1.    #1  
    This is BIG. For so long I have been wondering why there is no dedicated "@" key on my Laptop, Desktop much more less SmartPhone!!!

This proves that a lot of thinking went into the design..

This design should last at least 7 years before a refresh.

Palm to the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Mint View Post
    This is BIG. For so long I have been wondering why there is no dedicated "@" key on my Laptop, Desktop...
    Yeah, because pressing shift+2 is incredibly difficult...
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post

RMAO!!!!
    or blob-I...

The comma got a promotion too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post

ROFLMFAO!!! Almost pee'd myself...got to agree though.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    One step forward, one step back. The @ isn't on it's own, it's sharing a key with the zero.... I really like that I don't have to shift to numeric for zero. And does anyone else not like the red numbers? I'd much rather see blue for those, or the two main color theme of the treo keyboards...

I'm really wondering if this will be the final production keyboard. Doesn't it seem that there's a lot of unused real-estate in that space. They couldn't make the keys bigger like on the BB Bold? I wonder if they tried typing that close to the bottom with a prototype and it was really awkward since it's so thin down there.... I guess there's quite a bottom lip below that keyboard so you need some room to angle your thumbs in there....

I can't wait to feel this thing....

No 'that's what she said' replies please.
    I can't seem to find a menu key. So far everything looks pretty easy to access with the builtin apps. What about the busy apps like Documents to go? I have to say though, the centro style keyboard and the look, I love it! I can't wait for this.
    Personally, Everytime I turn on my phone, I would "copy" the @ symbol to my clipboard and simply paste everytime I need it. That would eliminate the key aspect to the problem all together! (joke)
    Last edited by Triple xXx; 01/09/2009 at 11:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    or blob-I...

The comma got a promotion too.
    On the iPaq 910c, its KB has a dedicated: ! & ,(comma).
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    On the iPaq 910c, its KB has a dedicated: ! & ,(comma).
    Strange my HP Ipaq 910 has:
    ! key above the ? key
    & key above the M key
    , is under the ; key

Kind of a strange keyboard actually.

**** the good news is it will be sold for a Pre when it hits the states in GSM flavor.

Regards
    graylion
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanb131 View Post
    One step forward, one step back. The @ isn't on it's own, it's sharing a key with the zero.... I really like that I don't have to shift to numeric for zero.
    Actually, on my 700wx, it always bugged me that I didn't have to shift for 0. Because my mindset was that "must-shift-for-numerics" and then 0 was just there and I felt stupid for having shifted.

It was a little worse with that Keycaps program, where I would press-and-hold for numeric, but doing that on 0 would just result in a bunch of repeated 0's.

I'm just saying, at least all the numerics work in the same way now.