Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rappix View Post
    thanks a lot
    please read it for jailbreak palm pre & install more os in the palm pre!
    Jailbreak Palm Pre and run Android as alternative? | Palm WebOS Blog

& whene install the app store???
    (i can't speak english!!because i live in ir...
    What is "ir?"
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    ir????
    iran!
    thane please help me!!thanks a lot.
    palm pre work with verizone &... is very good!but it can't work with all sim card & i thinks we need unlock the palm pre! is it correct?
    i want question!! what work Palm Desktop software?
    & what app format?(cap or deb or ...???)
    thanks a lot men !
    ir????
    iran!
    Be nice.

And I'll keep being nice, too.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    thank you
    do you underestand what work Palm Desktop software?
    palm pre work with verizone &... is very good!but it can't work with all sim card & i thinks we need unlock the palm pre! is it correct?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    thank you
    do you underestand what work Palm Desktop software?
    The Pre is NOT designed to work with Palm Desktop software for backing up the phone like previous Palm phones. However, there is a 3rd party solution to let you use older software programs on your phone.

For the time being, the Pre will work ONLY on the Sprint network. I do not believe there are any immediate plans to sell unlocked phones. CDMA phones DO NOT use sim cards. So, if you cannot use the Sprint network, you will need to wait for the Pre to be released for other carriers. I believe they are hoping to release the phone for a European carrier later this year. At that point your sim card idea might work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    That english broke my head
    Your post has me shaking mine. His English is a hell of a lot better than your Farsi.

Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Be nice.

And I'll keep being nice, too.
    He intentionally doesn't reveal his location, but you just gotta know. He graciously reveals it, followed by an exclamation point that could denote just about anything but impoliteness (followed by yet another "please" and "thank you"), and you come off like that? Where YOU from? Let me guess, USA!

I only speak for myself around here, but thanks to those who provided helpful answers to the OP's questions. Welcome to the forum rappix.
    Yes, it could have been interpreted multiple ways. I think "be nice" was among the least evil ways to respond to my interpretation. And rappix didn't object, so it's all good.
    I think "be nice" was among the least evil ways to respond to my interpretation.
    Now that you mention it, what was/is your interpretation of this particular use of this particular punctuation mark? It sparked "evil" in your mind west3man?

And rappix didn't object, so it's all good.
    Another matter of interpretation, wouldn't you say?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    .... and you come off like that? Where YOU from? Let me guess, USA!
    galavanter, your post is no better. You're making the assumption that if someone makes a statement that offends you or that you perceive as being rude, that they're from the USA? To me that's equally offensive, actually it's even more offensive

Please leave politics out of these forums.
    We really need the Pre to be announced.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    galavanter, your post is no better. You're making the assumption that if someone makes a statement that offends you or that you perceive as being rude, that they're from the USA? To me that's equally offensive, actually it's even more offensive

Please leave politics out of these forums.
    Sorry I made you mad DavidJ, but I not only know that West3man lives in the USA, I know what state he lives in too. He has quite a posting history, and yeah he links to his blog too.

The way I phrased it was really just to create an opportunity to put an exclamation point after USA (to show its harmlessness), but that went over your Kansan head didn't it? You are from Kansas right? I'm pretty good at this huh?

Politics haven't been mentioned by anyone but you.
  12.    #292  
    Yeah, I didn't see anything wrong with anybody's posts.
    To quote west3man: It's all good.
    Just call me Berd.
    thank you
    ?
    I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here, but I guess that you mean what apps can run on the Pre since you mention deb, which I know is a linux thing. The Pre won't run native linux apps initially.
    You won't be able to "unlock" a Sprint Pre to run on another network. Sprint (and Verizon) use a complete different technology (CDMA) than most European countries (GSM), and they aren't compatible.

In theory, you could operate a Pre on Verizon, but since every CDMA phone has a unique ID (ESN), Verizon will know it's not one of their phones and won't let you activate it. Although I guess it's possible to change the ESN on a phone so it looks like something else. In the U.S., it's highly illegal to do so.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You won't be able to "unlock" a Sprint Pre to run on another network. Sprint (and Verizon) use a complete different technology (CDMA) than most European countries (GSM), and they aren't compatible.

In theory, you could operate a Pre on Verizon, but since every CDMA phone has a unique ID (ESN), Verizon will know it's not one of their phones and won't let you activate it. Although I guess it's possible to change the ESN on a phone so it looks like something else. In the U.S., it's highly illegal to do so.
    Thought VZW has started an Open Network now...
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Your post has me shaking mine. His English is a hell of a lot better than your Farsi.
    How would you know? Don't make assumptions.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    jbg 7474! i underestand cab for linux & deb for mac(iphone) it's a example!!!!
    now! i can install palm os software in palm pre with PALM OS CLASSIC EMULATOR ?????
    & do you underestand what software for sync palm pre?
    & what PALM OS CLASSIC EMULATOR format???
    At this point, I'd like to refer you to the four "sticky" threads at the top of this forum. I believe all your questions will be answered there.
    ok &
    can i install palm os software in palm pre with PALM OS CLASSIC EMULATOR ?????
    & what PALM OS CLASSIC EMULATOR format???
    Copy from PC to Pre using the Pre as a USB drive.
    what PALM OS CLASSIC EMULATOR format???
    It will use the same file formats as Palm OS does now.