Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2317-1.htm

    Two videos on the way, plus my part two impressions, plus maybe even a special-edition podcast!

    Note all the special coverage now has links to everything at the top
  2. #2  
    I'm still looking for a pic next to a Treo Pro.
    Just call me Berd.
  3. keith455's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #3  
    where's the stylist??
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by keith455 View Post
    where's the stylist??
    In the salon, probably.

    If you meant stylus, however, there is none, since it's a capacitive instead of resistive touchscreen.

    And is that a ringer switch I see on top?!? Woot! Yet another wonderful reason to thank Palm!
    Last edited by CountBuggula; 01/08/2009 at 11:17 PM.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  5. #5  
    Wonder how the keyboard feels like when typed on. Is it still as stiff as the one in Centro?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by spinosum View Post
    Wonder how the keyboard feels like when typed on. Is it still as stiff as the one in Centro?
    From another Thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by RizP View Post
    ...clip...

    The keys themselves are larger, more widely spaced, and firmer than the centro. There's just a hair of elasiticity to them which feels very pleasant (I tend to type with my thumbnails). I did a shred of typing and can see myself becoming every bit as fast as I am on my 700p on this.
    ...clip...
    Regards
    Riz
    Just call me Berd.
  7. #7  
    Now I feel so outdated.
  8. slabay's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #8  
    Been wanting an 800w since it came out. I figured I'd wait and see the Treo Pro at the end of the month, consider it or maybe get a sweet deal on an 800w when the Treo Pro came out. Damn you Palm! Now I'm stuck with my Mogul till June! My jaw dropped when I got to the side-by-side with the Centro!

    This looks like a must-have. Palm has been betting the farm on this device for a long time..... Looks to me like it has paid off!
  9. slabay's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #9  
    BTW, Looks to be quite the fingerprint magnet!!
  10. #10  
    looks like they replaced the semicolon with the colon on the k key if I saw correctly; who uses a semicolon anyway?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    looks like they replaced the semicolon with the colon on the k key if I saw correctly; who uses a semicolon anyway?
    I guess they'd like to see us do a little more of these
    than these
    Just call me Berd.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    looks like they replaced the semicolon with the colon on the k key if I saw correctly; who uses a semicolon anyway?
    That's how it is on the Centro.
  13. #13  
    What is the connector on the bottom?

    Any pic of how the Pre mates with the power touchstone? Sounds like we need to clip something on to the phone, like a coupler, for it to charge off the stone. Maybe thats what the connector at the bottom is.

    For my car audio setup up I will need a cable to the top for audio output and another cable on the side for power. Sounds messy. Any chance the micro USB can handle power and audio? That would be nice.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  14. #14  
    I am definately gonna need some skin or cover for it seeing that it is a magnet for fingerprints
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

    Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    What is the connector on the bottom?

    Any pic of how the Pre mates with the power touchstone? Sounds like we need to clip something on to the phone, like a coupler, for it to charge off the stone. Maybe thats what the connector at the bottom is.

    For my car audio setup up I will need a cable to the top for audio output and another cable on the side for power. Sounds messy. Any chance the micro USB can handle power and audio? That would be nice.
    On Palm's site it mentioned that for the Touchstone, it would need a seperate battery cover, sold separately. I sure hope that changes.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    On Palm's site it mentioned that for the Touchstone, it would need a separate battery cover, sold separately. I sure hope that changes.
    I wonder if we replace the standard battery cover with a new one or does the Touchstone cover somehow attach to the existing cover.

    Given focus on package design my guess is that the Touchstone will use a replacement cover.

    Any pics of the Pre with the back cover removed?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  17. #17  
    Since I absolutely HATE the iPhone's on-screen keyboard, I may switch back to Palm for this. I'd been using Treo's since the 300 but when I finally upgraded to the Windows version, I ditched Palm AND my PC (was entirely sick of Microsoft). I'm definitely going to give this Pre some serious thought. It's just very important that many apps are available - from social networking to FTP/editing...
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I wonder if we replace the standard battery cover with a new one or does the Touchstone cover somehow attach to the existing cover.

    Given focus on package design my guess is that the Touchstone will use a replacement cover.

    Any pics of the Pre with the back cover removed?

Posting Permissions