Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    all I need is pandora or slacker. Not sure if Pandora will get around to it any time soon as they have been taking their time on the BB app. Slacker JUST released an app for BB too. My all time favorite app. No need for me to store lots of mp3's when I have customized radio stations.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    all I need is pandora or slacker. Not sure if Pandora will get around to it any time soon as they have been taking their time on the BB app. Slacker JUST released an app for BB too. My all time favorite app. No need for me to store lots of mp3's when I have customized radio stations.
    Actually its been said, I believe, that Pandora has ported their app to WebOS in only 2 days.
    Considering Pandora was specifically mentioned on the Palm keynote, I think you're good. (It was said its taken Pandora months on some other platforms but they made a Pre app in 3 days.)
    I have this uncomfortable hunch that all the simple things my treo 755 does with it's apps; are not going to be done on the pre. I feel like a lot of the apps that were made for earlier treo models i.e. 600 have been abandoned.
    So I have come up with My list of Apps that I would like to see onthe pre.

* CallFilter - It's a must have. Especially how it runs on the treo. I like
    How It logs everything in the Callfilter app
    (when enabled) Also like the how I am able to make
    my own rules on there instead of it coming with a preset rules.

KeyCaps755p - Simple and easy, so convenient. I love this little app

TealLock - I need something to lock my apps still be able to use the rest of my phone's apps

TextPlus - I like how it gives a list of words making it easier to type.

RescoExplorer

Chatter - I can't believe this is not going to be on the Pre. I have been using this for the last 3.5 years! I have used this for so long... that I used "ROM hide" To hide the standard Palm email, and I've forgotten the name of it LOL. This App blows any other app out of the water!!!

Mundu - But I'm sure they are gonna make something for the Pre, same as MobiTV

Some other, but i can do with out:
    BluePill
    Callrec
    pTunes
    PDAnet

I am really hoping that you can add a Today screen.
    a combination of apps made by the same developer are TakephONE, 4cast, and 2day. The plugins on these apps make my 755 almost undroppable.
    I would like to see a today screen that displays the weather, upcoming events, how many text, voice mail, and email I have.
    wait what???? where the heel you hear than pandora already ported their app to webos?? that's it then, I'm getting one. I mean how freaking long I've been waiting for them to add it to blackberry...

then again just because they ported it doesn't mean they will offer the app up. Maybe it was just for proof of concept.
    Last edited by treoneo; 01/13/2009 at 06:50 AM.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    wait what???? where the heel you hear than pandora already ported their app to webos?? that's it then, I'm getting one. I mean how freaking long I've been waiting for them to add it to blackberry...
    Pandora were at CES, they were there to talk about WEbOS, they said it took 3 days for them to write the Pandora app for Pre. So I think we can take it as a confirmation that it exists...

then again just because they ported it doesn't mean they will offer the app up. Maybe it was just for proof of concept.
    I could be wrong but I am pretty sure it will be offered. Palm kept mentioning it through out the presentation of just how easy it would be to create apps. I think they may have even mentioned it as an example of an app that would be ready to go day one...
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Must haves:
    2.Tomtom or other stand alone GPS
    6. MyBible and Daily Reader w/ lesson plans for the Bible( both by Laridian)
    8. Good backup to SD or desktop
    10. Good weather program (4cast)
    I quoted this one because it kind of highlights some of my preferences --
    1) definitely standalone GPS
    2) a WebOS version of Pocket e-Sword & Olive Tree Bible software
    3) Backup & local synch
    4) WeatherWatcher
    5) good allaround media player(s) -- I'd be happy with several if each does some of it well
    6) a WebOS Live365 player
    7) not yet sure whether 3rd party apps are needed for calendar, contacts & email
    8) 32 gig microSD slot
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    I quoted this one because it kind of highlights some of my preferences --
    1) definitely standalone GPS
    2) a WebOS version of Pocket e-Sword & Olive Tree Bible software
    3) Backup & local synch
    4) WeatherWatcher
    5) good allaround media player(s) -- I'd be happy with several if each does some of it well
    6) a WebOS Live365 player
    7) not yet sure whether 3rd party apps are needed for calendar, contacts & email
    8) 32 gig microSD slot
    I want #6 as well. I want to continue listening to SquareAmp like I am on my 755P.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Yep - cut and paste is in there.
    It just dawned on me that without a stylus, one can hardly do any precision cut (and paste). Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by gabvoice2 View Post
    It just dawned on me that without a stylus, one can hardly do any precision cut (and paste). Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Must-haves:

