Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I think broadly the answer is - Palm doesn't care, there isn't any (or rather sufficient) revenue in keeping Palm OS users happy or compromising the user experience to keep them happy.
    I think you are correct. They are making a clean break from the past. I think their plan is to phase out Palm OS devices and keep the WM devices around for some cash flow while the new platform gets established.
    I understand that the Pre has 8gb onboard, however, does anyone know if it will support MicroSDHC or any other types of cards?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I just bought an iPhone, but this looks like I will be taking it back to the store. I sure am glad I didn't port my Sprint account yet...

So what does 1st half of 2009 really mean?
    It means By June at the latest.
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    I understand that the Pre has 8gb onboard, however, does anyone know if it will support MicroSDHC or any other types of cards?
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like it. I haven't seen anything official that says it doesn't have a memory card slot, but you'd think it would be listed in the specs if it did. I'm fine with 8 gigs of storage but I'm concerned about not being able to back up and restore on the go.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like it. I haven't seen anything official that says it doesn't have a memory card slot, but you'd think it would be listed in the specs if it did. I'm fine with 8 gigs of storage but I'm concerned about not being able to back up and restore on the go.
    Watch th video that Dieter just posted. It has interviews with the Palm reps saying everything will be OTA. I guess they expect your contact management to be done by Google/Outlook/Facebook. But what about apps and settings?
    I wonder if the Pre can run Skype???
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Watch th video that Dieter just posted. It has interviews with the Palm reps saying everything will be OTA. I guess they expect your contact management to be done by Google/Outlook/Facebook. But what about apps and settings?
    Yeah but what happens if I have many third party applications installed with data and program files that add up to several hundred megabytes. I don't want to have to sync all that back OTA when it could be done much much faster from a memory card.
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    Yeah but what happens if I have many third party applications installed with data and program files that add up to several hundred megabytes. I don't want to have to sync all that back OTA when it could be done much much faster from a memory card.
    I get the feeling that palm isn't expected or interested in people developing those sorts of apps.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    I know Palm always goes with Sprint 1st. Just as Apple went to AT & T, both have the worst service according to consumer reports and my pwn person experience. I love it, I want it, but until it is available on Verizon, I will skip it. I wonder how long we will have to wait uintil Ver. sells it?

Take care, Jay
    I've been with Sprint for almost 8 years. I think their voice & data networks are top notch, plus their pricing is unbeatable. I was silly and ported my number to VZW because my wife went from Nextel to VZW so I thought we'd get the family plan. The voice plan was ok, but the data plan was outrageous. I'm so glad I'm back with Sprint. I bet VZW won't get the Pre, but won't get around to the device until the Pre II comes out. Which will probably be in mid-2010. IMO.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Look at the browser!! It actually works!!!
    The open pages look very similar to the iPhones. IMO
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Pre:
    weighs 4.8 ounces and at 2.35 inches wide, 3.96 inches long and 0.67 inches thick, is slightly smaller than other popular smart phones.

Treo Pro:
    weighing a mere 4.7 ounces and measuring a svelte 0.5 inches thick.

The Treo 750, by comparison, weighs 5.4 ounces and is 0.8 inches thick.

the iPhone is 0.46 inches thick while the iPod is 0.43 inches. Height-wise, the iPhone is 4.5 inches tall,
    Great Info! Can you also include the weight of each device too!?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Yes on MicroUSB
    Yes on Tethering, but by BT on spec page; wonder why usb wouldn't also work
    Here's the URL.

http://now.sprint.com/pre/?id12=UHP_...tab_010809_Pre
    ;^) This is looking very cool. I can't wait to hack one to Cricket....
    It's been a while since I posted because I've been too busy and our two 755p has been running on cruise control. No need to upgrade...until I saw the Pre. Wow! Looks amazing. Back on the "checking treocentral everyday" mode!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234