Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    you can't even see the lanyard ring on phones. It's inset.
    especially if they keep the hole black like the rest of phone, you wouldnt even know its there..
    I guess I am a little dense, but I still don't understand what to when I get this. I have been through the palm iii, Treo 600,650 &755p and they all work the same. I synch with outlook and don't have exchange server (pop 3). I do not use palm desktop (although it loads to my machine). How will I get all this to synch with my office computer? I synch calendar, contacts, notes & to do list. I think I understand the cloud, but not sure if this will help me with email synch?
    Larry
    You and thousands like you. This is why palm has their head up their *** if they don't provide a desktop sync.

It's like building a state of the art house with an award winning design and not finishing the basement.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I don't know if anyone has been talking about this but I was just wondering why the Pre is coming out with a maximum of G3 speed rather than the new G4 on Sprints wireless network.
    Quote Originally Posted by frediev View Post
    I don't know if anyone has been talking about this but I was just wondering why the Pre is coming out with a maximum of G3 speed rather than the new G4 on Sprints wireless network.
    Just curious frediev, which Sprint devices run on their G4 network?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Wimax is not for phone service. It is for data(not that voip wouldn't be an option). A device would have to have an EVDO radio and Wimax radio in it. Currently the only device on Sprint that runs Wimax is the U300 USB Modem.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by frediev View Post
    There are only 2 cities that support it, for one thing. And only 5 cities will have it in the next 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Wimax is not for phone service. It is for data(not that voip wouldn't be an option). A device would have to have an EVDO radio and Wimax radio in it. Currently the only device on Sprint that runs Wimax is the U300 USB Modem.
    Tks for the clarification cgrogs571
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    no problem. I was contemplating upgrading my card for 4g, but I didn't think the extra $20/mo was worth the speed difference.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    All of this info is just incredibly frustrating w/o a Pre in my hand!

We all need a little dirt (life's events) to grow!
    Streaming Music in the PRE ? one of the many reasons I return the iphone within a week was because while streaming music phone could not be in sleep mode and I couldn't do anything else but stream music if I would try to go somewhere else music will shut down..
    Example In my treoPro am able via kinoma stream winamp radio and google maps at the same time and simply click the top button to shut the backlight from the device and music keeps streaming without a glitch....
    I really hope PRE could do the SAME.
    Quote Originally Posted by yvyv View Post
    Streaming Music in the PRE ? one of the many reasons I return the iphone within a week was because while streaming music phone could not be in sleep mode and I couldn't do anything else but stream music if I would try to go somewhere else music will shut down..
    Example In my treoPro am able via kinoma stream winamp radio and google maps at the same time and simply click the top button to shut the backlight from the device and music keeps streaming without a glitch....
    I really hope PRE could do the SAME.
    It will!
    hi my friend i want many question
    1:can you install palm os software in the web os?
    2:whene can you jailbreak the palm pre & install more os?(linux andoride)
    3alm pre work with all sim card>(at&t & vodafone?) or only sprint & i neeede unlock it?
    4:thanks a lot my friedn! oh whene app store star? thanks
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rappix View Post
    hi my friend i want many question
    1:can you install palm os software in the web os?
    2:whene can you jailbreak the palm pre & install more os?(linux andoride)
    3alm pre work with all sim card>(at&t & vodafone?) or only sprint & i neeede unlock it?
    4:thanks a lot my friedn! oh whene app store star? thanks
    1. Yes, not sure of a release date, expected to be at launch. Motion apps is the company.

2. not sure

3. not sure, only being released on Sprint for the rest of this year.

4. soon as release.

5. didn't see a 5th question.
    That english broke my head
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    thanks a lot
    please read it for jailbreak palm pre & install more os in the palm pre!
    Jailbreak Palm Pre and run Android as alternative? | Palm WebOS Blog

& whene install the app store???
    (i can't speak english!!because i live in ir...
    3: The initial release of the Pre will be CDMA only. GSM should come a little later in international markets.

4: Reminiz said it, but maybe it wasn't clear: the app store will be live upon release of the Pre.
    3. Further more, CDMA and Sprint does not use SIM cards.
    3. And since no other providers have it yet, you will not be able to activate it on anyone but sprint. At least for now, but even then it would only be possible on Verizon/Metro PCS/other CDMA providers.
    thanks a lot.
    palm pre work with verizone &... is very good!but it can't work with all sim card & i thinks we need unlock the palm pre! is it correct?
    i want question!! what work Palm Desktop?
    & what app format?(cap or deb or ...???)
    thanks a lot men