Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Can you download from the web? I think we can since we can on the Treo but I like to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Do we have any demensions of the sucker?
    TIA
    Yes.

From http://www.palm.com/us/products/phon...ndex.html#tab2

Dimensions
    Width: 59.5mm (2.3 inches)
    Height: 100.5mm (3.9 inches)
    Thickness: 16.95mm (0.67 inches)

Weight
    135 grams (4.76 ounces)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yes.

From http://www.palm.com/us/products/phon...ndex.html#tab2

Dimensions
    Width: 59.5mm (2.3 inches)
    Height: 100.5mm (3.9 inches)
    Thickness: 16.95mm (0.67 inches)

Weight
    135 grams (4.76 ounces)
    Tks
    We need more info on the features of the calendar. As a longtime datebk user I can't see going back to the primitive Palm calendar. We need

icons
    links from appointments to contacts
    group invitations
    floating/auto-advancing appointments
    more than 16 categories
    templates
    lots more

Please tell us what there will be.
    Oh - forgot - multiple categories/icons per appointment (e.g. a business lunch should be marked as work and as food)
    Video Out?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Video Out?
    Yes - I'd love to hook up like they did in the CES presentation, especially driving a pair of video glasses!
    The diagram of the chipset shows its video-out capable, but I'd like to know if this is possible too. Especially since the only port available is Mini-USB.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    The diagram of the chipset shows its video-out capable, but I'd like to know if this is possible too. Especially since the only port available is Mini-USB.
    FYI.. microUSB, not mini.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    What about shortcuts? Since it has hard keys, it would be great if we can still hold any one of them and pull up an app or call someone. That'll also be something iPhone cannot add with a firmware upgrade.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    What about shortcuts? Since it has hard keys, it would be great if we can still hold any one of them and pull up an app or call someone. That'll also be something iPhone cannot add with a firmware upgrade.
    I'd bet no, their version of shortcuts is the new "Wave" thing now.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    1) Does this have some sort of visual voicemail app?
    2) Does the facebook app allow you to chat, similar to the one on the iphone?
    3) How does lock/unlocking the phone work? Is there a slide to unlock feature already on the phone or would that have to come later in an app?
    Quote Originally Posted by bruneti View Post
    1. Can you explain in more detail the wireless charging using Touchstone? Namely, how the compatible battery cover gets the voltage to the battery's contacts. (Or does the battery have a 2nd set of contacts?)
    2. Since the Pre's battery is rumored to be nearly identical to the Centro's, is the Touchstone charging executed in a way that would allow Palm to release a "Touchstone-Compatible" battery cover for the Centro, 800W, or Treo Pro? That capability could draw more attention to the rest of their lineup.
    It uses inductive charging, just like a lot of cordless toothbrushes or shavers, so there are no battery contacts. Exactly how this works, I don't know. I like to just think that it is magic, but I'm sure you can Wiki or Google it if that answer doesn't satisfy you! Question #2 is interesting. I didn't include it in the quote because I have an answer for it, but just to say that is an interesting question... I would think that the charging system is on the charger side, rather than on the phone side, so you might think it would be feasible for them to adapt it to the Centro. Then again, how much money are they going to spend to develop new accessories for old models? If it is easily adaptable, then maybe.
  14.    #154  
    I'm not sure how many of these latest questions got in on time for Dieter's Part 2, but I will go ahead and update Post #1.
    Just call me Berd.
    Are the status symbols at the top of the screen part of the 320x480 space, or in addition to it?

***Never mind. I took another look at a better photo, and they're clearly part of the main screen.***
    Last edited by samkim; 01/12/2009 at 01:28 AM.
    How global is the search function? We saw it look at contacts and programs, then reach out to the web. Can we presume it will look at data in the memo application, too? Are there hooks to include data associated with 3rd party applications in the search?

Does it look at all data, or just header/metadata? We know we can search by contact name. Can I do reverse phone lookups too? If I type in an word buried in a note, will it find that note, or does it only look at the note's title?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I abbreviated it in question # 25
    Awesome job posting the questions! Dieter must be happy There are some really good questions, I can't wait to see the answers, !
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm not sure how many of these latest questions got in on time for Dieter's Part 2, but I will go ahead and update Post #1.
    Where will we find Part 2? On T/C home page?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Great job on getting it all together Berd. Now...you know it....one more question... J/k hehe. Can't wait to see the answer's Dieter will provide.
    My main two concerns (as a Palm Treo user):
    1.- Backward compatibility
    2.- Battery life

I think the Pre is a very good effort!
    CHARCAPE
    HP200LX (6 years, excellent) - Treo 180 - Tungsten E - Treo 680
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast