Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Can we use the Scoop like kb to dish up Ice Cream?
    I wonder if there is the potential for the keyboard scoop to collect dust since there are little edges around the keyboard. I know that when shoved in ones pocket it'll be closed, but I'm sure pocket lint will find it's way in there.

I can't believe that's it's smaller then my Centro! I can't wait to get my hands on this baby.

From what you've read and "seen' is it your impression that the screen is a little curved too?
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    I wonder if there is the potential for the keyboard scoop to collect dust since there are little edges around the keyboard. I know that when shoved in ones pocket it'll be closed, but I'm sure pocket lint will find it's way in there.

I can't believe that's it's smaller then my Centro! I can't wait to get my hands on this baby.

From what you've read and "seen' is it your impression that the screen is a little curved too?
    Yea, it looks that way.
    Just an ever so slight bulge.
    (would the word convex be correct?)
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yea, it looks that way.
    Just an ever so slight bulge.
    (would the word convex be correct?)
    It seems Convex is the correct usage or at least close. So that means I'll be able to spin it like a top like I do with my BB 8320 in it's acrylic case. I just hope it's a glass screen so it doesn't get scratched too easily.
    Did I miss the part 2?
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
  5.    #165  
    I would guess Dieter is still playing catch-up.
    I'm sure we won't have any trouble finding it.
    Either way, I will post a link to it here when he publishes it.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Interestingly the first link is Sprint's website, then Palm.com.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    I really hope dieter gets answers to a lot of these questions, but I have a bad feeling that palm will leave a lot to the imagination until release time gets closer. I feel hopeful for this device, but I really hope they release it in the next month or two and don't wait for another half year.
    Congrats with the Plat. Post Berd ( I think thats a Platinum color Treo )
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Congrats with the Plat. Post Berd ( I think thats a Platinum color Treo )
    Yea, I'm Basking in the Glory!
    Just call me Berd.
    Good job with the Posting of the questions and the PDF, I hope Dieter being late to posting his answers means he is answering all of them Or trying his best to answer all of them.
    Google Search for Palm Pre
    Interestingly the first link is Sprint's website, then Palm.com.
    Actually Sprint is #4 on the list while Palm is at #1, Gizmodo and Engadget fall between them. (TreoCentral is at #23. ) The link at the top of the page is a paid ad for Sprint - not a search result.

Martin
    My PalmOS History (all phones w/Sprint)
    Palm again...
    Treo 755p - Palm Pre (pregistered) or Treo Pro
    PalmOne
    Treo 650
    Handspring...
    Treo 300
    Samsung...
    SPH-i300
    Sony...
    Clie PEG-N710C
    Palm...
    PalmPilot Professional - Palm IIIx - Palm Vx
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
    Actually Sprint is #4 on the list while Palm is at #1, Gizmodo and Engadget fall between them. The link at the top of the page is a paid ad for Sprint - not a search result.

Martin
    The average user, doesn't know this and they look the same. Either way, it's a win win for Sprint & Palm.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Hoof -- been crazy busy. Hopefully will have it up with a nice surprise by morning!
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by DieterBohn View Post
    Hoof -- been crazy busy. Hopefully will have it up with a nice surprise by morning!
    I love surprises!
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight, it's like waiting for Santa...
    _

-
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'd bet no, their version of shortcuts is the new "Wave" thing now.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the wave launch bar "buttons" are simply to replace the physical quick launch buttons that we've always had on Treos. I would imagine they can be customized, much like they can be on the Treos. I don't think that is what ksom was talking about though, they were talking about the shortcuts... Do they call them speed dial?... I don't have my Centro handy. I would be shocked (with all of the other user friendly features included) if they didn't retain the shortcut features, allowing you to assign any contact or app to each key on the qwerty keyboard. It would make absolutely no sense for them to eliminate that feature, since they do have the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcojoe View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the wave launch bar "buttons" are simply to replace the physical quick launch buttons that we've always had on Treos. I would imagine they can be customized, much like they can be on the Treos. I don't think that is what ksom was talking about though, they were talking about the shortcuts... Do they call them speed dial?... I don't have my Centro handy. I would be shocked (with all of the other user friendly features included) if they didn't retain the shortcut features, allowing you to assign any contact or app to each key on the qwerty keyboard. It would make absolutely no sense for them to eliminate that feature, since they do have the keyboard.
    Hopefully Rob or his team from HobbyistSoftware is already working on a solution. Hint, Hint, Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink.
    _

-
    My title wasn't meant to compare the Pre with the Pro, from a hardware standpoint. I've seen people question the choice of Pre as the name of the new phone, and I think that question has been answered... How the phone seems to be ready for your next request before you even make it, due to it being so connected to the web. I compare it to the Sports Tap app on my iPhone. Sure, it will auto refresh game scores every 30 seconds, as long as I keep it open exclusively (not doing anything else on the phone). With the Pre (if I fully understand it), you would only need to go to a website that auto-refreshes the game scores, then just keep that page as a bookmark. Then the bookmarks are live cards, meaning they are always connected, so you would have the current scores in the moment that you open it again. No waiting. It was "Pre" loaded for you, hence the name.

Sorry, I got wordier there than I intended. My original thought was that I understand the reason for the name.... and that... The only thing I found odd about it was that they have the Pro also, and that one might be confused about which one is which. Nobody on TC would, but I mean for the casual shopper. I'm sure when the advertising campaign starts for the Pre, those concerns will be alleviated.
    Hopefully Rob or his team from HobbyistSoftware is already working on a solution. Hint, Hint, Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink.
    Maybe I was unclear about what I meant to say...

I don't think there's any reason to assume that there is any problem that requires a solution. The wave thing is to give us the 4 main app shortcuts, and possibly their 4 secondary shortcuts (I didn't go back and count how many icons were in the wave).

There is no reason to think that they didn't also include the speed dial shortcuts. They'd be crazy not to. And I don't see very much craziness in the design/features of the phone so far, one possible exception being the lack of a memory card slot.
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    A lot of the "must-haves" on here seem to be based more on the short-coming of the aging Palm OS than anything to do with a modern mobile OS.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast