View Poll Results: How long until the GSM version drops?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than a month.

14 4.70%
  • 1 to 2 months.

55 18.46%
  • 3 to 6 months.

105 35.23%
  • More than 6 months.

124 41.61%
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Liking the UK advert there...Its getting close. Rumours of a 15th sept launch party
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    Liking the UK advert there...Its getting close. Rumours of a 15th sept launch party

It's the same as the old American one, they just got an english guy to do the voice over...
  3. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    It's the same as the old American one, they just got an english guy to do the voice over...
    Ah right, I haven't seen any of the US adverts to date...Heard PLENTY about them mind
    They better not be thinking about using that, alright it shows some fuctions but DAM! I nearly fell asleep!!
    You sure thats from Palm??
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kamakazikev24 View Post
    They better not be thinking about using that, alright it shows some fuctions but DAM! I nearly fell asleep!!
    You sure thats from Palm??

It is word for word (except for changing a couple of regional names) the advert that palm used on their site pre-launch of the Pre. I suspect the 02 ads might have a bit more pep to them.
    i want the creapy woman bing bing bing ad's for the UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    i want the creapy woman bing bing bing ad's for the UK
    To each his own!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

come on you know she has that creapy nightmarish hot vibe
    I love the way the first sentance of the e-mail posted above says "It's always good to know what lies in store"... I agree - can we have a freekin release date now?!?
    I have never understood why anyone in the us would wait for gsm if they want a pre. Its lesser technology.
    choosing any network helps! using it outside the US?
    April 2010 GSM unlocked
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    April 2010 GSM unlocked
    Your source?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    April 2010 GSM unlocked
    Ive been told that there wont be one this year but I doubt it would take until april.

If thats the case they might as well wait with a launch until they have an upgraded model as the Pre will be "old" by then.
    Last edited by Andreas; 09/13/2009 at 02:30 PM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Ive been told that there wont be one this year but I doubt it would take until april.

If thats the case they might as well wait with a launch until they have an upgraded model as the Pre will be "old" by then.
    I am beginning to wonder if the Pre is worth waiting for.......

There's so many other good choice's out there, and they dont seem to have the problems and missing features of this handset.

I know people say this is there first handset and we should give them a chance, but it's not. Palm have been making phones for years and should know better!

I really like the 'look' of this handset with it's keyboard, but I do wonder how it's going to hold up over a 18 month - 2 year contrat...............

I have never paid for insurance on a phone and have never needed it but this one seems to be a higher risk IMO.
    yeah same here. i hope they revise it enough for us UKers so we dont have the oreo or anything else. and by the time it comes out the GFX chip is being used ont he SDK, so we can have good games .

and for sure, if it doesnt support HSDPA, as much as i want one, i wont get one. ill hold out for the sony ericsson rachel, which IICR is spandragon and android.
    Even if it doesn't support HSDPA but supports LTE?

Joking aside, I'm sure it does. As "confirmed" in the firmware it's at least UMTS. Doesn't really make sense to have a smartphone without it these days.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I have never understood why anyone in the us would wait for gsm if they want a pre. Its lesser technology.
    Because we're waiting for the HSDPA GSM version. The SIM card makes a huge difference.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 09/14/2009 at 12:10 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    No it isn't.

Unlocked GSM handsets give you the freedom to choose your own carrier and the ability to use your shiny smartphone in most countries outside the US. Some people travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    No it isn't.

Unlocked GSM handsets give you the freedom to choose your own carrier and the ability to use your shiny smartphone in most countries outside the US. Some people travel.
    Yes it is. The ability to use a SIM card does not mean GSM is more advanced. CDMA is still a better/newer technical standard for data transmission and telecommunication.

I can understand wanting GSM if you travel the world a lot. But beyond that, why would anyone wait for a GSM Pre to get a Pre?