Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wait a minute. I have an "Everything" plan. It is the "Everything Data Share 1500" plan. I pay about $160/mo for 4 lines with 1500 shared minutes, unlimited data, messaging, etc. Adding a 5th line will cost $20 when my son starts driving. Not all "Everything" plans are $99/line "Simply Everything" plans.
    I hope they offer a reduced data only plan for the Deaf at the same price. That would make my day!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    well im a sero user, so I'd like to buy the phone for a retail price...
    When Peter Kafka asked if the Palm Pre's price would be less than the iPhone's $199, Palm CEO Ed Colligan replied, "Why would we do that when we have a significantly better product?"
    http://i.gizmodo.com/5126961/sounds-...ont-come-cheap
    why can a I buy a netbook or lap top for $399, but something much smaller and less powerful, like a smart phone or 5 year old blackberry, 'costs' more?
    I don't have a problem with them trying to sell this for more than the iPhone. I'm less crazy about how they will try to cram expensive data plans to subscribers.
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett View Post
    why can a I buy a netbook or lap top for $399, but something much smaller and less powerful, like a smart phone or 5 year old blackberry, 'costs' more?
    Miniaturization is still expensive at the handheld scale. Premium parts, tight tolerances, lots of engineering work.
    If they force a 30/m unlimited data for the Pre (just like what ATT did with the iPhone 3G), then I will hold on to my rusty old 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenithNadir View Post
    More hopeful that predictive, but inshallah that will be for new contracts rather than existing subscribers.

My nine-year loyalty to Sprint has been in large part due to the differential in data prices (using a 500-minute SERO plan, currently).
    It wasn't that way when I tried the "Instinct" but I have been with them as a business customer for 4 years or so now, so maybe cutomers service will give me a break, I plan to get the phone for my wife and two sons and cancel the iphones I got for them.
    Well if Palm wants to revamp themself's, why wouldn't they price all their new equipment cheap to gain customers rather than direct them to an Apple store?...
    It's interesting that they're waiting to announce a price. Maybe they don't want to announce it now and see their competitors start dropping their prices to compete...if they wait till a little closer to the release, they can game the numbers a little more. But it does look like it will be at least the same price as the iPhone.
    If Palm and Sprint need the Pre to be a big hit to survive, then why price it higher than your main competition, the iPhone and the Blackberry?
    Palm has said they're looking for the middle spot of the market, to me that says $200 after rebates.
    Now, as a $30 SERO sub, if Sprint tries to get me to ditch it for the $100 SE plan, I will keep my 700p or buy a cheap 755p on eBay.
    I don't need GPS, just 3G data, voice and text.
    This is an awesome device, I hope Sprint and Palm don't get cocky and forget what financial situations they are currently in and what is going on with the economy.
    Sell it at a fair price and let existing subs keep their plans.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I posted an answer to the Simply Everything plan debate without seeing this thread first...if you want to take a look i tried to find the best evidence that i could to the question as far as a 'required' plan being needed.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=175356
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    My prediction is $299 through Sprint because $399 would make it twice as expensive as the iPhone 3G and that's just ridiculous but who knows maybe after they see the positive reactions coming from everyone they might feel cocky enough to stick it to us.
    Hmmm...I already have a SE plan with my 755P. I've been drooling over the G1 for some time now. To be honest, I really thought Palm was on its way out! I was actually thinking of going to *sigh* T-Mobile *sigh again* when the G2 is released. This definitely gives me reason to wait! Hearing possible prices of $199 REALLY gets me drooling, as I was expecting a price between $299 - $399.

The wait begins...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Hearing possible prices of $199 REALLY gets me drooling, as I was expecting a price between $299 - $399.
    You are probably closer to the mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Exactly the opposite is true. Sprint entire game plan is to stop being a cheaper network and this is obviosly friom Dan Hesse's comments their big handset move to do it.

Hesse, the Sprint head, pretty much told you to forget about that. What was Hesse rambling about at the presentation? he kinda looked like the "obama, heees aaaa terrorist" lady wandering on McCain's stage, and Hesse added nothing relevant except what seemed to the live audience the rather puzzling "ARPU" comment.

That is "average revenue per user. He is intelligently and clearly signaling the capital markets that this is going to drive much much higher price plans.

Maybe you are on a $30 Sero but you are not getting this phone that way. I doubt anyone in a nice legacy family plan with two or three users for $100 total is going to see a Pre..

Dollar to donuts you will pay $100/month per user or more for this handset on Sprint. That's not cheap.

The difference betwen a device list price of $500 vs $600 and a new signup price of $200 vs $300 is meaningless. That $100 is $4 per month over your 24 month contract.

The key is if they will force a $100 SE plan -- as they did successfully (for Sprint) with the Instinct.
    Last i checked, i was paying 150 or so a month for unlimited everything on an iphone. I'll take 99 a month over that for unlimited.
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    I posted an answer to the Simply Everything plan debate without seeing this thread first...if you want to take a look i tried to find the best evidence that i could to the question as far as a 'required' plan being needed.

I hope this is the case.
    I mean, c'mon, I'm paying $30 for unlimited data and text, usually, I'm not anywhere near 500 voice minutes. I know I lucked out and got a great deal.
    An extra $70 a month ($840 a year) would be a deal killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    those are just footnotes. Hesse from Sprint mentioned ARPU and Simply everything as the first words out of his mouth at the Palm event.

There has never been a more clear signaling that Simply Everthing may be required on devices so early before.

Are we sure? no. Is Sprint mulling it and could go either way yes? Is it more likely then on any other device since the instinct which required it? I think the evidence says yes.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Oh yeah, you can bet Sprint is going to milk this for all it's worth...
    Hopefully they don't milk too much out of it as both firms have their future riding on this phone.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast