View Poll Results: How long until the GSM version drops?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than a month.

    14 4.70%
  • 1 to 2 months.

    55 18.46%
  • 3 to 6 months.

    105 35.23%
  • More than 6 months.

    124 41.61%
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 466
  1. #381  
    As I said I wouldn't think the website an entirely accurate measure, although there are truth to it so far... Case in point, the Centro went on sale in Hong Kong before it even went live on the website, as I mentioned I already bought one before it even appeared.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  2. #382  
    Wild Guess: Anyone think Palm will announce anything in the September results call?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3. #383  
    waiting for,
    think before christmas...
  4. #384  
    Thank god Nokia announced the N900.

    Now I can stop walking around in Europe, feeling like a sucker, waiting for Palm to announce anything. All this silence, has actually turned me away from the Palm Pre, I'm sorry to say.
  5. Duo
    Duo is offline
    Duo's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by real_per View Post
    Thank god Nokia announced the N900.

    Now I can stop walking around in Europe, feeling like a sucker, waiting for Palm to announce anything. All this silence, has actually turned me away from the Palm Pre, I'm sorry to say.
    There are a lot of decent alternatives including the latest Android phones (and v2.0 of that OS should hit sometime next quarter). Palm's USP was never strong and other devices, especially HTC devices were doing the Synergy thing before Palm managed to get the Pre out the door and the only smartphone OS out there that doesn't multitask is the Apple one.

    I actually got turned off a few weeks before the US launch when they still hadn't released the specs of the phone - and I'd been wanting this phone since the announcement back in January.

    The lack of features in the phone is another issue for me. Lack of file downloads via the web browser is a show stopper for me and other things like the lack of proper cut and paste are also problems.

    Instead of fixing the major issues like file downloads, cut and paste, working Exchange server support, etc, etc, Palm chose to waste valuable resources playing cat and Mouse with Apple over a feature most people don't care about and that isn't too much use on a device with only 7GB of memory free anyway. Another turn off.

    The other show stopper is the hardware. From what I can see Palm still hasn't fixed the issues and I'm sorry to say that when I went to a Sprint store and had a look at the device a little while ago, of the two that were on display one had a 4mm gap between the two halves and did the Oreo twist and the other had a bubble in the screen, yes a bubble.

    I can only hope that they sort out the hardware by the time the launch here in the UK but by then I doubt that too many people will be interested anyway. They should have done a GSM version first (with decent hardware).
  6. #386  
    One O2 employee told me, that the Palm Pre will be released on Oktober 13 in Germany! I have pre-ordered it, was the third on this day
    No pricing yet
  7. as147's Avatar
    Posts
    289 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    #387  
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

    Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
  8. Duo
    Duo is offline
    Duo's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    #388  
    Any info on the 3G bands?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    One O2 employee told me, that the Palm Pre will be released on Oktober 13 in Germany! I have pre-ordered it, was the third on this day
    No pricing yet
  9. #389  
    Sry, what do u mean with 3G bands? My English is not so well
  10. #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    Sry, what do u mean with 3G bands? My English is not so well
    The speed of the data connection.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  11. Duo
    Duo is offline
    Duo's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    Sry, what do u mean with 3G bands? My English is not so well
    The high speed data frequencies that the European GSM version of the phone operates on, eg:

    850/1900/2100 or
    900/1900/2100 or
    900/1700/2100 or
    900/2100 or
    850/1700/2100 (never seen this one before), etc, etc.
  12. #392  
    I heard the GSM Version will support 3.6 Mbit, half HSDPA. Was that ur question? But thats only what I heard.
  13. #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    I heard the GSM Version will support 3.6 Mbit, half HSDPA. Was that ur question? But thats only what I heard.
    You better be wrong about that!! lol
    Need all the speed we can get.
    As someone already said, if o2 price this the same as the 3gs its gonna be dead in the water. It HAS to be from free to a MAX of £99 for me to even consider it.
    I don't think its worth as much as an 3gs! and a lot of people will see it that way too. its unproven, has had a fair few problems and people just 'know' what there getting with the iphone.

    Please Palm! Don't price your self out of the UK market!

    And if its too much, well I think I can see a N900 with my name on it, cause that I would pay for.....
    But I think the Pre is prettier!
  14. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by Duo View Post
    [...]
    The lack of features in the phone is another issue for me. Lack of file downloads via the web browser is a show stopper for me and other things like the lack of proper cut and paste are also problems.

