1.    #1  
    Any idea if the new WebOS will support it? Thanks
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    not confirmed yet.

I think it will support Asia languages.but maybe later. for Sprint, it's needn't.
    i think Palm really needs to support this!!!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Palm does. I was in china last month and it did support mail and sms in chinese language..
    Quote Originally Posted by steiale View Post
    Palm does. I was in china last month and it did support mail and sms in chinese language..
    Through homebrew. That support wasn't official.

The Pre does support Unicode though, my Chinese song names, emails all show up correctly and webpages are displayed fine. Only problem is can't input and if there are Chinese file names it kills the music player. Also the default font was horrendous and some characters look out of place, solved that by replacing the font on the device.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Had no homebrew chinese support installed.
    Yes, support for displaying Chinese characters is included in webOS. For input, you can use an IME app or web site, then copy and paste into email, etc. Or you can install jefferycn's input method, Justinput (Just feel my simple life… » JustInput), which allows you to double-tap on the gesture area to pull up a Chinese (or Japanese) IME.
    There is an online Pinyin Input Method you can copy/paste to your documents. It has four input methods including 廣東(Cantonese), 拼音(Mandarin Pinyin), 倉結(Changji), and 速成(quick Radical). No download necessary, just go online and type your Chinese characters. pinyinput.com/