Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66
  1. #41  
    hmm I wonder why they won't comment on battery life or price...
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    hmm I wonder why they won't comment on battery life or price...
    cee here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=175346
    Just call me Berd.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

    Well as a die hard palmie I must say that i am glad that i hung on though my treo 680 is getting very thin.

    i hope that the release date will be in early half of 2009 and not june ??

    Well done Palm you have definitely thrown the cat amongst the pigions.

    Remind me of when the first palms came out they were incredible for that period of time.

    Now we seem to be in Wave 2 of palm roll out!.
    Just hope they listen to their user base then I think it will come together very nicely for them.

    No wonder Elevation put in that $100 million ????
  4. #44  
    Here are some answers to some of the questions from a NewsWeek article.

    "Under the hood is a speedy new microprocessor from Texas Instruments that runs videos quickly and smoothly, with less of the herky-jerkiness that mobile devices are known for. The phone has 8 gigabytes of storage, which is decent but not great; it can run Adobe Flash, and can cut, copy and paste, which iPhone can't; it supports multimedia messaging service (MMS) so you can send text messages with photos attached, which iPhone can't do; it has a 3 megapixel camera and a flash, which iPhone lacks. There's a button that lets you buy music from Amazon's download store. Then there's the multitasking. Want to talk on the speakerphone while browsing the Web and entering stuff in your calendar? No problem. Palm expects people will keep 15 to 20 applications open at the same time."

    Heres the link:

    http://www.newsweek.com/id/178536

    Same article as posted in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=175328
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  5. #45  
    I am a long time Palm and Windows Mobile user. I like what PALM has done with this phone. It doesn't look like you can work with Office programs like Word, Excell, PPT, PDF and OneNote. That is a deal breaker for me. I can certainly live without Windows Mobile but can't live without Office programs. Maybe they are waiting to give details on this but I think they would have mentioned it in the launch event. The other decision was to once again put the speaker on the back of the phone. I used a Treo 800w for a while and that was the worst speaker placement ever. Maybe because it is rounded it won't be an issue but that would be a second deal breaker for me. It doesn't look like you can add MicroSD memory to the device which also stinks. 8GB is certainly doable but I will probably just go with the Treo Pro so I can slap a 16GB card into it. The last thing is they should have created a software keyboard as well to give users a choice. I have used sliders before and sometimes it gets old to have to slide the keyboard in and out all the time to enter text. We will see once these are available and some reviews are carried out. I really hope that all my questions are answered favorably and that this becomes the phone to have.
  6. Paul's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Hi all -

    I've been going a mile a minute since the keynote started, haven't stopped for breath and don't intend to until, well, until later . Mike and I are going to record a special treocast and then i'll write up part 2.

    I'm waiting for the Q&A from my 45 minutes Hands-On with the Pre to finish encoding at YouTube. That video is pretty good, but wait until you see the video we have for the morning -- stupendous.

    I'll try to get to as many questions as I can in the part 2 article -- if somebody wants to do me a HUGE HUGE solid, they could compile all the questions in a single post in about 2-3 hours, when I think I'll be able to get to writing part 2.

    - Dieter
    Dieter great work! You and Mike are extremely lucky! Will the Pre have Google Earth or just Google Maps and if it's GM will it have Street View? Lastly, what file format does the video player accept/use? Hopefully MP4. I've got several iPhone movies that I hope I won't have to reconvert.
  7. #47  
    This is where Dieter will be looking for your questions:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=175346

    I'll add yours Palmfood
    Just call me Berd.
  8. #48  
    Dieter - wanted to echo some of the other comments - great job !
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  9. #49  
    If they don't release a 3G/HSDPA model and only come out with Edge, that's a massive FAIL in my books
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    If they don't release a 3G/HSDPA model and only come out with Edge, that's a massive FAIL in my books
    No matter how cool the device is, I won't be getting it if it is only Edge.

    All this may be premature, but the source seems reliable enough.

    Again, it might be too early to know, but I hope Dieter gets a answer on this.

    It's prolly a year out for gsm guys anyway.
  11. SPA
    SPA is offline
    SPA's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    #51  
    Is there a way to see Dieter's comments without having more than 10 posts?
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by SPA View Post
    Is there a way to see Dieter's comments without having more than 10 posts?
    What don't you see?
    Just call me Berd.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by SPA View Post
    Is there a way to see Dieter's comments without having more than 10 posts?
    SPA, I bump your post count for a while so you can view. I will adjust back as soon as you reach them on your own.
  14. #54  
    Dieter : Excellent play-by-play!
  15. SPA
    SPA is offline
    SPA's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    #55  
    Thanks, I'm more of a reader than a writer. I'm competent, but not as advanced as most in the forum. I use my Treo 680 to keep up with my daily activities. Getting older and can't remember everything. I use text because younger nieces and nephews seem to only text. I use internet as pay as you go.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by techgeek32 View Post
    I am a long time Palm and Windows Mobile user. I like what PALM has done with this phone. It doesn't look like you can work with Office programs like Word, Excell, PPT, PDF and OneNote. That is a deal breaker for me. I can certainly live without Windows Mobile but can't live without Office programs. Maybe they are waiting to give details on this but I think they would have mentioned it in the launch event. The other decision was to once again put the speaker on the back of the phone. I used a Treo 800w for a while and that was the worst speaker placement ever. Maybe because it is rounded it won't be an issue but that would be a second deal breaker for me. It doesn't look like you can add MicroSD memory to the device which also stinks. 8GB is certainly doable but I will probably just go with the Treo Pro so I can slap a 16GB card into it. The last thing is they should have created a software keyboard as well to give users a choice. I have used sliders before and sometimes it gets old to have to slide the keyboard in and out all the time to enter text. We will see once these are available and some reviews are carried out. I really hope that all my questions are answered favorably and that this becomes the phone to have.


    Well palm has always had dataviz which gives you access to PROPER word excel ppt etc and not the mobile crap that msoft dishes out.

    Also /i think 3rd oarty will develop soft keyboards rapidly.

    The one thing I must say is that th palm developing community has always provided solutions if there is enough interest in it.

    I think it is a great fone

    No microsSd is worrying but i am sure that this will be rectified on version 2 when it comes out.

    for a start I think they have surprised me with their efforst

    Bloody well by time.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllVerbatim View Post
    I think I speak for all the diehard Treo fans when I say, "We are pleased. We're coming back to Palm."
    The diehards never left Treo.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenithNadir View Post
    The diehards never left Treo.
    But Palm has.
  19. #59  
    Palm was working hard on CASTLE. Rock on Palm. From the side, the open-device curve looks like a kendo or samurai sword. Organic beauty.
  20. ipsi's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #60  
    Please, *please* support Unicode and allow for easy creation of Input Methods and displaying of fonts. If I want to view or input Chinese, or *any other language*, I *do not* want to have the same trouble I have on desktop Linux Distros or Windows Mobile (well, it's easy if I pay, but not if I want to do it for free).
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions