Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord II View Post
    But is that not really what the Pre is all about, a break from the past. And it seems taking the best from the Palm and Apple business models. Perhaps the former Apple employees suggested a different way.

That would be a change for them.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Leet Mongoose View Post
    lets not forget that the Daytona 500 is only a week away also. which we know sprint has it claws in extensivly. and that date is the 500 but the famous 2/15 ., might not be as special as the super bowl but people are going to watch that.
    Wrong demgraphics
    If we dont see something tomorrow during the game than it is safe to say 2/15 is out.

Right???
    I don't know, super bowl commercials are really expensive, so they still might not do a commercial based on the business. I don't think the lack of a commercial means anything.
    they could easily say coming soon.

you have to remember a lot of the messaging is to not to consumers but to markets
    What about the commercials on the jumbo tron so we may not see a commercial but instead a stream of info on the jumbo tron and the other display monitors.... or even a big arse banner
    We all trippin on the the phone... granted the fire is hot, and the majority of us are ready for the release, truth be told, all smartphones have bugs and updates are pertinent, but that is just reality, we all buy PC's and know that we will soon be staring @ the yellow shield in the system tray....

And 2/15 is not the only date I have heard, I also heard 2/18 LOL.... I have never seen any TV advertisement for any Sprint phones except the Instinct, all the information I get is normally from the Net and the Sprint store
    That's true...the only ads I have ever seen for any Sprint phone was the Instinct. They never marketed the Sprint Touch or Mogul or any other "hero" phone. Weird!

Well tomorrow is the Superbowl...lets see if they spend some marketing dollars, if they did, and I see a Pre commercial, I'll be jumping up and down for joy! lol
    I know I have no credibility here, and my source has no credibility here, but I just talked with somebody I know on the business side of things at Sprint, a guy who knows his stuff. He confirmed the Feb 15 release date for the Pre (not the pro). He said mid feb (specifically the 15th). I asked him, of course, if it he meant the pro and not the pre, and he said, specifically, the palm pre with the WebOS. Keep in mind, he is not a CSR or somebody who works at the retail level, though he isnt any bigwig or anything. All I can say is that he works on the business side of things.

This is a guy I have known for nearly a decade, and trust, so itīs not like he would lie to me. I know the readers of this forum have no reason to trust me as I just signed up, and rightly so, but I am just passing on what I know. We will see if these rumors are true on the 15th. I thought I would relay this information to all who are eagerly awaiting a decent phone from Sprint, like myself. I am really excited about this thing, so I really hope this is true. I really think this will be good for the whole mobile industry when this comes out, because it will give consumers another choice, forcing Companies like Apple and Google to step up their game with Android.

Edit: I just wanted to add. I did ask him about if they will require the SE plan for this, and he flatly told me no. He did, however, say that, of course, the sales people would try to push it, as it is there job. That said, I am sure there is always the unethical salesperson out there who will oversell it and makes claims such as the Pre requiring the SE plan. This is what he told me. We will see.
    Last edited by jgsawfawlnintoplace; 01/31/2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: more info.
    Well if it is February launch time, what better time than to post an ad in the first day of Feb on the big game everyone will be watching. I am hopeful that they will be posting an ad for everyone to watch.
    I posted this in another thread, I also got told "mid-February":

I just called Sprint spoke to a manager in customer support and asked when the Palm Pre would be available. The manager said mid-February. I said are you sure that's the Pre and not the Treo Pro and he said, no it's the Pre that was announced at CES, the Treo Pro will be available at the end of February.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    We all trippin on the the phone... granted the fire is hot, and the majority of us are ready for the release, truth be told, all smartphones have bugs and updates are pertinent, but that is just reality, we all buy PC's and know that we will soon be staring @ the yellow shield in the system tray....

And 2/15 is not the only date I have heard, I also heard 2/18 LOL.... I have never seen any TV advertisement for any Sprint phones except the Instinct, all the information I get is normally from the Net and the Sprint store
    We trippin, we trippin. We be talkin too.
    Personally I think one of two things. Palm/Sprint is letting this out to build anticipation OR they really do want to release it on the 15th and are trying there hardest to do so. Not saying they will but thats there goal possibly.

Should be an interesting 2 weeks until the 15th.
    Doesn't anyone on this forum work at Sprint? How come a leak of the training materials hasn't been leaked in the usual "blurry cam" form?
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    we all buy PC's and know that we will soon be staring @ the yellow shield in the system tray....
    I use Ubuntu. =P
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    That's true...the only ads I have ever seen for any Sprint phone was the Instinct. They never marketed the Sprint Touch or Mogul or any other "hero" phone. Weird!

Well tomorrow is the Superbowl...lets see if they spend some marketing dollars, if they did, and I see a Pre commercial, I'll be jumping up and down for joy! lol
    Sprint had the ads for the Centro with all the little people. And I think it was played during the superbowl but I could be wrong on that.
    So we can assume that this will be a "quiet launch" not ONE dime of advertising and 15 days left...

I Hope for Palms sake that this phone is a winner. Blackberry really blew it on the Storm.. but hit it out of the park with the advertisements. Supposedly sold a million Phones (most people on crackberry are on Phone #3 to 7!!! due to the "trouble bubble" click screen.) They are probably counting all the replacements too
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I kinda think we will know within the next 24 hours. I'm looking forward to watching the Super Bowl hopeful for a Pre commercial! If 2/15 is true, surely the marketing push starts tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    So we can assume that this will be a "quiet launch" not ONE dime of advertising and 15 days left...

I Hope for Palms sake that this phone is a winner. Blackberry really blew it on the Storm.. but hit it out of the park with the advertisements. Supposedly sold a million Phones (most people on crackberry are on Phone #3 to 7!!! due to the "trouble bubble" click screen.) They are probably counting all the replacements too
    I do think it is strange that they havenīt advertised it yet, given the fact that both Palm and Sprint are in trouble, looking for this phone to jolt both companies. If they truly are going for mid 15 as my friend and everybody else seems to be rumoring, they need to start with the ads pronto. Maybe, as described in other threads, tomorrow will be the day for the first of some ads.

Also, to play devilīs advocate to my own source and all these rumors, doesnt a phone have to go through some sort of FCC validation process, and if so, has it yet? I read somewhere that the phone hasnīt been approved or something, but maybe I am wrong.
    There is a topic around in regards to the FCC process. Someone there mentioned that a company can request for the FCC info to not be made public until a certain date/time frame/after launch of device.

So...Palm probably did just that.