1.    #1  
    I see that email, calendar are there, but I always remap my buttons, and I'd prefer not to have those down there. And the floating "Synergy" dock that comes up on float after a hold, what do you guys think?
    Well seeing that it doesn't have any physical soft keys, how would you do that?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I think he wants to control which buttons appear on that quick launcher floating bar. I would imagine that its much the same as windows Alt + Tab function. maybe you can control the looks, but probably nothing else.
    Aren't the on screen "soft buttons" on the gesture area below the main display? If that's the case perhaps you could change what buttons are there but I don't see how you'd be able to relocate them to the top or anywhere else on the device. Of course I could be wrong.
    This is what I asked and I hope to hear we can change it through preferences panel. (If there is one)
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I would think you are able to change them - why not?
    Actually in looking at another video, the shortcuts at the bottom aren't in the gesture area, so perhaps the "dock" could be moved to the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I would think you are able to change them - why not?
    In one of the myriad videos posted here, a presenter says those are customizable, the user can set his or her own favorites.
    Open launcher - on the dock press and hold an app that you don't want and drag to the launcher - let go. Likewise, from the launcher - tap and hold app that you want and drag it to the dock - let go.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah peterman View Post
    Open launcher - on the dock press and hold an app that you don't want and drag to the launcher - let go. Likewise, from the launcher - tap and hold app that you want and drag it to the dock - let go.
    what he said. you can only have 5 icons on the quick launch bar at a time, and you can not remove the "launcher" button from it, so that leaves just the 4 that you can customize.

I want to be able to auto hide it at all times, even when in desktop or card view.(I like my screen space.)
    You can customize it. Here's how you do it.

Go into the Launcher, tap AND HOLD on one of the items in the quick launch on the bottom. Then drag the button up into the launcher. That will move it. Then repeat the process to drag on a new item from the launcher to the quick bar.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    But how do you make the quick launcher disappear, so that it only shows when you drag your finger up from the gesture area?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah peterman View Post
    Yup this is how it's done.

I got really worried when I initially thought I wasn't going to be able to put my messaging and internet icons down there but I figured it out and all is well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    But how do you make the quick launcher disappear, so that it only shows when you drag your finger up from the gesture area?
    this unfortunately isn't an option...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    You can customize it. Here's how you do it.

Go into the Launcher, tap AND HOLD on one of the items in the quick launch on the bottom. Then drag the button up into the launcher. That will move it. Then repeat the process to drag on a new item from the launcher to the quick bar.
    Ah, for those challenged as myself, here is a rephrase or reiteration.... you have to go into the launcher (press the round grey soft key that has an arrow in it) and THEN drag the quick launch icon you want to remove.

It's kinda like ur putting whatever was in the quick launch bar into the regular launch menu.

no disrespect to original poster, i'm just so glad i figured it out!