View Poll Results: How long until the GSM version drops?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than a month.

14 4.70%
  • 1 to 2 months.

55 18.46%
  • 3 to 6 months.

105 35.23%
  • More than 6 months.

124 41.61%
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Since Apple is rumoured to becoming out with new iPhone models in June, and given what RIM and HTC are doing as well, I think it is in Palm's best interest to get the GSM version out for the ROW asap.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I haven't visited this forum in quite a while.

My 4-year old Treo650 is starting to show it's wear...

Anyone have any idea if/when Palm will release and unlocked GSM version of the Pre (T-Mobile)?

I have no interest in Sprint.

I'll search the forums again for any similar posts, but just thought I'd post here as well.

Thanks,

G
    I'll continue to anxiously wait for an unlocked GSM version of the Pre.

(T-Mobile in US)

Greg
    No announcement that's official but you can expect at least a year.

It might come sooner than that to Vodafone in Europe and you might, at that point, be able to import one and hack it.

Sprint really isn't that bad. I converted from T-mobile and have been much happier.
    Yes, I remember the unlocked T650 took an extra year (domestically in US), so I figure it will be the same this time around.

I don't want to bother with Sprint if I'm traveling overseas. I like the idea of swapping in GSM card if I'm staying in Europe for a month (or wherever).

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss View Post
    I don't want to bother with Sprint if I'm traveling overseas. I like the idea of swapping in GSM card if I'm staying in Europe for a month (or wherever).

Greg
    Understandable. I travel to Europe a lot too. I just use my old Unlocked T Mobile razr for that.
    So still no GSM carrier announcement anywhere in the world after 3 months?

Doesn't sound good for a GSM version anytime soon.
    Let's hope for this summer. It would be silly to lose the whole GSM market.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by VikingBrad View Post
    So still no GSM carrier announcement anywhere in the world after 3 months?

Doesn't sound good for a GSM version anytime soon.
    Even if there is a announcement and a release, it'll take them at least 3-4 to unlock the phone after it comes out. So the US GSM market is screwed all over again!!
    It surprises me that Palm still hasn't even mentioned their European GSM carrier. They'd better hurry up negotiating with carriers, otherwise it could take a long time before we see any Pre's in the stores over here.
    When the Pre will be released in the US, Palm better gives us some more info on the European release!
    There's still a lot unclear about the European release and that really drives me crazy
    hmmmm .. i would hope Palm would want to release the GSM version as soon as possible following the CDMA release. I;ve picked 1-2 months, based on a may release for the Sprint version.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    With a slew of iPhones and others coming out in June, Palm had better hurry up with the GSM model.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    With a slew of iPhones and others coming out in June, Palm had better hurry up with the GSM model.
    The longer they wait, the steeper the catch-up hill they have to climb. I would have thought a joint CDMA/GSM release would have made sense, especially if the GSM release was initially even Europe-only.

Palm won't survive if they pain themselves into a niche-player corner. They seriously need to get as many of these handsets into the public's greedy mitts as quickly as humanly possible. New Blackberrys, new iPhones, and a ton of new Nokia products are coming. Hey, Palm! Can ya hear me now?
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    The longer they wait, the steeper the catch-up hill they have to climb. I would have thought a joint CDMA/GSM release would have made sense, especially if the GSM release was initially even Europe-only.

Palm won't survive if they pain themselves into a niche-player corner. They seriously need to get as many of these handsets into the public's greedy mitts as quickly as humanly possible. New Blackberrys, new iPhones, and a ton of new Nokia products are coming. Hey, Palm! Can ya hear me now?
    +1
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post

+2
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I found this today: GSM Palm Pre arriving this June? I don't know if it's true or not, but i hope so!!
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post
    I found this today: GSM Palm Pre arriving this June? I don't know if it's true or not, but i hope so!!
    Palm will go out of business if they choose to stay with sprint only for more than a month. Sprint has no customer base. Int he economy? They are doomed. Sprint customers are older Americans that don't shop.
    another day for you and me in paradise
    The Pre is on the Palm UK website as coming soon so I would expect it to follow the Sprint launch fairly closely.
    The article took the date from PDAdb, which has been there for the longest time. That date was a prediction based on the announcements back then, assuming the CDMA version was launched in April.