Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm has announced the Palm pre today at CES, and of course Dieter was there live blogging for us. If you missed Dieter's live blogging, you can still check out all his comments here. Thanks for keeping us updated Dieter! You did an excellent job!!

The Palm pre is an egg-shaped device and is really cute. The pre is inspired by nature. Because of the egg-shape, the touchscreen is curvy. The pre has a gorgeous 3.1 inch 320x480 multitouch display. Yes! There's a rollerball below and the entire face has touch sensitivity. The multi-touch extends down to the "gesture area" below the display. The pre has an accelerometer, proximity, and ambient light. Plus it has extended depth of field capability. Did I mention it has EVDO? Yep, there's EvDO, Rev A, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth stereo, 8GB storage, and a fast processor.

Read more
    Looks interesting and I like the features.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I like - will wait til it goes gsm.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Looks like an AMAZING PHONE!!!!
    Time to upgrade!
    I guess all the legacy apps won't work, but hopefully some of those developers will migrate their apps to the new WebOS.

No mention if there will be a new Palm Desktop software app, but it sounds like it's designed more for MS Outlook, and online calendar/contacts management. I sure hope I can import and save my 10+ years of archived Palm appts!

Thus far, I'm impressed. Only concern is battery life, but at least with a removeable battery, I can carry a spare.
    Slider aside - That should have been the kb they gave the Pro.

Smiley, Spacing, and the Buttons are slightly Rounded.

It looks like the kb is also a "Home Run"
    Just call me Berd.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    I guess all the legacy apps won't work, but hopefully some of those developers will migrate their apps to the new WebOS.

No mention if there will be a new Palm Desktop software app, but it sounds like it's designed more for MS Outlook, and online calendar/contacts management. I sure hope I can import and save my 10+ years of archived Palm appts!
    From the presentation, you can either use facebook, gmail or outlook contacts. This is a cloud device, I'll be amazed if there is any desktop software.
    Just as I was ready to upgrade to the Treo Pro when it hit Sprint, now I'll wait because this phone looks AMAZING!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I have never said this about anything before...iPhone killer???
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    I have never said this about anything before...iPhone killer???
    I would think so!
    Just call me Berd.
    I know Palm always goes with Sprint 1st. Just as Apple went to AT & T, both have the worst service according to consumer reports and my pwn person experience. I love it, I want it, but until it is available on Verizon, I will skip it. I wonder how long we will have to wait uintil Ver. sells it?

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    HE HA! I have been waiting for a Palm device like this since the Treo 600!!! Wifi, BT, and GPS!!! YEAH Palm!!

This isn't an iPhone killer... it is an iPhone MURDERER!!
    with a new OS, does this mean that i won't be able to use all of the awesome apps that i've accumulated over the years? i love my good ol' palm os apps!
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    With Chapura as one of the developers, there has to be desktop syncing.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by creamy3 View Post
    with a new OS, does this mean that i won't be able to use all of the awesome apps that i've accumulated over the years? i love my good ol' palm os apps!
    im sure you'll get over them with this thing
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    With Chapura as one of the developers, there has to be desktop syncing.
    Why? They have moved more and more into wireless sync products.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Wake Up Verizon!!!
    Allow Us To Activate Sprint Phones!!!
    I Have Never Shelled Out Full Price In My Life But I Would Here.
    so... this thing does wireless charging?... how does that work?
  20.    #20  
    I hope that Palm will release an unlocked GSM version SOON!!!! I want it now!!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast