1.    #1  
    Courtesy of Jenn from Pocketables.net (http://www.pocketables.net/2009/01/inside-the-palm.html)

* Capacitive touchscreen
    * No memory card expansion because Palm "provided all the storage you need" with 8GB
    * Larger capacity models could be released in the future
    * WebKit-based browser with no Flash support
    * 1200mAh battery; no battery life figures being announced yet
    * No soft keyboard for when device is in landscape mode
    * All apps auto save
    * Apps do not need to be manually closed; just flick "card" up/off the screen
    * Web browsing over WiFi can continue when using the phone
    * Keyboard is narrow; the demonstrator had trouble typing on it
    * Not sure if keyboard is backlit
    * Palm is very proud of the removable battery and standard headphone jack (they mentioned it several times)
    * Forgot to ask about backwards compatibility with Palm OS
    * Phone shape reminds me of Motorola Pebble
    * UI is very slick, though comparisons to the iPhone are tough to shake
    * More impressed with software than hardware
    * Should've asked about the rationale behind the Pre name
    If its 1200mAh that'd definitely explain why they're not announcing it yet. That being said, as they mentioned during the presentation, the processor was built from the ground up for smartphones so it MIGHT (hopefully) have a deceivingly long battery life.

Also disappointed in no memory card, but we knew that was the case already.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Im good with 8 Gb of storage... I believe that i heard somewhere on a video that the battery life on the device is relatively longer than other palm phones...don't quote me on that maybe i misheard on the video.
    the real disappointment to me is the virtual keyboard for landscape mode...i would sure love to see that come into play...but i believe that they did this to stay away from being recognized as another wannabe-iphone device
    -intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Oh ohhh, only 1200? My 755P has 1600. I hope Palm has improved on battery power management.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Keyboard is fully backlit, I saw it myself. It's a whitish-blue. The space bar is NOT backlit ala the 680/750/755/Centro and some (not many but a few like @) have been remapped. Overall I'd say the keyboard looks to be better than the Centro and Treo Pro but not as good as the classic 700-series Treos and maybe a notch below the 680/750/755 board.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Awesome news indeed to hear the backlit keyboard. Sounds like a nice color as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    the real disappointment to me is the virtual keyboard for landscape mode...i would sure love to see that come into play...but i believe that they did this to stay away from being recognized as another wannabe-iphone device
    -intro.
    I'm totally ok with this since it's just a matter of time before someone whips out a virtual keyboard app for this phone. Remember it's a lot harder to type on a virtual keyboard in portrait mode due to lack of space.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    good point deesugar, overall i believe palm just repeated the history that they are known for.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    What history is that?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.