    Instead of fixing the major issues like file downloads, cut and paste, working Exchange server support, etc, etc, Palm chose to waste valuable resources playing cat and Mouse with Apple over a feature most people don't care about and that isn't too much use on a device with only 7GB of memory free anyway. Another turn off.

    The other show stopper is the hardware. From what I can see Palm still hasn't fixed the issues and I'm sorry to say that when I went to a Sprint store and had a look at the device a little while ago, of the two that were on display one had a 4mm gap between the two halves and did the Oreo twist and the other had a bubble in the screen, yes a bubble.[...]
    For paragraphs one and two, please visit http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tionality.html .

    For paragraph three, none of the Pre's I've interacted with have had such issues.
  15. #395  
    My money is on 3.6Mbps HSDPA. Only remaining questions I have are when it's showing up and will it be 2 different versions 850/1900 and 2100 or one 850/1900/2100.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  16. #396  
    Palm unfotunately was fighting against some behemoths in Apple, Nokia, Samsung, Blackberry, HTC in the smartphone space. Give them Kudos for building a device that though was not on par with the Iphone 3GS really did show how Palm had made a turn around when their business was slowly dying on its feet.

    Now Nokia the proverbial 800lb gorilla has been beaten to the punch many times like with the rise of flip phones by Samsung or slim phones by Motorola only to beat both companies in the long term. Now with the N900 - if it's as good as it looks in the videos then I am sold - a full freakin PC running Maemo in your pocket. Whoever says you don't need all this power in your pocket is just trying to justify their own choice.

    The mobile phone is dead, long live the mobile device.
  17. Duo
    Duo is offline
    Duo's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    I heard the GSM Version will support 3.6 Mbit, half HSDPA. Was that ur question? But thats only what I heard.
    Actually I was interested in the bands that it covers rather than the download speed although 3.6 Mbps is disappointing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    For paragraphs one and two, please visit http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tionality.html .

    For paragraph three, none of the Pre's I've interacted with have had such issues.
    Thanks. It looks like 1.2 covers a few of my WebOS issues. It's great to see this stuff being addressed. As for the hardware you can just look through these forums for the Oreo twist issue (or just look at the video made by the guys that run this site):

    http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-hardware-issues

    For the bubbles in the screen, just do a search and you'll see that it isn't a rare occurence with the pre.

    The poor quality hardware is a big issue. I don't expect you to have every issue or even any issues but there are a lot of people that have had hardware issues. The Pre has had more hardware issues than any other phone that I can remember. To be honest my opinion of the hardware is that it's low quality junk. Palm need to fix this ASAP.

    WebOS is a winner as far as I'm concerned but my experience of the European carriers is that they will drop any device with problems without a second thought and if that happens they may not be interested in another Palm device for quite a while. Android devices are about to flood the market and I think that Nokia is just getting started on the Maemo trail.

    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    Now with the N900 - if it's as good as it looks in the videos then I am sold - a full freakin PC running Maemo in your pocket.
    Me too... as long as they cave in and provide portrait support for the apps they ship with the phone, including email (reading and writing), SMS, calendar, web browsing, RSS reader, music app, photo app, etc, etc. I think only the movie player is acceptable as Landscape mode only and I'd still like to have a portrait option with that.

    A pity because I've been following the Pre from the day it was announced back in January and yet it looks it will be one of the last phones to ship in the UK in 2009

    I think that the window of opportunity for the Pre is closing and Palm have only just shipped in their second market.
  18. #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by Duo View Post
    A pity because I've been following the Pre from the day it was announced back in January and yet it looks it will be one of the last phones to ship in the UK in 2009

    I think that the window of opportunity for the Pre is closing and Palm have only just shipped in their second market.
    Also been following it since January. I remember the CEO said something like the GSM version should be available almost the same time as the CDMA, and so on. "Available soon" on many european and asian Palm sites. But what happens? Have to sit here and wait and wait... and soon its January again. Very disappointing.
  19. #399  
    I want to get another palm but I think palm is missing the boat

    nothing we havent come to expect from palm

    good ideas crap execution
  20. #400  
    come on palm! i need this to upgrade from my crap iphone 3G.

    it better have hsdpa, or i might aswell wait for the sony ericsson rachel (andriod)

    btw got an email from palm today and it was an advert for the palm pre, with an english person, about the calendar, email and websearch!

    here is it, i uploaded it to facebook

Posting Permissions