1) Secret!, or some similar "encrypted notepad" sort of application. This way, all my passwords for work (and other sensitive information) are at my fingertips.
    2) pssh, or some regular ssh client, as a couple others have said.

Wants:

1) Sudoku - love Astraware's version.
    2) Email client that will do IMAPS and TLS/SSL for SMTP
    3) CalDAV compatibility - would be nice to have work calendars on my phone.
    4) My CTU ringtone.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    HandyShopper (only one I know of that auto calcs unit cost)
    MyBible (Laridian is already promising a Pre version)
    PocketQuicken
    Bejeweled 2
    Bejeweled Twist (Totally Sick, Only on Win now)
    Some backup program
    Sync with iTunes
    Last edited by TomD; 01/18/2009 at 11:48 PM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    If i was to switch to the Palm Pre it would need
    1 be the first Push to Talk PDA using Qchat
    2 Microsoft Direct Push
    3 MS Office
    thats all it would take
    for me
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    -eReader
    -Chinese(simplified and tranditional) or unicode support
    -Dictionary
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    I only need a few additional pieces from those we have already seen:
    1) webOS version of starplayr for Sirius/XM
    2) G-alarm
    3) Viigo
    3) email access to multi clients
    4) Docs to Go
    5) Palm OS emulator

Give me these and I am in like flint!
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    I finally saw Tasks on an Engadget Mobile Pre UI tour.

As far as migration, Dieter mentioned on the Treocast for the Pre that Chapura is signed on as a developer. They'll probably make an Outlook migration solution.
    Chapura. Not very sexy, but I guess it could work. I'm still confused. Would you need access to an Exchange server for this to work? Can the Pre talk to a desktop? Could it sync over wifi? Just thinking out loud. I'm waiting to hear what Palm says.

You know what, though? Sprint is advertising "ReadyNow" and at top of the list is "Contacts" ( http://readynow.sprint.com/ ). I'd feel pretty content if I walked into a Sprint store with my Treo and walked out with a Pre with all my data synced over, courtesy of Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    No TOMTOM, No switch. Google map won't cut.
    Got news for you. TomTom has essentially gotten out of the aftermarket PDA business. They're only including the new version (Navigator 7) on the ROM of select PDAs instead of a separate package. Also, v7 is not even available legitimately in the U.S. TomTom doesn't even sell Navigator 6 anymore. Their main focus from this point on is standalone GPS units. This is extremely evident from their website and also if you've tried lately to get PDA tech support from TomTom.
    I have a feeling we'll be limited to Telenav/Sprint Navigation or Mapquest Navigator. If we're lucky, Route 66 may release a WebOS version.
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett View Post
    they talked a lot about the cloud- but I don't live on face book- my contacts are all on my pc in outlook. I need to be able to sync to a pc or mac.

slingmedia
    I have a Hosted Exchange account from exchangemymail.com. They're cheap ($10/month). You get ironclad reliable servers, 200MB email storage, multiple mailboxes and everything syncs instantly between Outlook and your PDA (Contacts, email, calendar, tasks, etc). Mail pushes instantly to the PDA via ActiveSync.
    I haven't physically synced to my PC in MONTHS. No need to do it when you have an Exchange account. Most providers also give you a free copy of Outlook 2007 that you can install on multiple machines.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Audible. got to have my audio books
    eReader for my print books
    keycaps excellent typing aid
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast