Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 314
  1. #41  
    Afraid there isn't a MicroSD card slot. They do have a MicroUSB to make your Pre a mass stoarge device.
  2. #42  
    Is there going to be a Pre emulator such as was done with earlier Palm OS. That way people could try out the new OS and maybe try creating some apps for the new system. If not haw about a Demo?
  3. #43  
    Will the one button "press and hold" feature to launch calls from the keyboard in POS carry over.

    That was one of themost useful things ever - 30 memory keys was so nice.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  4. #44  
    Will the GPS on the GSM international version have the same limited GPS abilities that the Sprint/CDMA version seems to have? That of being tied into the service providers coverage area and network. Bottom line, will the GSM version have standalone GPS abilities?
    Last edited by Sanjay; 01/09/2009 at 12:13 PM.
  5. #45  
    Where is the reset button?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  6. #46  
    Does the phone support video camera recording and will the final release product have a native Video recording program? Why no WMA support in the native audio player. What about audio/internet radio streaming, will that be supported?
  7. #47  
    Since, apparently there is no external memory slot, also since there seems to be no pc/mac syncing, where and how does one keep a local backup. Also how does one then sync with Outlook on a local computer.
  8. #48  
    Is there a "soft" keyboard or plans for one?
    Would come in handy in landscape mode when switching to a new web page
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadbyxampl View Post
    Is there a "soft" keyboard or plans for one?
    Would come in handy in landscape mode when switching to a new web page
    Ther eis currently no 'soft' keyboard and based on remarks by Palm, it seems doubtfull that one will be included any time soon.
  10. #50  
    1)Is the mechanism on the bottom of the screen... is it a trackball? if so does it click in? Or is it more of a "joy stick" or a 5 way nav?

    2)Does it support MP3 ringtones?

    Besides the question thats been asked about syncing PIMs how would you get photos and songs over if theres no desktop app?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  11. #51  
    What is the function of that silver button in the gesture area? Do all gestures need to swipe over that to be recognized? At first I thought this was a trackball like on a Blackberry or G1 but I haven't seen any indication that it functions that way at all.

    It will be strange not being able to have the fine tap control of a resistive touchscreen and stylus. I've never used a capacitive screen. Do you just use multi-touch zooming to be able to select small things where we used to squint and tap?
  12. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Will the GPS on the GSM international version have the same limited GPS abilities that the Sprint/CDMA version seems to have? That of being tied into the service providers coverage area and network. Bottom line, will the GSM version have standalone GPS abilities?
    Has that been confirmed that the GPS on the Sprint version is not standalone? I have not read that anywhere. I guess that's my question, is the GPS standalone?
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanb131 View Post
    What is the function of that silver button in the gesture area? Do all gestures need to swipe over that to be recognized? At first I thought this was a trackball like on a Blackberry or G1 but I haven't seen any indication that it functions that way at all.

    It will be strange not being able to have the fine tap control of a resistive touchscreen and stylus. I've never used a capacitive screen. Do you just use multi-touch zooming to be able to select small things where we used to squint and tap?
    You tap the ball and it will basically let you access background applications.
    The touch screen apps have pretty big buttons so your fingers shouldn't have any time for hitting small stylus style buttons. For the small touches, like hitting the number page for a forum, yes you would zoom in and tap on it to get more precise touch.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Has that been confirmed that the GPS on the Sprint version is not standalone? I have not read that anywhere. I guess that's my question, is the GPS standalone?
    See #11
    Just call me Berd.
  15. #55  
    OK - so if you don't use outlook or gcal, what are your options for tasks and calendar syncing?

    Now I use Now Up to Date/Contact (soon to be Nighthawk) on a Centro with my Mac.
    izzideluxe is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    1)Is the mechanism on the bottom of the screen... is it a trackball? if so does it click in? Or is it more of a "joy stick" or a 5 way nav?

    2)Does it support MP3 ringtones?

    Besides the question thats been asked about syncing PIMs how would you get photos and songs over if theres no desktop app?
    1: Its not a trackball, just a button. You use that to access your background apps.

    2: Unknown though I'm wishing for it

    I believe you would have to use the USB to connect with the Pre and just drag and drop your photos and songs into the device.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    See #11
    Morning Berd! Sleep well I hope ^_^/ Ready for another day of Pre excitement.
  18. #58  
    You said on the podcast that "Most" of the applications were written using the CSS and Javascript, do you know which ones weren't? Were the video and audio player done that way?
  19.    #59  
    Thanks Guys!

    I'm sure Dieter is Really going to Appreciate all the questions in one place.

    Please be sure to check Post #1 to make sure your question hasn't already been asked.

    Thanks Again,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe View Post
    OK - so if you don't use outlook or gcal, what are your options for tasks and calendar syncing?

    Now I use Now Up to Date/Contact (soon to be Nighthawk) on a Centro with my Mac.
    izzideluxe is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
    Good question. I think we'll have to see who else they have for calendar syncing but if you don't use any of the services that they are with, I belive your only going to have your Pre to rely on. Maybe they will have a Palm desktop in the cloud you can sync to.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions