Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Its been said that you can use it one handed, thats why they wanted something small, so it feels good in your hand when typing one handed.
    1. Can you please detail how alerts work? Will we get a persistent alert for missed calls, SMS, etc.?

2. How about ringtones? Can you use any song for a ringtone?

3. How about a pic of the screen that comes up when you turn on the phone..will it display appointments, etc. and can it be customized?
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    How one handed is this phone? Everybody demonstrating it seemed to be using two hands and I'm not sure if that was for stability and filming vs the phone not being something that could be operated completed and totaly one handed. Can all of the swooshes, zooms, etc be done one handed?
    On the massive hands-on video the Palm VP mentioned it was designed with one-handed use in mind.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    That's an absurd rumor. Palm would not be stupid enough to release a GSM Pre that didn't support 3G because no one would be stupid enough to buy it.
    They could get away with it for the Centro because people who wanted PalmOS and GSM really didn't have a choice (and GSM 3G in the US really didn't exist until recently).
    I think the reason people are saying its EDGE only is probably because the first GSM version of the Pre that will be released will have the European bands, which means that in the US, it might be EDGE only.
    Berd, I have a question for Dieter...

Seems so basic and obvious I can't believe no one has asked this, but given that Mojo is based on HTML5/CSS/JavaScript, how are developers supposed to protect their code and intellectual property?

There are hacky workarounds to this such as obfuscation and encryption, but are usually defeatable. I assume there is something in place, but without it, developers will avoid WebOS like the plague unless they want to give it away.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Did you get to hear the sound/call qualty?
    Do you know what processor, graphics and audio chip they use?
    Quote Originally Posted by gruswitz View Post
    Did you get to hear the sound/call qualty?
    Do you know what processor, graphics and audio chip they use?
    It uses the OMAP 3430 chipset which contains a Cortex A8 CPU.

Basically everything but the radio is included on the chipset, from what I understand:

Now I'm sure some of these features might be disabled or impossible for programmers to use, but still.
    Hey all - will write up responses to all your questions on the plane for posting on sunday night or monday morning
    The launch screen that comes up with a slide up jesture shows 12 icons. How many of those screens would be allowed?

For example max of 5 screens, for 60 items?
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    So where are the replies from Dieter?
    He just posted saying Sunday or Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    Like S. Clause est gibt kein Deiter.
    B B
    Gunter glieben glauchen globen
    Just call me Berd.
    Heya, I know it might be late, but I'm just curious....SOUND QUALITY! Mostly like to use the speakerphone to play music and podcasts. If its good like the 755P I'm happy speaker, I'm happy Ohhh and with sounds on mine, does it make audible alerts when alerts happen? On the keynote, it doesn't seem to do that. If your not watching the screen (like when your sleeping), you might miss something.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Is there a flashing LED for alerts without having to turn on the display? Or alert tones/vibration? Visual voicemail?
    Are the GPS maps stored on the Pre or downloaded when needed?
    Is there a voice dialing option? I love the google voice search on the iPhone. That would be incredible with the Pre system wide search.
    Last edited by gruswitz; 01/10/2009 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruswitz View Post
    Is there a flashing LED for alerts without having to turn on the display? Or alert tones/vibration? Visual voicemail?
    Are the GPS maps stored on the Pre or downloaded when needed?
    Is there a voice dialing option? I love the google voice search on the iPhone. That would be incredible with the Pre system wide search.
    I wonder if the Pre has that 'screensaver' feature of the 800w. It'd make sense at least. The screen should go black, maybe show the carrier info bar at the top and any notifications at the bottom. Either that or the lights in the gesture area should light up. I don't know for sure that it does this, but I can't imagine Palm wouldn't after they did similar things on the 800w and Treo Pro.
    What is going on with the screen? sig-strength, battery chg info etc should be on screen, yet appears to be on the case. what's up....
    Quote Originally Posted by renn View Post
    What is going on with the screen? sig-strength, battery chg info etc should be on screen, yet appears to be on the case. what's up....
    That's part of their design. Its actually a black bar at the top of the screen but the rounded edge of the carrier info is deceiving and makes it look like its built into the case.
    Hiya! Another question in mind. If your in the web browser and not in a text input field, when you start typing will the text go straight to the URL/search bar? That be very handy
    1. Can you explain in more detail the wireless charging using Touchstone? Namely, how the compatible battery cover gets the voltage to the battery's contacts. (Or does the battery have a 2nd set of contacts?)
    2. Since the Pre's battery is rumored to be nearly identical to the Centro's, is the Touchstone charging executed in a way that would allow Palm to release a "Touchstone-Compatible" battery cover for the Centro, 800W, or Treo Pro? That capability could draw more attention to the rest of their lineup.
    3. Is there a screen lock feature w/ gesture to unlock? If so, did Palm incorporate the ability to always display time & date information like the Treo Pro screen lock?
    4. Are there any alerts displayed anywhere when the screen is off? (led's or other method to indicate missed calls/voicemails/emails/etc.)
    5. Any indication from Palm of future plans for corporate email and calendar compatibility w/ Lotus Notes? 3rd party?
    Palm Pilot Professional --> TRGPro --> Treo 650 --> Centro (AT&T) + 4 Pixis on Sprint Family Plan
    I get that the calendar card aggregates data from multiple calendars. In the CES presentation, the demonstrator also added an entry directly on the Pre. What is the process for ensuring that synchs back up to the correct cloud calendar?
    Another question, when you are in the email app and you rotate in landscape, will the message go landscape as well? I like to read email widescreen
    Do we have any demensions of the sucker?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast