Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
    So many question marks (????) make us think that you are upset.
    Quote Originally Posted by rappix View Post
    ok &
    can i install palm os software in palm pre with PALM OS CLASSIC EMULATOR ?????
    can i install palm os software in palm pre with PALM OS CLASSIC EMULATOR ?????
    Yes. You can install a program by placing its file in a "Classic" folder on the Pre.
    & what PALM OS CLASSIC EMULATOR format???
    I'm not sure what you mean, exactly. If you want to know the format of the installation files, they apparently will be the same pdb and prc files we would currently use. Instead of hotsyncing those files, we would place them in a folder in the usb mass storage area of the Pre.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    thankks is very good because Classic will now support many of the 30,000+ PalmOS apps!!!!!!
    & how install palm os software in PALM OS CLASSIC EMULATOR?
    DL palm os softwares & copy to palm pe///what copy to folder???& where DL palm os softwares?

& how install PALM OS CLASSIC EMULATOR & web os softwares ??
    Rappix, calm down and lift your finger off the CAPS key.

Read through this FAQ about Classic on the Pre, it should answer all but the most technical of questions.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    thankks is very good because Classic will now support many of the 30,000+ PalmOS apps!!!!!!
    & how install palm os software in PALM OS CLASSIC EMULATOR?
    This has been answered multiple times in this thread, on this page, and on this forum.
    DL palm os softwares & copy to palm pe///what copy to folder???& where DL palm os softwares?
    TreoCentral.com's store is one place to buy and download Palm OS software.

& how install PALM OS CLASSIC EMULATOR & web os softwares ??
    Many think "Classic" will be on the Pre (in trial form) out-of-the-box. I'm not sure how other WebOS software will be installed.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  5.    #305  
    @ rappix,

I'd like to start off by welcoming you to PreCentral!

PreCentral members have put together quite a number of Fantastic Threads that answer many of your questions.

Because some of your first questions were more general I went ahead and merged your thread to this one.
    (See Post #1)

For your questions regarding running PalmOS apps on your Pre there's a really good thread that's already linked in this "Sticky" that I merged your thread with:

Must Have Apps:

Palm Confirmed "Classic" (Palm OS) Emulator for Pre

Thanks, and enjoy your stay here at PreCentral.

Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    thanks berdinkerdickle !!!!
    do you underestand how install web os apps in palm pre & palm EOS?????
    i can't wait for apps & palm EOS!!!!!
    today is 16 may but .........
    excuse me it has flash memory or hard disk??????

Last edited by rappix; 05/16/2009 at 12:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Will I be able to print to a printer on my network from the Pre?
    that sounds like something that would be developed by a third party.
    Quote Originally Posted by xGORDOx View Post
    Will I be able to print to a printer on my network from the Pre?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    With apps like Fandango, you would think they would allow you to print out reciepts and what not to a printer on a wifi network.

Would be cool.
    Is there a way to charge an extra battery? The Touchstone didn't appear to have a place for this.
    no palm OEM way to charge a spare battery. There's a few threads here with ebay links to spare chargers similar to digital camera battery chargers. Just search on battery charger. They are under $10 and can charge a battery and the Pre with a built in USB port. you just supply the USB cable.
  12. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzmerlin View Post
    Is there a way to charge an extra battery? The Touchstone didn't appear to have a place for this.
    Not yet, though I'm hoping it's coming and have posted on this in other threads--something like the existing portable charger for the 800w, only with the magnet and inductive charger needed for the Touchstone. I'm hoping Palm has a set of additional accessories, including this one, that they want to use to add to the buzz post-launch.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    The Pre uses the same battery as the centro and 800w just go to the accessories for these phones to find charging options.
    600P, 700P, Current 800W
    Daughter Centro
    http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com...elief-minutes/ The ultimate smartphone!!!!!!
    I have read and been told to use Centro battery and also that it will fry the phone. I found extra dead battery from Centro, read and both are rated at 3.7. However, when I put it in my phone, a large red/yellow battery showed up, even with the phone plugged in.

So, if I went to Service Center and got partial charge, would it run Pre? At least be good for backup for weekends on boat????
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516