1.    #1  
    Hurray!! Thank God for nova's announcement. I had been holding breath for last 4 days. and it didn't disappoint me at all. But there are some questions still unanswered. Palm Pre has a "fast" OMAP Processor? I dont know of very many devices which has this processor. Does anyone know what is its strengths compared to other processors? What about memory and storage-card on the Treo Pre? What is battery performance like? Is the GPS stand-alone? How about its media playback capabilities?

Post your available details of Palm Pre Specs here.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    OMAP3430 processor is what they announced.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    i know it has 8gb internal memory but i havent seen anything about expansion. does it handle sd cards?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Hurray!! Thank God for nova's announcement. I had been holding breath for last 4 days. and it didn't disappoint me at all. But there are some questions still unanswered. Palm Pre has a "fast" OMAP Processor? I dont know of very many devices which has this processor. Does anyone know what is its strengths compared to other processors? What about memory and storage-card on the Treo Pre? What is battery performance like? Is the GPS stand-alone? How about its media playback capabilities?

Post your available details of Palm Pre Specs here.
    I haven't seen any detail yet, just that it is a TI OMAP3430. I know this line of processors can be quite speedy, the earlier generation OMAP2430 (on the 800w) can run at clock speeds of 1GHZ, but is usually clocked down to minimize battery draw. Seems like the 3430 is pretty respectable in terms of performance, more info below:

http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtb...ontentId=14649
    Probably it has a standard mircroSD card slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    Doubtful, they'd have showed it if it had one, unfortunately.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post

No card slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by dap1982 View Post
    so i need 1 post to be able to see links. sorry for the spam, figure this thread is dead now.
    But it still jumps to the top of the list when you post on it
    from my understanding it has the same hardware as the iphone 3gs except with twice the ram (512 vs 256), clocked at 600mhz. But I could be wrong.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Holy thread resurrection batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    Holy thread resurrection batman.
    Yea, this is from the pre-Pre period of time
    Yea....I was wondering about the first line of posts......
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    haha wooooow...

i was reading thru this thread about people talking about a possible micro-sd slot.

I was trying to figure where exactly they thought they could slip a card into their phone, then alas, i had the idea to check the dates...

^^^FAIL^^^
    Hey, the other guy's posts were deleted. Now it looks like I was the one who dug up this old thread
    Hey sweet! Can you pull up a thread back from when my Treo650 was new?
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    Hey sweet! Can you pull up a thread back from when my Treo650 was new?
    I didn't do it! It was the other guy. He was here, I swear
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hey, the other guy's posts were deleted. Now it looks like I was the one who dug up this old thread
    Don't worry -- the moderators see all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Don't worry -- the moderators see all.
    Good thing I quoted the guy before they got deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I didn't do it! It was the other guy. He was here, I swear
    You're okay you got the evidence of the quote. (Put a date in the quote for some face-saving)