Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I guess 8gig is good. But no extrenal storage? MicroSD. "DriveMode" is a nice touch but I want to put a 16/32gig MicroSD card in it.

OrionNE
    Last edited by OrionNE; 01/09/2009 at 03:29 PM.
    same here
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    I guess 8gig is good. But no extrenal storage? MicroSD. "DriveMode" is a nice touch but I was to put a 16/32gig MicroSD card in it.

OrionNE
    no microSD cards -- nothin ???

if true, thats a bad
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    It has been established that it will not be provided, but "it could be possible with 3rd party work."
    Sorry if this is a stupid question , but to make things clear....are you saying that I WILL NOT be able to use my Palm OS apps on this new phone?

Thanks
    Not unless a 3rd party develops an emulator.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    YIKES!...and thanks for replying.

Two main reasons I didn't switch to the Iphone were 1. because I like the apps I've used with Palm OS for the past several hundred years and 2. because I didn't wanna have to have Apple approved apps.

Now, seems I'll have the same dilemmas with the Pre....guess it will be a wait and see for me.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Lets get real peeps - the quality of many of the Palm OS 3rd party apps truly suck, slow down the unit and I welcome an opportunity to start fresh with some quality control. Lets keep the Pre zippy and clean and truly the iphone killer Yahoo predicted it could be.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    Lets get real peeps - the quality of many of the Palm OS 3rd party apps truly suck, slow down the unit and I welcome an opportunity to start fresh with some quality control. Lets keep the Pre zippy and clean and truly the iphone killer Yahoo predicted it could be.
    And that should be your choice...
    - the quality of many of the Palm OS 3rd party apps truly suck, slow down the unit
    But many just work and provide users with facilities that they would miss.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    yes, but they will be replaced and anyone that complains of the the cost (which is minimal) should crawl back into thier holes. Apps for the most part are always cheap. We no longer have to pay forA2DP, video, audio and mail and others will now seamlessly integrated or I assume thats the plan.

Roi Batty

...yes, but they will be replaced...
    But how long will it take and I doubt whether it is true of my resistor identification program or my reverse polish notation calculator, at least in the short term.
    RPN calculator? If it's a basic one... someone could whip one up in their sleep - this is JavaScript we're talking about, here.

(Which reminds me, this webOS business is making me wonder whether I should bother to register NeoCal... I mean, there are two devices I'll use it on (my Centro and Wrist PDA,) and one won't get supplanted (my Wrist PDA,) so...)
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I think 3rd pty app makers will race to have the first product on the market and palm approval will ensure a level of quality that makes it a win-win for everyone.

Roi Batty

Quote Originally Posted by bhtooefr View Post
    RPN calculator? If it's a basic one... someone could whip one up in their sleep - this is JavaScript we're talking about, here.
    The specific cases are not the point. The point is that if there is an emulator I don't have a problem. If not then I probably do. YMMV!!!
    Right, there are tons of PalmOS apps for specialized niches. These will not all be replaced overnight, and some of them depend heavily on a stylus. Take the outstanding Chinese dictionary, Pleco, which I use heavily with my Centro. The only other option for Pleco is Windows Mobile. Yuck.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12