Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I was coming in here to attach a image of the Palm website under the Pre details that said Phone as a modem through bluetooth but now it's gone.

I just saw it yesterday too, I guess it is true.

EDIT: now it says ~7GB available as apposed to ~7.4GB, hmmm.
    Last edited by Krod301; 04/29/2009 at 12:10 AM.
    Not very for me right now because my first concern is... getting a phone that is not half broken.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Zero percent.

I have a data card for the internet. I have my phone for talking, texting, and other things. Especially with the limitations of CDMA. If I were tethering, I would miss calls from customers.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Very important. I don't use tethering all that often (mostly during commuting or traveling) but when I need it, I really need it. If the Pre doesn't have it I'll probably stay with the Treo. Also, I'm hoping there will be a program like USBModem or PDANet; the $40/month for occasional tethering is another deal killer.

akula34, at least on my 755p I never miss calls when tethering. The data connection is interrupted, I take the call, when the call is over, the data connection resumes as if nothing happened. If you need voice and data simultaneously that's a different story...
    Last edited by bobodobo; 04/29/2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Additional information
    Very Important for me also.
    Just call me Berd.
    Not at all important for me. I have it now on my Touch Pro and I just don't use it. Not worth any extra money to me, that's for sure.

What I'm hoping is that the Pre will suffice for any reason I might need ad hoc Internet access and can't find a hotspot. Email, Twitter, Facebook, blogging, Web... Not sure what else I could need highly mobile Internet access for that a Pre won't handle.
    Important... it enables one to waste time on the go...
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Not at all important. I've owned the 650, 700p, 755, now the Centro. Never used it, never will. I don't blame them for not wasting their time on that feature.
    not at all important. that's what i have a Sprint wireless card for.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    It is certainly not a deal breaker for me, neither is the price, the keyboard, the cost of the Touchstone or any of the other complaints people have. I've been waiting on the Pre since last year. I think the Pre will be so great folks might start leaving their computers at home. Finally, an all-in-one device! I've been dreaming of the day I could go outside with just keys, lip gloss, orbitz, and my phone.
    Have a data card too. But...nonetheless, i'd like to see tethering as an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    I was coming in here to attach a image of the Palm website under the Pre details that said Phone as a modem through bluetooth but now it's gone.

I just saw it yesterday too, I guess it is true.

EDIT: now it says ~7GB available as apposed to ~7.4GB, hmmm.
    Could be OS and restored files taking up the .4
    Not very.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Not important at all.
    Also, should a moderator change this into a poll?
    Moderately important. I can live without it, but I do use PDANet on my Treo a couple of times a week. Not often enough that I'm going to pay for a wireless card, but often enough that the lack of an equivilent option for the Pre may make me hang on to my treo for a while longer.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Its not important to me at all, but I can see how it would be EXTREMELY important to others.

I'm curious though. If they allowed tethering on the Pre, how many would pay an additional fee?
    For me if it can't tether, I'm not buying it - and that's any phone.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    A bit over moderately important for me as I use it fairly often with my Diamond and Aspire One
    I started this same thread yesterday.. And as stated there, this is a very important feature to me... Most likely a deal breaker. I am dying to get the Pre, but I don't think I can unless I can tether it with something...
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast