01/08/2009, 03:38 PM
...i copied the text and pasted it hear to make it easier to read...
Thinking ahead is a beautiful thing.
Meet Palm Pre, a phone that’s always thinking ahead to make your life easier. Pre pulls your different online calendars into one view, bringing you the information you want without having to search for it. Pre links your contacts from different sources, giving you one place to find what you need. And Pre delivers incoming messages1 and notifications in an intuitively subtle way, letting you react or respond however you want. People, events, information that matters. With Palm Pre, it’ll come to you.
Connected calendars and contacts
Pre uses the Palm® Synergy™ feature to bring your Outlook®,2 Google, and Facebook® calendars together for one logical view of your day. And if you have the same contacts in different places, Pre can link them together, making it easy to find the information you need.
Keep multiple applications open and move easily between them—email, maps, photos, websites, whatever.3 Pre thinks of your applications as "activity cards", and lets you flip through them, move them around, or throw them off screen.
Things like text messages and calendar appointments appear as notifications at the bottom of the screen. You’ll know what’s going on without being completely interrupted or losing your train of thought.
An incredibly fast browser brings you full websites the way they were meant to be seen. Plus, the applications on the phone are connected to the web and constantly updated, so you get the latest information without having to work for it.1
Simply start typing to begin searching your contacts, applications, Google, or even Wikipedia. Universal search narrows down the possible results as you type, so it’s easier to find what you need.
Thanks to Synergy, all your conversations with the same person are grouped together in one chat-style view. (Even if it started in IM, for example, and you want to reply with text.) You can also see who’s online right from contacts, and start a new conversation with just one touch.1
Email, Wi-Fi, and GPS
Check email from Outlook® or personal accounts like Gmail, AOL, and Yahoo!.5 Take advantage of Wi-Fi hotspots.6 And look up directions or nearby points of interest using GPS.7 It’s everything you need, everywhere you go.
Slide out the keyboard for faster and easier texting. Close it up and rotate Pre for music, websites, photos, and videos in full widescreen glory. You get the best of both worlds in one
beautifully designed phone.
Use of this device requires providing a valid email address, mobile phone number, and related information for account set-up and activation. A data plan is also required. Unlimited usage data plan strongly recommended or additional data charges may apply.
• 1 Within wireless coverage area only. Requires data services at additional cost.
• 2 Available for Exchange ActiveSync only. Requires Microsoft Outlook using Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 or Exchange Server 2007. Requires data services at additional cost.
• 3 Number of applications and actual performance varies depending on applications used and actions performed.
• 4 Searches web and user’s applications, contacts, and dialing information. Web search within wireless coverage area only. Requires data services at additional cost.
• 5 Within wireless coverage area only. Microsoft Direct Push Technology requires Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 or Exchange Server 2007. Additional fees may apply.
• 6 Within range of 802.11b/g Wi-Fi network. Some Wi-Fi hotspots require fee for usage.
• 7 Coverage not available in all areas at all times. Requires data services at additional cost.
© 2009 Palm, Inc. All rights reserved. Palm, Pre, and webOS are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to Palm, Inc. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. Microsoft and Outlook are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or services of, their respective owners. All screen images simulated.
when Palm Pre is available
• Palm® Touchstone™ charging dock
• Vehicle Power Charger
• Slip Case
• About Palm
• Contact us
• Palm blog
• Legal notices
• Country: USA
© Copyright 2009 Palm, Inc. All Rights Reserved.