1.    #1  
    So, I've got my almost three year old 700P... while watching my wife get a BB Pearl, my kids get Iphones, Dares, and Storms.

I said, no worries, Palm will hit it out of the park. They did, but seems like I'm in the wrong league being locked into VZW with five family members on a a family share plan.

Don't know if I'm more pissed at Verizon or Palm. Will the Pre ever come out on Verizon? In a year... maybe..... I've been a stalwart VZW/Palm user for years. But, I'm afraid that collectively they've told me to go bugger off......
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Not sure you'll be able to talk on the "network" via a pre anytime soon. Sprint exclusive for a least of period of time. I hate the exclusivity arrangements, with the iphone, and others. Open is best
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I too am a stalwart VZW (former Bell Atlantic so it might show how long I've been with "the network") and I am always wondering why Sprint gets all the awesome deals with Palm (except for the 700W but Sprint did get the 700WX). They're subscriber base is ever shrinking while VZW just surpassed AT&T by snapping up Alltel.

My 700P is getting dated and I'm not a fan of BB. I want to see this sucker come out to VZW soon or I might bite the bullet and stay with my 700P until it kicks the bucket so I'm forced to move to another phone.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Great question. In recent years, I've had Sprint (lousy cell coverage), AT&T (great when it was Cingular, but lousy customer service under AT&T) and Verizon. I've been the most pleased with Verizon cell and data service and with their customer service.

The Pre looks terrific. I hope that they do start to offer it on other carriers after an appropriate time of exclusivity with Sprint. I will not go back to Sprint for any phone no matter how spectacular it is or how low the price. Life is too short!

Palm has a pretty good track record of moving new phones around after a short exclusivity period. The Centro is a good example. It is available on most carriers now. Besides, why not let the Sprint Guinea Pigs find all the bugs so we can have an even better phone later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcase View Post
    Great question. In recent years, I've had Sprint (lousy cell coverage), AT&T (great when it was Cingular, but lousy customer service under AT&T)
    FYI AT&T did not buy Cingular. Cingular's parent company bought AT&T and gave Cingular the right to use the name.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I too am on VZ and wanting the Pre badly. Being able to be synced to my contacts and calendar all of the time would be wonderful. I am a road salesman and this is a must for me. I won't leave VZ as it has the best coverage in my area so I will just have to wait.
    I don't know how accurate it is, but phonescoop says that Verizon will get the Pre in 2010. I don't recall if it was early 2010 or just 2010. I called Verizon this morning and the person stated that to try phonescoop, because a lot of times that website knows way before it's announced to employees. Basically until stuff is closer, they don't tell all of the phone reps etc.
    I don't understand people saying Sprint has worse coverage than Verizon when it roams on the Verizon network and there is free roaming.

We should have seen it coming to Sprint exclusively first for two reasons.

1. Sprint has historically gotten new Palm devices first. Sprint has a long standing relationship with Palm.

2. Verizon is the worst company to buy a data phone from with the most expensive contracts. Wifi is not something Verizon likes to allow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    I don't understand people saying Sprint has worse coverage than Verizon when it roams on the Verizon network and there is free roaming.

We should have seen it coming to Sprint exclusively first for two reasons.

1. Sprint has historically gotten new Palm devices first. Sprint has a long standing relationship with Palm.

2. Verizon is the worst company to buy a data phone from with the most expensive contracts. Wifi is not something Verizon likes to allow.

amen.

Calm down verizon people. You have the Treo Pro right now while we are still stuck with the 800w. Verizon people are like the youngest child in the family, always pissed when someone else gets a new toy and you only have 35 toys to play with already.
    Yeah, I'm stuck on Verizon too and want the Pre. However, I can live with my Centro for the time being. I could have any data phone on Verizon and wouldn't trade my Centro for any of them. Upgrade your 700P and live with the Centro for a year.
    Sprint does not roam over onto all of the Verizon towers. Only the ones they have agreements for.

I too am currently on VZW and would love thePre with them but unfortunately I do not get service in my office building. (Sprint is also not available.) I was looking at ATT since the coverage is at least bad vs non existant.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    amen.

Calm down verizon people. You have the Treo Pro right now while we are still stuck with the 800w. Verizon people are like the youngest child in the family, always pissed when someone else gets a new toy and you only have 35 toys to play with already.
    Hmmm, I'm on Verizon and I'm not pissed. By the way Verizon does NOT have the Treo Pro. The Pro is GSM and Verizon in CDMA.
    IMO, VZW and ATT have given Palm the cold shoulder lately - and probably for good reason. The Centro only showed up on both of those networks after it became a hit at Sprint, but ATT seemed to pass on the Treo Pro and VZW has been pissed ever since they got the 700w first and that was a disaster (but Sprint got the better deal on that one too with the 700wx).

Also - ATT has more smartphones than they need - and most importantly they have the Jesus phone. VZW has been in bed with RIM for the past year to get exclusivity on the Storm (many Sprint folks feel the same about that as you guys do here about the Pre) and thus both carriers probably did not even return Ed's calls (if he even called). Yes, Sprint has had a great relationship with Palm over the years, but since both companies are lagging in their respective industries, they are kind of stuck with each other right now.

BTW - I am a happy Sprint customer for over 9 years. They and their reasonably priced network have been very good to me.
    I was thinking about this even before the PRE was announced. Best case would be 2010 before we see this on VZW. Maybe more VZW users should email\call VZW to pressure them. Once the Centro was not exclusive on Sprint anymore, it took about 6 more months before VZW got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvoss View Post
    Hmmm, I'm on Verizon and I'm not pissed. By the way Verizon does NOT have the Treo Pro. The Pro is GSM and Verizon in CDMA.
    My fault. I was confused with all the posts about CDMA and the Treo Pro that i thought it was already available for Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    My fault. I was confused with all the posts about CDMA and the Treo Pro that i thought it was already available for Verizon.

The Treo Pro is coming to Sprint in ( I read) 1st Q.

Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    The Treo Pro is coming to Sprint in ( I read) 1st Q.
    And it should. Sprint has been good to Palm by supporting their products. Verizon is more into gimick phones (young ages) and BB phones for business type.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Hardcase;1539589w.Besides, why not let the Sprint Guinea Pigs find all the bugs so we can have an even better phone later.[/QUOTE]

better phone from Verizn? thats funny. have you not seen what they have done to the Touch Pro? Verizon is famous for handicapping their phones.

Yes, please let the Pre come to Verizon but please let it be the virgin we all want. not some tramp verizon had its way with.