Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. bender29's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #2  
    Great article.

    Especially that tidbit at the bottom of page 2:

    The phone has 8 gigabytes of storage, which is decent but not great; it can run Adobe Flash, and can cut, copy and paste, which iPhone can't; it supports multimedia messaging service (MMS) so you can send text messages with photos attached,
    "Can", as in capable of running Flash. Or "Can" as in it does run Flash.
  2.    #3  
    I know and my personal favorite is below that:
    Want to talk on the speakerphone while browsing the Web...
    I'm assuming that for the first time (for Palm/Sprint) it's possible to use data while on a call due to EVDO Rev A?
  3. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I know and my personal favorite is below that:

    I'm assuming that for the first time (for Palm/Sprint) it's possible to use data while on a call due to EVDO Rev A?
    Probably not, I could be wrong but I'd guess they're referring to using WiFi while on a call.
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    Probably not, I could be wrong but I'd guess they're referring to using WiFi while on a call.
    Oh geez you could be right I'm so not used to the thought of WiFi being on a Palm phone it completely slipped my mind
  5. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I'm assuming that for the first time (for Palm/Sprint) it's possible to use data while on a call due to EVDO Rev A?
    This doesn't change but it's not the phone's fault, the inability to do voice and data over EVDO is because the Sprint network doesn't currently support it. Once that is fixed the phone just has to use VOIP for voice and then you will be able to do it.
  6. #7  
    Using the data connection while on a call is supposed to be supported with rev A.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  7. #8  
    Reading about that amazon music download! Yes!!!! I was hoping for that, now give me audible download onto device and I'll be extremely happy.
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Using the data connection while on a call is supposed to be supported with rev A.
    That is true but only when you are using VOIP for the voice call. EVDO Rev A does not support simultaneous voice and data channel, it does support two separate data channels one for high priority voice (VOIP) packets and one for the less important data packets. Even if the phone supports this Sprint has to upgrade their network to support VOIP as well before it becomes reality.

    There seems to be a lot of misinformation about voice+data on Rev A out there though.
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nitf View Post
    That is true but only when you are using VOIP for the voice call. EVDO Rev A does not support simultaneous voice and data channel, it does support two separate data channels one for high priority voice (VOIP) packets and one for the less important data packets. Even if the phone supports this Sprint has to upgrade their network to support VOIP as well before it becomes reality.

    There seems to be a lot of misinformation about voice+data on Rev A out there though.
    Thanks for clarifying. Good to know.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  10. #11  
    In the launch video, the presenter specifically mentions the capability to send email WHILE ON A CALL.
    Sprint Treo 755p
  11. #12  
    During TC's Palm Q&A they wouldnt confirm Flash so I'm not so sure that is a done deal that it supports flash.
  12. #13  
    Thanks for the article OP
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  13. #14  
    I love how they answered the "iPhone killer" question
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

    Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
  14. #15  
    Another good quote, and a Damn Fine Analogy
    . . . Palm OS, was originally created for a relatively simple personal organizer; it was then added to and patched up to do things like power a cell phone—a task it was never intended to perform. It was a bit like using a lawn-mower engine to build a go-kart, then adding a bigger chassis and turning the go-kart into a real car, then turning that into a plane, and then trying to make the plane fly to the moon. Palm needed a fresh start.

Posting Permissions