1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/?p=434

This question was asked of Palm VP Stephane Maes, by Ina Fried at CNET, and Stephane stated that these applications will not run natively on this new Linux-based OS, but that “we anticipate there will be solutions to do so.”
    Meaning they are still writing that emulator? :P
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Meaning they are still writing that emulator? :P

It sounds like to me more like "if someone wants to write an emulator.."
  4. EWT
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I'm a long time Palm OS user with many purchased apps, but I'm glad they focused all their efforts on building a new OS rather than use up resources and possibly compromise the new OS to provide backward compatibility. They needed to hit one out of the park, and so far it looks like they have. Hopefully the delivered product will be as good as it looks right now.
    Palm have been quoted as saying (here http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2315-1.htm ) that "it could be possible with 3rd party work."
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Palm have been quoted as saying (here http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2315-1.htm ) that "it could be possible with 3rd party work."

= "em.. yeah..sure.."
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    = "em.. yeah..sure.."
    Can You Guys answer the question; did Palm leave out a slot for Micro SD? If they did that is a 2nd mistake by them (on my part anyway, I have a 16 g card in my Samsung Ace 325. Why would Palm do this to us? (other than they have done the same thing before)

The 1st mistake was not to have the 3rd party applications ready on day 1!
    Last edited by Gas Man; 01/08/2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: change wording
    They might still have 3rd party apps ready on day1. We don't know yet when day one will be - could be 5 months down the road.
    Hopefully Access are working on it (emulation) now.
    Morningstar how much unused space do you have on that 16gb card
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Can You Guys answer the question; did Palm leave out a slot for Micro SD? If they did that is a 2nd mistake by them (on my part anyway, I have a 16 g card in my Samsung Ace 325. Why would Palm do this to us? (other than they have done the same thing before)

The 1st mistake was not to have the 3rd party applications ready on day 1!
    Uh, Day 1? Considering we might be at Day -150 right now, I think you have a while to wait before crying about the sky falling.
    Yikes I need my glasses. Why did this ancient thread get bumped up? lol.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    dekay6 has been doing this all morning -- not really sure why --i guess he is just trying to get in his 10 posts