Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    SPRINT doesn't allow sending out MMS on treo's winmo devices (700wx and 800w)

would it be the same with palmwebOS
    From the thread, "Will it have Visual Voicemail? Forever Call log like POS? guess on release date?"...
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    how about text msg to multiple recipients will this have a limit of 20 or for once if i want to wish my entire phonebook happy new year i can do it in one touch or even EASILY select who i want vs going back to the phonebook like most phones
    ...I'd like to echo the question...Will there be a limit on the number of text message recipients (like the 10 for the POS Treos)? If not, will there be a good way to build a long To list from your contacts list without having to go back and forth once for each contact you want to add?
  3.    #23  
    Ok, I have to shutdown for tonight.

Hopefully Dieter will get to most your questions.

I will make a note in post #1 letting him know this is where I left off.

Goodnight.

Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Since this is web centric device, can this phone make VOIP calls?

Edit: another question arisen in my mind, when an app crashes, will the whole phone reset or will the app just close it self out? If a reset needs to done, how will that happen since it doesn't seem to have a reset button? (just in case the phone freezes or something)
    Good job with the question listing berinkerdickle. Just have to highlight my question. I made an edit but it to my old post (at the time I was still at the bottom and didn't want to make a new post so I just edited it). Don't forget to add the bold question as well. I'm curious on the answer
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    That Tasks icon I keep seeing in pics is killing me. I'd love to see more pics of the PIM functionality. I miss Palm's PIM so much.
    My question is regarding the basic phone functionality:
    I love in my Treo 750 I just start typing on the home screen the name of the contact and it narrows down to the desired contact. Is there any such feature in Pre, which makes it easier to dig down to the desired contact quickly from a longgggg list and call/sms/email the contact???
    Also, once in the call, can we go back to lookup a contacts/take notes for the call or touch-tone a contact's number as in calling-card call??
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    My question is regarding the basic phone functionality:
    I love in my Treo 750 I just start typing on the home screen the name of the contact and it narrows down to the desired contact. Is there any such feature in Pre, which makes it easier to dig down to the desired contact quickly from a longgggg list and call/sms/email the contact???
    Also, once in the call, can we go back to lookup a contacts/take notes for the call or touch-tone a contact's number as in calling-card call??
    Yes, Palm does this already and even better with Universal search. You can start typing in whatever you want and it will search for apps, contacts and even the web if what your looking for doesn't come up in your device. The more you type, the more it will narrow down your options.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Good job with the question listing berinkerdickle. Just have to highlight my question. I made an edit but it to my old post (at the time I was still at the bottom and didn't want to make a new post so I just edited it). Don't forget to add the bold question as well. I'm curious on the answer
    From what i would think:
    the phone itself shouldnt reset...it should have a kill process to it once it becomes unresponsive
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Does the webOS supprt displaying foreign/Asian language natively like the iPhone?

I am not asking for Chinese input here although that would be nice. Does the mp3 player support Asian ID3 tag as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    From what i would think:
    the phone itself shouldnt reset...it should have a kill process to it once it becomes unresponsive
    Thanks, thats what I'm hoping as well, but even some of the most stable OS does need a force reset. I had to do this on my iPod touch, mostly due to some 3rd party apps. It just froze up the device and couldn't do anything but that forced reset. I do hope that Palm Pre makes the word 'reset' obsolete
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    thats probably a major reason for the whole signed app thing
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Who is the ODM for the Palm Pre ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Um, not to be paranoid, but I don't think we saw any demo of a video player... and that doesn't seem something that could be coded using HTML/CSS/JSJSJS...

I saw a separate list of supported media formats, including video formats:
    Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
    Video Formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
    Image Formats: GIF, Animated GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP

...but just in case, I felt a direct question might be worthwhile...

...Is there a video player?
    There is a video player and here is lil youtube video that shows it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelig87 View Post
    Who is the ODM for the Palm Pre ?
    T3.com reports it as being HTC.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    ...but when a palm pre for Europe???
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Do you have to pull out the slider to answer the phone?
    thanks for putting this all together, Berd!

I'll be walking the show floor today, so I'll get Part 2 done tomorrow or Sunday at the latest -- this thread is great, Part 2 will probably mostly be answering all these questions!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I saw that it supported direct push mail, but will it also sync Contacts and calendar? Possibly tasks?

Some devices like the instint say they support exchange, but limited mail download and no contacts and calendar.

Can the emal app read .eml attachments properly?

Can the email app search the users mailbox like the Pocket Outlook? (That's probabbly asking too much).

If it can really support exchange I'm there.
    Oh, when you search, does the searches go through your mailbox as well? If it can....oh boy
    What about a MicroSD card slot? 8gb is probably enough storage for me but I like being able to back up and restore when away from a computer.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast