makes your think your sources are more reliable than the ones reported?
    if it doesnt come out on 2/15 we will see if this guy with ony 2 posts remains on the boards
    cause lets FORGET all sources for a moment...its KIND OF STUPID to launch a phone in 2 weeks and NOBODY had heard anything got any training and they have done ZERO advertising for it...its not going to happen...they WANT stuff like this to surface cause its FREE buzz nothing more...fake balloon lol
    its silly to launch the pro pre the same date...its good in a way but silly in many more ways...people would have so much confusion specially those who buy something just for looks and have NO CLUE what they are buying....your killing one product over the other...its just BAD marketing and as BAD as both companies need the business, its shooting themselves in the foot..

As bad as I want it yesterday even with bugs its UNREALISTIC
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    its silly to launch the pro pre the same date...its good in a way but silly in many more ways...people would have so much confusion specially those who buy something just for looks and have NO CLUE what they are buying....your killing one product over the other...its just BAD marketing and as BAD as both companies need the business, its shooting themselves in the foot..

As bad as I want it yesterday even with bugs its UNREALISTIC
    Um the Pro launch date has been pushed back to the end of february according to the rumormill.

BTW if you went to a sprint store to get info, pehaps they didn't get any training cuz their employees all belong to the 8000 that sprint is letting go. IOW they are closing that store. Don't get me wrong I too am skeptical that the phones will be released on 2/15, but I've been known to be wrong before and it's bound to happen again more sooner than later. It has already been reported that training for the Pre has started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    if it doesnt come out on 2/15 we will see if this guy with ony 2 posts remains on the boards
    Don't people get paid to go around and spread hype in forums about products. It wouldn't surprise me if many of these Pre is coming out on 2/15 are just that...
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    hate to everyone down talked to some very good sources AT sprint in KC....it is NOT coming at all on 2/15 so quit putting up all these silly blogs and this source and that source worse case if nobody wants to believe that 2/15 will come and go and phone will not be here for QUIET some time...
    I wasn´t going to post anything at all, but I saw that everybody else was getting similar reports on this forums and on ¨silly blogs¨. Honestly, I rather have speculation if there is rumors floating around rather than nothing at all. After all, what would tech blogs like Engadget, Treocentral, or other sites write about, if they cant report what´s going on in the tech world, rumors or otherwise? Yes, it is speculation, why that´s why we come to these sites in the first place. I honestly believe that most of the people on here reporting are actually hearing this stuff and just excited about it. We all could be getting duped, but it doesn´t strike me as the kind all out false rumor blitz that we get from the Apple side.

That said, I am still skeptical myself, even though a good friend has told me 2/15. We will see. It certainly seems slightly more plausible given the amount of rumors coming from different places.
    I don't get paid to hype products, just sharing what I was told from a Sprint Customer Service Manager.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by jgsawfawlnintoplace View Post
    Honestly, I rather have speculation if there is rumors floating around rather than nothing at all. After all, what would tech blogs like Engadget, Treocentral, or other sites write about, if they cant report what´s going on in the tech world, rumors or otherwise? Yes, it is speculation, why that´s why we come to these sites in the first place. I honestly believe that most of the people on here reporting are actually hearing this stuff and just excited about it. We all could be getting duped, but it doesn´t strike me as the kind all out false rumor blitz that we get from the Apple side.
    I agree. Even if it doesn't release on 2/15 we'll all come back to this site to rant about it I myself enjoy reading all of these speculations - it gives hope. And in these times for most of us, hope is the last remaining good thing. If it's released, great! If not - let's hope for another date we can start counting down to
    jgsawfawlnintoplace - welcome to the forums! I just joined here as well as I noticed it gets more updates than others floating around. Thanks for the info!
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    jgsawfawlnintoplace - welcome to the forums! I just joined here as well as I noticed it gets more updates than others floating around. Thanks for the info!
    Yeah, I have been a lurker here for years and years since I have owned many palm and windows mobile phones, but I finally had something useful to contribute, well, I hope
    I just signed up too after seeing the Pre being announced! Glad I found this forum, has been very informative and entertaining so far!
    In a way it doesn't matter to me since I am already out of contract, so whenever it comes, I am ready for it. Nothing worse than being around 7 months away from being out of contract...that must really be painful having to wait that long or longer, unless you're willing to throw that discount away Sprint will throw at you eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    In a way it doesn't matter to me since I am already out of contract, so whenever it comes, I am ready for it. Nothing worse than being around 7 months away from being out of contract...that must really be painful having to wait that long or longer, unless you're willing to throw that discount away Sprint will throw at you eventually.
    I am extremely lucky. My contract is running out at the end of Feb, so I am getting all the rebates and 150 upgrade at exactly the right time, regardless of whether it ships 2/15 or later.