Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Didnt see any ?'s about copy/cut/paste. How is that handled if it is supported?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  2.    #62  
    Was that asked #15?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Didnt see any ?'s about copy/cut/paste. How is that handled if it is supported?
    It seems to be supported. Dieter mention that he saw that they allow copy/paste but didn't say how it is done.
    Hmmm, maybe to help Dieter out, we should go back and answer what we know so that way he won't to go through a huge list of questions. The question of expandable memory we already know there isn't one.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Hmmm, maybe to help Dieter out, we should go back and answer what we know so that way he won't to go through a huge list of questions. The question of expandable memory we already know there isn't one.
    I'm Sure Dieter would really appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Hi all -

I've been going a mile a minute since the keynote started, haven't stopped for breath and don't intend to until, well, until later .

- Dieter
    I noticed you've been helping, Thanks!

I guess if you felt up to it, you could copy post #1 and then put the answer below each question.
    And then we could consolidate it into a FAQ.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    The question of expandable memory we already know there isn't one.

How do you know? Has there been a definitive statement by someone who had access to a Pre?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    How do you know? Has there been a definitive statement by someone who had access to a Pre?
    That is a very good point.

The last thing we would want to do, is misinform.
    That just causes all kinds of havoc and frustration for the readers.

We've seen a little bit of that over in the 800 forums.

It discourages me when ones give answers and statements based off of hearsay as if it's been confirmed.

So if one is to answer any of these questions for Dieter, I would hope they could back them up with reliable sources.
    Just call me Berd.
  8.    #68  
    I guess if LupeValenz or anyone wanted to consolidate the questions and put answers under them, we could still ask Dieter to confirm the answer with a quick "Confirmed" or "Correct".

And if the answer given is incorrect, he could just correct it.

Even that would lighten his load some.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    What is the difference between the two USB ports?
    Does it have voice recog? IOW can I voice to text or voice to dial?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Yes, there's been a few but here's one I know offhand:

"# No memory card expansion because Palm "provided all the storage you need" with 8GB"

http://www.pocketables.net/2009/01/i...palm.html#more
    Two questions:
    1. Do they need device beta testers?
    2. If so, how can I become one?
    does anyone know if the palm desktop data (contacts etc) will be cleanly importable ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    does anyone know if the palm desktop data (contacts etc) will be cleanly importable ??
    I haven't used Palm Desktop in a while. That being said, I assume there's some way to export to .csv which is very easily importable by Google for its contacts, so at the very least you'll be able to do that.

I'm sure there will probably be a more direct method as well.
  15.    #75  
    Updated Post #1
    Left off at Post #74.
    So if I missed a question please post it again, and I'll pick up from here.
    Just call me Berd.
    I don't quite understand how contacts/calendar/email work. It seems like contacts or information about contacts, calendar and email don't exist on the Pre and are instead always being pulled/pushed to Google/Yahoo Mail/Calendar. My question and concern is what happens when you don't have a signal? i.e you're on a plane but want to pull up a contact or you want to look at your calendar, will it be vanished until you can connect to the Internet???

And if there is a stored database of contacts/calendar/email what are the options for this stored database? Can you sync to another device? Can you create backups?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I don't quite understand how contacts/calendar work. It seems like contacts or information about contacts and calendar don't exist on the Pre and are instead always being pulled/pushed to Google/Yahoo Mail/Calendar. My question and concern is what happens when you don't have a signal? i.e you're on a plane but want to pull up a contact or you want to look at your calendar, will it be vanished until you can connect to the Internet???
    Its stored locally but always syncing, I believe.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    What about iTunes integration?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yes, there's been a few but here's one I know offhand:

"# No memory card expansion because Palm "provided all the storage you need" with 8GB"

http://www.pocketables.net/2009/01/i...palm.html#more
    Not to be confrontational, and certainly is seems likely that there is no memory expansion, but the link above was by someone who did not handle the phone personally, and only quoted an unnamed source (on the back of his press pass no less).
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Its stored locally but always syncing, I believe.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by RizP View Post

Offline:
    Data is cached on the device, so you can keep on doing what you're doing on an airplane or in the boonies. The device will refresh when you go back online. Again, automatically. Hot-Sync is GONE."

Regards
    Riz
    Just call me Berd.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast