Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    WIRELESS CHARGING is optional but HELL YES!

In the Engadget Video she points out the MICRO SD and USB slot/port.

PRE mess all in my PANTS!
    I watched the Engadget video and she does NOT point out MicroSD, only microUSB.
  3.    #3  
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/08/p...ds-on-gallery/

Yep your right, I even played it like 5 times before I posted this because I couldn't tell but she DRAGS out the U---- in USB and I thought she said Micro SD. Then she points it back out a few seconds later when again made me believe she referenced Micro SD the first time. Thanks for clarification... that'll be a disappointment with no Micro SD slot, (yes I get that there is 8GB onboard, I like to keep backup stuff on my SD card tho...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/08/p...ds-on-gallery/

Yep your right, I even played it like 5 times before I posted this because I couldn't tell but she DRAGS out the U---- in USB and I thought she said Micro SD. Then she points it back out a few seconds later when again made me believe she referenced Micro SD the first time. Thanks for clarification... that'll be a disappointment with no Micro SD slot, (yes I get that there is 8GB onboard, I like to keep backup stuff on my SD card tho...)
    Agreed, I'd like microSD just for more room for media myself.
  5.    #5  
    Doesn't mean I'm not getting it...
    Also agreed.
    This could certainly bring me back to Palm, but I'm hesitant about the lack of a MicroSD card slot. I guess we'll see.
  8.    #8  
    Who are you?!

I <3 you Brian.
    Then why don't you answer me when I say hi on AIM anymore?
    WIRELESS CHARGING is optional but HELL YES!

In the Engadget Video she points out the MICRO SD and USB slot/port.

PRE mess all in my PANTS!
    Thank goodness it's optional, I would hate having a brick like that as my car charger...
  11.    #11  
    Doode, I am never on AIM anymore! Gtalk baby... Gtalk.

Or text me. You got my digits... same as they were from the Treo 300 days. We were so Phone-gay for each other back then.
    Back then?
    Do I need to ask you to get a room?

Pre looks VERY interesting, but being on Verizon I may never see it.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Maybe the MicroSD slot will be unnecessary because they are working on making streaming music and video more practical?
    I believe you can read SD card if somebody make a microUSD-card reader.

Kind of like the Nokia n800, but those mUSB male->USB female adopters are no common. Palm pretty much have to make one and sell it.
  16. EWT
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Maybe the MicroSD slot will be unnecessary because they are working on making streaming music and video more practical?
    Data coverage will have to be a lot better than it is now to eliminate the need for card storage. I've spent many hours in the last month in areas that Verizon didn't have data coverage in.
    My biggest concern about the lack of a card slot is for backups. There have been plenty of times I've been away from a computer and needed to restore data from a backup. Plus I like the convenience of swapping cards in and out.
    But Palm has made another mistake for sure!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I really think the lack of a memory card slot is a big deal for many. It really makes me hesitate. It's not that I think I need gangs of memory, I just like to be able to store some things on seperate media. Unless the Pre is the diamond to another version of the phone like HTC did with the Touch Pro. Perhaps a Pre Pro??
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    This could certainly bring me back to Palm, but I'm hesitant about the lack of a MicroSD card slot. I guess we'll see.
    It would have been in the specifications if they were a micro sd slot.
    What a "Blunder" Palm can never do anything right the 1st time while it may be deal breaker Palm has stuck it to us again. There was no way I did not think it would have support for a micro sd. And why not give us the 16 g out of the box? I guess two things Palm left out that they will fix in a year and it to give the micro sd support and a dual band phone CDMA and GSM in the same unit!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast