Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
  1. enjoyingsilence
    I spent a while posting a question to this thread, and it did NOT end up there... quite aggravating.

My question was.. what is the deal with Push Email. I use a blackberry. I do NOT use the "add an email account feature". Instead, since my primary email is Mobile ME (from apple), i forward my MobileME email to my @sprint.blackberry.net email... instant push. While I realize that the Pre will not have it's own push email...

Which email providers will be pushed? gMail I assume, as they support IMAP IDLE, and Yahoo... I know that MobileME is IMAP IDLE (since they use this to Push mail to the iPhone, along with SMS sync; same with Yahoo)....

I don't wish to use Direct Push. I'm a consumer, and want push email.. It's not so much to ask to figure something out....
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harps View Post
    I have a camera on my BB, which is a work phone, and I use it 99% for work and at best 1% for personal use.
    If the camera is good, it is a useful work tool.
    I can't see why for it to be a business phone the camera has to be removed.
    Some companies don't allow cameras on phones. I have a friend who designs aircraft engines for the government. No camera for him.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Some companies don't allow cameras on phones. I have a friend who designs aircraft engines for the government. No camera for him.
    I used to work @ a law firm and some courts don't allow the attorney's or legal parties to bring in camera phones either. I think that's why a good number of scenes are etched/drawn instead of photographed.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
  4. enjoyingsilence
    Twice now, someone (a moderator or sys admin) has deleted my question regarding email on the device.

I'm perturbed. I have not received a private message about this. I remember last night, and this morning, posting the question, and having it rephrased. I remember scanning the thread, making sure I wasn't asking a duplicate question...

Why has my question been deleted twice? I don't feel that it has anything to do with the existing thread I have in the Pre forum about push email. This thread also has ties to precentral.net and, the editor in chief compiles a list of FAQs...

Regardless if I have a thread in the main forum about the question I am asking HERE, visitors of precentral.net may not check treocentral.com for this information.

I'd like an answer.
  5. enjoyingsilence
    Thanks to the admins for fixing the automated system issue... Sorry if I was a little "rude"
  6. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    Dieter,
    What was that fat cable under the Palm Pre that Mattias Duarte was using during his CES demo and how was it hooked into the Pre? Also what was that mystical clothe stone underneath it??
    I'm curious too. It almost looked like the cable was connected through the headphone jack at the top rather than the microUSB port on the side.

They did have the Pre at the podium covered when the presentation began--Dieter mentioned that in the special edition TreoCast (#58). So that cloth might have been the cover after the Pre was revealed.

And based on the coverage I've seen, it's hard to be sure if any of the attendees could get close enough to the stage to see how it was connected.
  7.    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    Thanks to the admins for fixing the automated system issue... Sorry if I was a little "rude"
    Did you ever get an answer to your question?
    Just call me Berd.
    Why isn't there a link to PreCentral.net on the TreoCentral.com site?

I've looked but can't find it. I have it saved as a favortie but just thought there should be one at lest on the home page.

Or did I miss it?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Why isn't there a link to PreCentral.net on the TreoCentral.com site?

I've looked but can't find it. I have it saved as a favortie but just thought there should be one at lest on the home page.

Or did I miss it?
    TIA
    We're working on big changes and so sometimes the little changes that we need to get done in the interim don't happen right away. I'm going to see what I can get up on TC tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    We're working on big changes and so sometimes the little changes that we need to get done in the interim don't happen right away. I'm going to see what I can get up on TC tonight.
    TKS Dieter and good luck.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Dieter,

Does the microUSB port on the Pre have the capability of hosting? If not, is this a lack in the hardware or software? I've been told that a USB host requires a 500 mA power supply. Does the Pre have this or could it?

Lacking a microUSB card slot, a flash drive to fit in the Pre seems to be a possible way to have mobile storage, so could you find out?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhox29 View Post
    Dieter,

Does the microUSB port on the Pre have the capability of hosting? If not, is this a lack in the hardware or software? I've been told that a USB host requires a 500 mA power supply. Does the Pre have this or could it?

Lacking a microUSB card slot, a flash drive to fit in the Pre seems to be a possible way to have mobile storage, so could you find out?
    I'm doubting very much this will be a feature, but no evidence.
    I have two questions, the second based on the first. Will the palm Pre sync with Mac/Leopard, and if it does, will it be able to sync with itunes. Also now that i think about it, i saw in the New York Times that Apple is going to sue Palm which could delay their release date, is this true?

Thanks,
    Pre94
    I really hope they come out with a onscreen kb.
    I don't want to slide the kb out every time I want to do a quick reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandy View Post
    I really hope they come out with a onscreen kb.
    I don't want to slide the kb out every time I want to do a quick reply.
    I agree with you bandy.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Secured areas require people leave any personal electronic devices outside. Thats how the government/military works :/
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Dieter,

is there a open ring hole for cellphone straps?
    Just curious...All of my past cellphones have had cellphone straps to hold it so it doesnt fall.
    Engadget has a new 'hub' for all things Pre:

Palm Pre: The full story
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    Dieter,

is there a open ring hole for cellphone straps?
    Just curious...All of my past cellphones have had cellphone straps to hold it so it doesnt fall.
    hmmm .. no offense, but i hope there isn't. the pre looks so slick, wouldn;t want to mess up the look.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    you can't even see the lanyard ring on phones. It's inset.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    hmmm .. no offense, but i hope there isn't. the pre looks so slick, wouldn;t want to mess up the look.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.