Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenithNadir View Post
    I wasn't endorsing the service; I was answering the question.
    I know, but the original guy that brought up this service was saying that he could just back up all of his phone data to Google, and then download it if needed. That just isn't the case, since it only allows for backup of Word, Excel, PDF files, etc. It doesn't back up your os, your programs, your settings, etc. It isn't just a virtual hard drive that you can drag and drop all of your files to.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I still have a Palm but almost purchased the HTC touch pro,but now I'll wait for the pre,however no external memory is a huge drawback for me.
    I used it maybe 2-3 years ago and i was able to save exe files to there. I know because i had to go in and use it at a friends computer. I don't know about now but I know it was like that before.
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    Remember, all your calendar, contacts, and email are going to be in the clouds.
    Are they, though? Some of us don't use Gmail. Or AOL, or Yahoo, or work somewhere with an Exchange server. Some of us say "I don't want all my data out there somewhere--I want it here, locally, where I can control it." (I admit that I only feel a little bit that way--some people I've talked to really feel it strongly.) And these people are current Palm users, who do want a new compatible device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Are they, though? Some of us don't use Gmail. Or AOL, or Yahoo, or work somewhere with an Exchange server. Some of us say "I don't want all my data out there somewhere--I want it here, locally, where I can control it." (I admit that I only feel a little bit that way--some people I've talked to really feel it strongly.) And these people are current Palm users, who do want a new compatible device.
    Maybe there will be an alternative, but I'm going by what I've read in reviews and seen in videos, not just assuming. I did see Chapura as a partner,and looking through their site, they might be able to find a solution to sync with a local application that you have control over.

I wish someone will come up with a solution to sync my Mac data to it. If I can't do that, it'll be a deal breaker for me.
    Verizon already has wireless sync where your contacts and e-mail sync to a special page when you have 700p, Centro, etc. I haven't used it for a while, because I preferred the control I have with Outlook. However, I'm sure other carriers have something similar. It just depends on the amount of cyber space they'll give customers who use this device.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I think everyone is missing a possible problem.Of course, Palm knew the importance of external storage.Perhaps a snag with this new system?And maybe a problem with external storage with the new os or the "cloud"?

Quack,quack
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234