Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Not to be confrontational, and certainly is seems likely that there is no memory expansion, but the link above was by someone who did not handle the phone personally, and only quoted an unnamed source (on the back of his press pass no less).
    That's why I'm leaving it up for Dieter to answer.

See Question #2
    Just call me Berd.
  2.    #82  
    If you feel a certain question in post #1 needs clarification, just post here, and I will add it in.
    (Like I did with Question #2)
    Just call me Berd.
    Some of the demo units look shiny front and back while others have what looks to be a shiny front and a dull rubberized surface on the back. (See the Massive hands-on video for an example of each.) Shiny looks nice and high tech until you use it then it gets smeared with fingerprints and scarred with fine scratches. A rubberized finish is much more durable in the real world and makes the phone feel secure when using it single handed. Will the production version have a shiny back or be rubberized like my Treo 755p?

Martin
    Last edited by mhconley; 01/09/2009 at 04:24 PM.
    My PalmOS History (all phones w/Sprint)
    Palm again...
    Treo 755p - Palm Pre (pregistered) or Treo Pro
    PalmOne
    Treo 650
    Handspring...
    Treo 300
    Samsung...
    SPH-i300
    Sony...
    Clie PEG-N710C
    Palm...
    PalmPilot Professional - Palm IIIx - Palm Vx
    Quote Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
    Some of the demo units look shiny front and back while others have what looks to be a shiny front and a dull rubberized surface on the back. (See the Massive hands-on video for an example of each.) Shiny looks nice and high tech until you use it then it gets smeared with fingerprints and scarred with fine scratches. A rubberized finish is much more durable in the real world and makes the phone feel secure when using it single handed. Will the production version have a shiny back or be rubberized like my Treo 755p?

Martin
    i dont know what it is... but i have a good guess. It can be the difference from the touchstone cover of the back to the original one that comes in the box. The touchston requires the Pre to get a new rear battery cover, which could be the reason you see a difference
    Ask about the rumors of the Pre costing $399 With Contract and GSM/UMTS unlocked, rumored to be $500-550

http://www.mobileburn.com/rumors.jsp?Id=6017
  6. SPA
    Is there a beam feature?
    I meant to post this post in this thread but did it in another.

Hope this helps...

Here are some answers to some of the questions from a NewsWeek article.

"Under the hood is a speedy new microprocessor from Texas Instruments that runs videos quickly and smoothly, with less of the herky-jerkiness that mobile devices are known for. The phone has 8 gigabytes of storage, which is decent but not great; it can run Adobe Flash, and can cut, copy and paste, which iPhone can't; it supports multimedia messaging service (MMS) so you can send text messages with photos attached, which iPhone can't do; it has a 3 megapixel camera and a flash, which iPhone lacks. There's a button that lets you buy music from Amazon's download store. Then there's the multitasking. Want to talk on the speakerphone while browsing the Web and entering stuff in your calendar? No problem. Palm expects people will keep 15 to 20 applications open at the same time."

Heres the link:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/178536

Same article as posted in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=175328
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    How about, I know its a 3.5" headphone jack, but does it support standard iPhone headsets? As in a stereo headset with the microphone attached using a 4-contact (3-black rings on the connector) plug such as this:

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/hf2.aspx
    Assuming that there are units being used by people as 'their' phone, what is a ballpark figure for data useage per day/month for the phone when used in this web-centric way.

#34 is in #28

#37 besides Europe - what about more general worldwide release plans.
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Assuming that there are units being used by people as 'their' phone, what is a ballpark figure for data useage per day/month for the phone when used in this web-centric way.
    You've got to be looking at 400mb or more a month - remember even a search on the device will hit the web to check google, amazon, wikipedia etc..
    How does one open the battery door? Is it similar to the Centro?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    You've got to be looking at 400mb or more a month - remember even a search on the device will hit the web to check google, amazon, wikipedia etc..
    If I'm interpreting the still shots of the demo correctly, it looks like the prprpr&#$275$; $presents$ $you$ $with$ $the$ option to easily search the web for a word/phrase if it doesn't find it locally. It looked like, after not finding "Blue Man Group" on the device, the OS offered up a menu of places to search for it on the web. I don't think it will automatically connect and start spidering sites.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Office support?
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    Office support?
    Just call me Berd.
  15.    #95  
    There's been a little talk back and forth.

So is this how the question could be asked;

"Can the Pre do Voice and Data at the same time without using Wifi or Voip?"
    Just call me Berd.
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post

#34 is in #28

#37 besides Europe - what about more general worldwide release plans.
    Moved #34 up with #28

Put data usage est question in place of #34

and added your 'besides Europe' with #37

Let me know if it looks good.

Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    There's been a little talk back and forth.

So is this how the question could be asked;

"Can the Pre do Voice and Data at the same time without using Wifi or Voip?"
    I can answer that right now that no its impossible. EVDO, even Rev A, simply does not support simultaneous voice and data. The planned EVDV which never came to fruition did, but Sprint didn't use that.
    I just started another thread to get people's reflections and observations here (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=175413) , but lemme rephrase it as a question for Palm:

From videos, application start-up time seems to be in the neighborhood of 4 seconds. Will that duration be targeted for reduction in the optimization efforts ahead?
    Quote Originally Posted by SPA View Post
    Is there a beam feature?
    Will bluetooth replace beaming? Perhaps it doesn't even make sense to link phones directly now that they are all web enabled anyway.
    Any early developers on the scene? For example will we see a new "DateBook" released?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast