Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    So a few sources including mine are speculating that palm wants to release the phone 2/15. Everyone has their skepticism, including me. There has to be some info surfacing this week in order for me to fully believe the 2/15 date. Everyone is assuming there is going to be some type of big superbowl commercial to kickoff the countdown to the palm pre.

So all superbowl talk here:

I know a few posters posted some info, but is there anyway to find if palm or sprint bought any airtime?
    and with the superbowl just a day away, we wont have to wait to long
    I really would be surprised if they did regardless of the release date. Very expensive. Based on their history of TV spots, that would mark a dramatic change in they promotional approach.
    Good Luck
    But you never know.
    I just called Sprint spoke to a manager in customer support and asked when the Palm Pre would be available. The manager said mid-February. I said are you sure that's the Pre and not the Treo Pro and he said, no it's the Pre that was announced at CES, the Treo Pro will be available at the end of February.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    In Jimmie Geddes I trust!
    It just seems too soon to be released without any official announcements. Palm went from being almost dead to the come back kid when they showed off the Pre, 2 weeks just seems too soon. Would they really release the Pre and the Treo Pro so close to one another?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I don't know...Sprint is pretty bad about official announcements with most of their phones. The Treo 800w just showed up on 7/13 without an announcement even though we all knew it was coming. I find it harder to believe because of the short period of time since CES.
    A super Bowl commercial with the whole world watching could be huge for them!
    I hear you, and I agree it's too soon after CES. It's just kind of weird that all these Sprint people keep saying February 15th (and the manager I spoke to completely knew the difference between the Pre and the Pro). Leave it to Palm to have 2 devices with only 1 letter differentiating them to confuse customer service reps
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    i fully expect to see a pre commerical it won't be directly from Palm. With Sprint being a NFL partner they already have the air time plus it would be cheaper and they can make a greater push...
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Yep...hard to ignore the sources of this information. I agree with those who say that Palm should only release it if it is ready, but at the same time, I think they need to get it out sooner than later to capitalize on the good vibes from CES.
    They should give a little air time to the Treo Pro as well since that is the current top dog. IMO
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Sprint does have a commercial spot towards the end of the game, don't know if there will be anymore.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    No Pre commercial for Sprint during the Super Bowl. Looks like they're only doing a pregame commercial that's coming out of existing inventory.

http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/1000830.html
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Based on their history of TV spots, that would mark a dramatic change in they promotional approach.
    But is that not really what the Pre is all about, a break from the past. And it seems taking the best from the Palm and Apple business models. Perhaps the former Apple employees suggested a different way.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
    No Pre commercial for Sprint during the Super Bowl. Looks like they're only doing a pregame commercial that's coming out of existing inventory.

http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/1000830.html
    And what does "existing inventory" mean? I don't really believe in the 2/15 date just yet, but does "existing memory" mean aired? Or could it be "commercial we've already recorded".
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    I tried asking Sprint CS through two channels, phone and chat, about the Palm Pre and the Treo Pro. I deliberately asked them for release dates on both products to prevent them from defaulting to substituting one for the other. If they had given me the answers, I would have followed up by asking them the sku# of each model. Neither rep had any information about the Pre.

For anyone getting a 2/15 release date for the Pre, please ask the rep the sku for the Palm Pre and the Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    And what does "existing inventory" mean? I don't really believe in the 2/15 date just yet, but does "existing memory" mean aired? Or could it be "commercial we've already recorded".
    From the article:
    Sprint Nextel won’t be appearing during the game, but it has purchased some less expensive pregame spots.

Sprint spokesman David Mellin said the commercials will come “out of existing inventory,” which means “it’s safe to assume they’ll feature (CEO) Dan Hesse.”
    No mention of Palm.
    I don't think there will be a Super Bowl ad either, but to play devil's advocate for a second, not all of the ads were sold yet as of the time of that article's publication a week ago.
    lets not forget that the Daytona 500 is only a week away also. which we know sprint has it claws in extensivly. and that date is the 500 but the famous 2/15 ., might not be as special as the super bowl but people are going to watch that.